How much would it cost to fly from Chicago to LA in December?

johnjohn320

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2001
Ok, I've tried checking websites to price fares, etc. But they make it so damned difficult-you have to sign up, give them your info, hell, practically buy the tickets before you know how much they cost. Plus, the sites are SLOOOOW.

So basically, I've been invited to go spend a few days with a friend in Carmel, California, sometime over winter break, presumably right after the Christmas holiday. I live in Chicago. I'm not sure what the nearest airport to her is, but let's just assume it's LAX for now. So, given the time of year, etc, can anyone give me a rough estimate on how much it would cost to fly, round-trip, from Chicago to LA? (coach, of course).

Thank you very much.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
It costs $430 to fly from PA to Sacramento in december. Not that I have to worry about that anymore, it seems.

badluck

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2001

you aren't going to get a good answer on here...suck it up and do your own research.....

johnjohn320

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2001
Try expedia. You don't have to sign up for them

Thank you. So far, it seems as though I'm looking about the 2-300 dollar range, which I can handle, but I've got to book soon! I hear the prices go up exponentially as the date draws nearer!

suck it up and do your own research

Y'know...I just....nevermind, I'm not even gonna bother to quote my own first post. Just read it, numb-nuts. ;)

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
My favorite site. Travelocity. Select my dates are flexible and round trip.

Chicago (O'Hare)--------ORD
Chicago (Midway)-------MDW
Los Angeles, CA---------LAX

It's going to be cheaper if you book your flight at least 2 weeks before your departure date. Right now it shows fares from $168 to $237 roundtrip.

Departure days are usually cheaper on Wed, Thur, and Saturdays. Return dates - Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday.

Chose the airline (ex. Northwest). It should show you the dates in each calendar month where seats are available, flight number, and time. Select the dates you want to leave and return. Hope this helps.

badluck

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2001

numb-nuts.....if you were smart enough, you'd understand that rates change from year to year and you aren't going to get an answer on ATOT. Checking prices on sites aren't that hard, you are just acting like a little beatch... ;)

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Check ATA airlines (YGPM)

EDIT: bah, I just checked Dec. 21st - 24th and it was like $300 roundtrip :disgust:--you can do better!

johnjohn320

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2001
Originally posted by: badluck
numb-nuts.....if you were smart enough, you'd understand that rates change from year to year and you aren't going to get an answer on ATOT. Checking prices on sites aren't that hard, you are just acting like a little beatch... ;)

Wow, you're really not good at reading posts before you reply to them, are you?

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by: johnjohn320
Originally posted by: badluck

Wow, you're really not good at reading posts before you reply to them, are you?
Obviously, this "BIIIAAATCH" is drunk. He is being "that guy"! I, however, am not drunk. Why am I not drunk? Cuz I got ripped off at a club tonight.:|