How should i express my love/like to this girl i known for 2 years?Please help me nooby here..i really dun want screw up

nanyangview

Banned
Jun 11, 2002
I asked her..SHE IS STILL SINGLE..NO BF...YAY!!! so it is good news...BUT she said that she is busy with school (me and her freshman)..WHEW she has no BF..so what should i do now?
NO I NEVER ASKED HER OUT OR SAID DO YOU LIKE ME OR SOMETHING, I was jokingly having a conversation with her y she was not hooked up yet since 2 years i left that school. SO IT IS NOT REJECTION FROM HER!!!

For me, i don't plan to jump into serious relationships too as i am dead busy too..but in the meantime, i want to foster even closer friendship so when the time comes..i can hop right in.

Her bday is coming soon..what should i get her?
I know that present and materialistic stuff does not represent sincerity? Maybe i should get a her a sweater = show i care??

plz advice...
Yah..so this is also the best time for me to show her that i LIKE HER...so how should i do it? she told me that she will be home for thanks giving long weekend and i might be visiting her church too.

PS: i have to mail the stuff to her cos she is in a different city. (1.5 hour drive, but i can't drive yet :( )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From my old story:
Ok guys..this is quiet a complicated situation but I sincerely hope that u relationship experts can give me a hand on this.

I knew this Chinese girl since when I was in Grade11 over 2 years ago in math class. We helped each other in school work and etc but then a year later I TRANSFERRED to another school. So basically I have not seen her in person for 2 years but we kept in touch via ICQ. And during the tough times of school, we support each other by saying encouraging things and in one occasion she even took the effort to scan many pages of her old test to help me out.. we thus kept in touch for 2 years this way? basically she is a really good and caring friend. Being a person who moves from country to country, school to school, I don?t have many close friends..but I consider her as one of my closest.

Basically her and mine personality really match in almost every aspect. She and me is those non-clubbing/partying type, we also like the same style of music, sports, arts blah blah?..(EXCEPT COMPUTERS HAHA) Her personality is a little shy (not partying/clubbing type, likes quiet stuff etc)

Now we both are in university, although she is in a different one, we still kept in touch and chatted everyday. Her birthday is coming in late October..so what should I get her? Hehe..actually I really like her too so maybe you guys can also help me on how I can express myself..

I am 18..never had a GF so I am a total NOOB!
Thanks for your time guys and gals!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
Originally posted by: AgaBooga
1.5 hours away? You think that relationship will last?

No but he might get to kiss her and stuff, which will quench his 2 year long thirst for her.

Aug 14, 2001
Buy a diamond ring and propose to her ASAP. That will express your love/like to her and then you'll be married and soon have little kids of your own. Congratulations!

nanyangview

Banned
Jun 11, 2002
"No but he might get to kiss her and stuff, which will quench his 2 year long thirst for her. "

OMG u guys are sado lol...well i haven seen her for 2 years and i am still no despo man

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
Originally posted by: nanyangview
"No but he might get to kiss her and stuff, which will quench his 2 year long thirst for her. "

OMG u guys are sado lol...well i haven seen her for 2 years and i am still no despo man

Are you trying to convince us or yourself?

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
Originally posted by: nanyangview

you might want to meet up with her quickly, if you haven't seen her for 2 years. she could look different.

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
OK let me present to you these 2 situations.

1)

You know you like her, and have done so for the past 2 years. You probably had dreams about her, she occupied your mind during class, tests, etc. You had sweet thoughts about being with her (and sometimes dirty), you probably imagined what it would be like to hold her, hug her, and say "I love you". You can totally see yourself being with her, and making her part of your life. Maybe you even imagined yourself being married to her :)

Now imagine this. One day you gather the guts to finally tell her how you feel about her. The moment was right, you had been thinking about it for days, and you just did it. Congrats! But she says NO, and totally rejects you. Your whole fantasy is ruined. Those thoughts, those dreams, those sweet little things you imagined doing as a coupel have all but vanished.

You can't handle this situation, "What is wrong with me", you keep on asking yourself. "Maybe it's my face, maybe she doesn't like my body, or maybe I said something wrong" Ofcourse you don't know the real reason she rejected you, you will never ever know. You are now deeply hurt, and don't know how to cope.

Months pass, and you think you have finally got it togather. You don't think about her like you used to, because when you do, it hurts. You see other couples, and you think about her, and then look at yourself with disdain and pity. And then she introduces you to her new boyfriend. He is clearly not as good looking as you are, he acts like a jackass, cusses a lot, even acts like a jerk sometimes. But she is putting up with him and seems very happy. This is it, the final nail in the coffin. She rejected you for someone else who is clearly inferior to you.

You just don't know what to do anymore.

2) You never ever tell her how you feel about her. don't get rejected and don't go through the whole thing I described above. Sure she gets another boy friend, but you always say "Well If I would have asked her out, I could have had her, I am clearly better then the guy she is going out with". Your hopes aren't killed, and you live happily ever after, meet other chicks and life goes on.

So when you buy that gift, just think of the two situation above and decide for yourself.

gnuel3

Oct 19, 2002
Originally posted by: TommyVercetti
OK let me present to you these 2 situations.

1)

You know you like her, and have done so for the past 2 years. You probably had dreams about her, she occupied your mind during class, tests, etc. You had sweet thoughts about being with her (and sometimes dirty), you probably imagined what it would be like to hold her, hug her, and say "I love you". You can totally see yourself being with her, and making her part of your life. Maybe you even imagined yourself being married to her :)

Now imagine this. One day you gather the guts to finally tell her how you feel about her. The moment was right, you had been thinking about it for days, and you just did it. Congrats! But she says NO, and totally rejects you. Your whole fantasy is ruined. Those thoughts, those dreams, those sweet little things you imagined doing as a coupel have all but vanished.

You can't handle this situation, "What is wrong with me", you keep on asking yourself. "Maybe it's my face, maybe she doesn't like my body, or maybe I said something wrong" Ofcourse you don't know the real reason she rejected you, you will never ever know. You are now deeply hurt, and don't know how to cope.

Months pass, and you think you have finally got it togather. You don't think about her like you used to, because when you do, it hurts. You see other couples, and you think about her, and then look at yourself with disdain and pity. And then she introduces you to her new boyfriend. He is clearly not as good looking as you are, he acts like a jackass, cusses a lot, even acts like a jerk sometimes. But she is putting up with him and seems very happy. This is it, the final nail in the coffin. She rejected you for someone else who is clearly inferior to you.

You just don't know what to do anymore.

2) You never ever tell her how you feel about her. don't get rejected and don't go through the whole thing I described above. Sure she gets another boy friend, but you always say "Well If I would have asked her out, I could have had her, I am clearly better then the guy she is going out with". Your hopes aren't killed, and you live happily ever after, meet other chicks and life goes on.

So when you buy that gift, just think of the two situation above and decide for yourself.

Holy Moly! As I was reading your post, I thought you were reading my mind! :p Cept I'm only at the first paragraph right now and I dont think the last part of the last paragraph will apply...

But I think #2 would hurt more than 1...

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
What ever you do don't let TGG see you talking to her. He is an infamous Desi Cockblocker