How often do fast food places goof up you order?

rstove02

Apr 19, 2004
Which chains, in your opinion, are the worst at getting your order right?

I know that you can not expect super high success rates with people being paid at or near minimum wage... but some places surprise me.

I consider Burger King the absolute worst chain of them all. Over 50% of the time they mess up on my order no matter if it is dine in or to go. What I find most comical is that for a place that touts "Have it your way" it is more like "Choose it your way, but we do it our way". It is one of the main reasons I only go there 6 times a year nowadays. Who knew mayo, mustard, onion and pickles was so hard to do?

Oh and before any one else says this....Ding fries are done!

oynaz

Platinum Member
May 14, 2003
This exchange is stolen from somewhere, I cannot recall where.

Me: I want a Bic Mac and some milk.
McDonalds employee: Do you want something to drink?
Me: Well, yes. Milk. ½ a litre.
McD: We only have milk in 1/4 litre cartons.
Me: Guess how many I wnat, then.

us3rnotfound

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2003
Originally posted by: oynaz

why can't you just say ok then i want 2 milks?

sswingle

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
Originally posted by: us3rnotfound

Because people shouldn't be that stupid.

Billzie7718

Sep 2, 2005
My order is almost NEVER wrong because everything I order is all the way with everything on it. Very rarely does someone just forget to put onions or lettuce on something.

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
Originally posted by: ScottSwingleComputers

Well, if they're taking orders at McDonalds....

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000

its a Mcdonald's employee...if they were smarter, then they most likely wouldn't be there...

but to answer the op, McDonald's seems to screw up the most. Its always with breakfast too. I'll order the value meal and get the sandwich and drink but no hash brown or sometimes they mess up the sandwich.

chr6

Platinum Member
Oct 1, 2002
mcdonalds seems to mess up my order more than anyone else.

i usually get a breakfast sandwich (egg mcmuffin ftw) or if its lunch time, a double cheese plain and a small fry.

often times i'll get two cheeseburgers, or double cheese with everything, or a coffee instead of an orange juice

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I'd say it's wrong about 5% of the time.
But earlier this week, I ordered one of those Crunchy Gordita whatevers from Taco Bell... and when I opened it up, I found that I had the Gordita bread with some cheese on it. Apparently the employee got distracted and forgot to finish making it or something.

CptObvious

Platinum Member
Mar 5, 2004
I get my order right about 90-95% of the time. But with every fast food place, if you get too particular with your order you can expect to have it screwed up. I usually just order a combo and try to speak as slowly and clearly as possible. Still, 5-10% they mess up on the drink (give me a regular Coke/Pepsi rather than diet).

spaceman

Lifer
Dec 4, 2000
90% of the time.
but im the guy who checks the bag before leaving the window..
unless im absolutely certain it my sandwich has no mayo.
its my only concrete rule.
i can live with a missed topping, no cheese? no biggie...
but i hate mayonaisse, havent eaten it in 15 years at the least.
so i always check.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004

But if the employee just assumes two 1/4 litre cartons, there's an equal chance the customer will gripe about not having the size they want and just get one carton instead. Who orders milk with a burger anyways? I'd double-question it as well. Is it just some odd European trend?

Turin39789

Lifer
Nov 21, 2000
Originally posted by: cubby1223

But if the employee just assumes two 1/4 litre cartons, there's an equal chance the customer will gripe about not having the size they want and just get one carton instead. Who orders milk with a burger anyways? I'd double-question it as well. Is it just some odd European trend?

I agree, if I were the employee I would have said something similar, so that the customer knew that they would be charged for two milks. Also who orders by litre? I've never gone in and said I want a big mac and a 64 oz coke. The would have to tell me that their largest is 48 but they can sell me two 32 oz. I wouldnt expect them to just start ringing it up if I did that.

brtspears2

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
Less than 5%, usually it happens in drive thru where they forget an item. I never order special order. Just take everything. They are just trained to follow the assembly sheet of the items.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
When I worked fast food as a manager, our store had a fairly low error rate. Most of the time the drive thru gave the cars the wrong order, so the fvckups would sometimes be huge(ie: refunding a $30 order, or giving their next meal free), but overall the error rate was really low.

Andy22

Golden Member
Jun 8, 2001
Originally posted by: brtspears2
Less than 5%, usually it happens in drive thru where they forget an item. I never order special order. Just take everything. They are just trained to follow the assembly sheet of the items.

Leo Getz: They F*CK YOU at the drive-thru, okay? They F*CK YOU at the drive-thru! They know you're gonna be miles away before you find out you got f*cked! They know you're not gonna turn around and go back, they don't care. So who gets f*cked? Ol' Leo Getz! Okay, sure! I don't give a f*ck! I'm not eating this tuna, okay?

jupiter57

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2001
I always use the drive-thru, error rate is such that I ALWAYS check my order before I pull away.
Though I never deviate from what the store sells, such as "Big Mac with no pickles", etc., it seems that they leave something out quite often.
McDonalds in our town has gotten a lot better lately, I can't even remember the last time they screwed up an order.
The Taco Bell here, though better than they used to be, had a habit of leaving out one burrito, nachos, etc. every single time you ordered. I (somewhat) accused the manager (Wifes relatives :) ) of instructing their employees to do this. With over 300 drive-thru customers daily, that would be mucho profit!
(But after mentioning it to others, everyone I talked to about it had the same experience! Hmmm.)

TUKIN18S

May 12, 2005
Taco Bell seems to want to give me a chicken quesadilla instead of steak. It happened 3 times in a row late night drivethru. I just ate the chicken since I didn't notice until I was all the way home. Taco Johns>Taco Bell

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
not that often. last one was at Wendy'd. i ordered a spicy chicken sandwich and my got a jr bacon.

well mine was the really cheap chicken and my wifes had NO MEAT on it. just 2 buns with kethup. thats it.

when i went back in (got it from drivethrough) there was a line of people with screwed up stuff. the manager said it was the persons first day etc. i said "that bs. how fcking hard is it to put the meat on a cheesburger!" heh i guess its pretty damn hard actually.