How the #$^@! did it get so warm??

UberDave

Platinum Member
Apr 9, 2002
Okay I live here in Michigan. It was like 40 degrees or so last week and snowing, and now it's almost 90F. I was always taught that the earth tilts the northern hemisphere so we're closer to the sun, thus making it warmer. However, when you make the transition from Summer ---> winter it takes forever compared to winter ----> summer. Wtf? I don't get it. Am I in a giant bubble where they $#% up the temperatures on me for enjoyment of a television audience like the truman show or what??

btw, I have the winning Lotto ticket ;)

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
I thought it was just chicago weather. I am sure it will be snowing tomorrow.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
I am experiencing the same thing here in London Ontario. Apparently it is caused by a massive storm to the far midwestern US, near the Rockies. It is sucking up a lot of warm humid air from the south and shoving it to the northeast.

Don't worry. A big Canadian cold air mass will push in this weekend. May not affect too many states but should impact Michigan. Unless of course that cold air mass is really potent and pushes down to Florida.:)

UberDave

Platinum Member
Apr 9, 2002
grrr.... you dang canadians always push that cold air back to michigan. ;P

it's a battle of the Cold fronts (canadians) vs. USA warm fronts!

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
<<grrr.... you dang canadians always push that cold air back to michigan. ;P

it's a battle of the Cold fronts (canadians) vs. USA warm fronts! >>

Thats our biggest export.;)

This will just get worse as spring unfolds. But it will settle down in a month or so.

johnjohn320

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2001

<< El Nino

she is back, eh?
>>

She? el nino=the little boy...hehe

Second, I was kidding. ;)