How often do you get carded?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
I'm the only one that gets carded at company functions with the open bars. :(

I remember one day not getting carded at a bar, getting semi-wasted and going to watch a movie and getting carded since it was rated R.

Legendary

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2002
< 50% of the time. I'm 21.
It's mainly Indian people that don't card me (I'm Indian myself)
Also depends on my facial hair situation at the time.
It's been like this since I've been 18. I used to have a good fake ID to survive those random cardings.

thegimp03

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2004
At stores I'm usually carded every time. At restaurants like Chili's, etc., I won't be carded when I'm with friends, but I'll be carded when I'm with my parents. (wtf?) At higher-end restaurants, I don't get carded at all...

Shrug, I guess it just depends on the server.

mjh

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 2005
I get carded EVERY time I try to buy beer/liquor from a grocery store or restaurant. I'm 21 years old.

The only exception is when I go to a media only event, which means they really don't care if you're old enough to drink.

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
I hardly ever drink anymore but if I get a beer it would be at a restaurant, and in most cases I do get carded.

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Not much anymore. The last straw was last night when I was buying beer at the grocery store. I got out my wallet and the lady goes "I don't need to see your ID, you look old enough." I'm 30. My wife gets carded if I'm not with her, she looks young. She's 27.

miniMUNCH

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
I never get carded unless I'm going into a club/bar where they check ID for everyone as a rule.

OMoT

May 17, 2006
Im 15 and i dont get carded. Then again, I buy my stuff from the sketchiest place in the state.

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
Originally posted by: eminemrh25
At a convience store (7/11. ect)?
At a Grocery store?
At a liqour store?

Convenience store - Depends, if it's a sh!tty one, almost never, if it's a good one, almost every time.

Grocery store - Every time

Liquor store - 95% of the time.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Every time I buy beer. Tennessee has some deal where the clerk has to put your birthdate for the transaction. I am cool with it since its a good opportunity to flirt with a cute cashier.

JDMnAR1

Lifer
May 12, 2003
The last time I got carded was buying OTC medications, thanks to politicians who think the best way to stop meth production is to make buying Sudafed harder than buying a gun. :disgust: I honestly can't remember when the last time I was carded for alcohol.