How should I cook my steak?

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
I only have 2 options, broil or fry on the stovetop. Which will taste the best?

Any spices or anything I should add?

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: biggestmuff
magnifying glass?

I mean, come on. Has ATOT digressed to this?

digressed to what? i've never cooked steak before and i'm trying to ask whats going to taste better of my two options?

JC86

Jan 18, 2007
on the stove with a cast iron skillet. coat the steak with oil, salt and pepper. sear on both sides and finish in the oven till medium rare.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
You've never cooked a steak before? Did you just quite being vegan or something? Do you live in a cowless area of the world? Did you just quite being a Hindu? What's going on here?

KT

Jhill

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
Marinate it and cut it up in small cubes than make a couple fajitas out of it.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
pre-heat stove to 500

get cast iron skillet. turn on stove top to high.

lightly coat steak in olive oil and some kosher salt.

get the cast iron skillet really fricken hot!

20 seconds each time.

Throw steak and skillet in stove.

2 min each side.

take out and eat.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
You've never cooked a steak before? Did you just quite being vegan or something? Do you live in a cowless area of the world? Did you just quite being a Hindu? What's going on here?

KT

i said i've never cooked a steak before, not that i've never eaten one.

Carbo

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2000
Oh no, not again! In about five seconds the "steak gurus and elitists" should be out in droves, each proclaiming that a bleeding steak is the only way to eat it.
Screw 'em. I like my meat cooked, damn it! Medium well for me, and get out of my face about it. Oh, yeah. And I marinate it for at least a few hours, and preferably overnight.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: pontifex
Originally posted by: KeithTalent

KT

i said i've never cooked a steak before, not that i've never eaten one.

Well then you should put a little s&p on it, broil to rare/medium rare, then dig in. That's assuming you have a decent cut of steak of course.

KT

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
On the stove top in a cast iron skillet at glowing red hot nuclear reactor heat flipping once until just med rare.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
i cooked it on the stove top. came out pretty good. fairly tender and pretty juicy.

i should also say that 90% of the steak i have eaten is deer steak, not beef. beef is much better.

rivan

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2003
Originally posted by: Vic
On the stove top in a cast iron skillet at glowing red hot nuclear reactor heat flipping once until just med rare.

:thumbsup: