How much of a procrastinator are you?

Rip the Jacker

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
When I was in HS, I always used to wait til the last damn day to start on any projects, or start reading/finishing any books. Whenever I came home I didn't start my homework til like 10 or 11 PM or later, or possibly next day in the morning... I just don't get how some kids went home after being at school ALL DAY LONG and do homework after that... I just wanted to go outside, play video games, etc...

ShadowOfMyself

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2006
Its one of my biggest problems... I just cant get myself to start working on something... Once I do, it goes smoothly, but starting takes forever

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003
i was one of those kids that went straight home and did my homework. Now in grad school, i get homework done usually 2 weeks in advanced. Somethings never change I guess :p

Seems natural to me.

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
I've never started a paper before the night before it was due.

It's a combination of procrastination and the idea that a paper should be a one shot, sit down and write the whole thing deal. You shouldn't get to read over your paper and make changes and proof read it and make it all pretty, you should sit down, write what you know, and turn it in.

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Canai

It's a combination of procrastination and the idea that a paper should be a one shot, sit down and write the whole thing deal. You shouldn't get to read over your paper and make changes and proof read it and make it all pretty, you should sit down, write what you know, and turn it in.

I have never proofread a paper in my life. Waste of time. There's no use in polishing a turd.

legoman666

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2003
Originally posted by: joshsquall
Originally posted by: Canai

I have never proofread a paper in my life. Waste of time. There's no use in polishing a turd.

amen to that.

Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow.

Dunbar

Platinum Member
Feb 19, 2001
Still am and probably always will be a procrastinator. In HS and college I'd wait until the last minute, sometimes the day it was due. Of course I did my best work under pressure and had the grades to show for it. I just did my annual review at work and my supervisor kept reminding me to get it done and all I could think was but it isn't due for another month!

PeeluckyDuckee

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2001
I didn't really starting working (last 2 days) until I fell rock bottom, took 2 holidays down south, maxed out my CC and RCL, skipped and delayed my payments, bummed from my parents and siblings, and have collections on my ass. Haven't really worked for the last 6mnths. And I feeel GREAT!! lol

Now I can say that I've truly hit rock bottom. How's that for procrastination?

Sentrosi2121

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2004
I realized how unoriginal my response was to this post...so I didn't post what I wanted to.

Adn4n

Golden Member
Aug 6, 2004
I was until this current semester. I found a great group to work with that shares my great class load.

AlgaeEater

May 9, 2006
I was always that jackass that finished his work 3 days before it was due.

Now that college is behind me, I find myself putting my chores off until the end of the week, and then I put it off until Sunday evening.

So uh... yeah I guess I'm a procrastinator now.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I think my credit profile still says I am a poor student. I am just too lazy to update that :)

PS I have been out of school for more than a decade.

Kaspian

Golden Member
Aug 30, 2004
Originally posted by: ShadowOfMyself
Its one of my biggest problems... I just cant get myself to start working on something... Once I do, it goes smoothly, but starting takes forever

I'm the same way.

TXHokie

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 1999
I procrastinate so much that I'm hoping by the time I die, I won't have to do most of those things I've put off.