how?!?! returned digital camera but did not get back money

Wuming

Golden Member
Dec 14, 2000
i got a friend who got into this sticky situation, and would like to hear some advises as to what he can do now:

he bought a digital camera from equalfooting a few months ago. but he cancelled the order before he got the item. he had used paypal to pay for the item ($999) before the item was shipped.

however, even after he cancelled the order he never got a refund. he had asked paypal to go after the company who he paid to (not equalfooting, as equalfooting only directs such sales to other companies and itself does not sell anything). yesterday, paypal replied to him telling him that there is nothing paypal can do as the company had $0 in their paypal account.

so what can my friend do now? complaining to equalfooting should be one option, but since he was not sold the item by equalfooting but by the company equalfooting directed the sales to, it would be unlikely that he can get equalfooting to refund him.

are there any agencies or whatever he can write to, who would be able to make that company refund him?

thanks guys!

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Clearly he must contact equalfooting and ask them what their policy is and what is the contact info for the company that rear-ended him.

Yo Ma Ma

Lifer
Jan 21, 2000
I've never heard of/dealt with EqualFooting, but they should be in the loop and helping to get the refund. Has he tried sending an official request for money via PayPal to the original company he ordered from/paid/cancelled?

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
i would never order from a store with paypal unless i knew the people running it.