How much is appropriate to spend on a gift for someone you've only been seeing for 2 weeks?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: LolaWiz
Originally posted by: Ryan
in all honesty, i think that is a good range. not too much, but still enough to get a nice little gift.

what do you have in mind anyways?

Pier 1 has this crazy glass head that I was looking at - I think it would be a funny conversation piece :p

very cool! i like it. that would be a "fun" gift... not showing you are too serious, but something different and thoughful as well. i would get a kick out of getting that!

Who wouldn't get a kick out of getting head?

Viper GTS

AdamSnow

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2002
Originally posted by: waggy
If you are trying to get in his pants then its unlimited. If you are just friends $10 (but if any possiblity of more then friends then up it to $50_)

Fixed for the thread.

arcenite

Lifer
Dec 9, 2001
Originally posted by: arcenite
Is 20-30 a decent price range? I haven't decided on what yet - hmmmmmmmmm....... Pier 1 has this crazy glass head that I was looking at - I think it would be a funny conversation piece :p

Edit - Doh - it's a birthday present :p

What in gods name is that

It's a foot tall glass head :p

It would be cooler if it was made out of the same stuff that the T1000 was made out of.

L

Lola

Originally posted by: Viper GTS
in all honesty, i think that is a good range. not too much, but still enough to get a nice little gift.

what do you have in mind anyways?

Pier 1 has this crazy glass head that I was looking at - I think it would be a funny conversation piece :p

very cool! i like it. that would be a "fun" gift... not showing you are too serious, but something different and thoughful as well. i would get a kick out of getting that!

Who wouldn't get a kick out of getting head?

Viper GTS

aahahahah!! freakin-a! exactly!!!
if someone asked what he got for his birthday.... "i got head" :D :laugh:

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: iwearnosox
I'd get anyone that gave me that head a restraining order in return. It's hideous.

Aww - come on - it's cool :p

AbAbber2k

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2005
WTF are you doing buying gifts for someone you've only been with 2 weeks? About the only thing I drop money on is dinner and even that gets split or rotated or something most of the time.

Boxxcar

Mar 19, 2002
How can we possibly answer this intelligently without pics.
For a babe, I nice bunch a flowers for around $15-20 is nice and would be appreciated. All girls like flowers.
On the other hand, you could spring for a set of bathroom scales! LOL

phreakah

Platinum Member
Feb 9, 2002
Originally posted by: Boxxcar
For a babe, I nice bunch a flowers for around $15-20 is nice and would be appreciated. All girls like flowers.

read the thread a little more carefully

Boxxcar

Mar 19, 2002
Originally posted by: phreakah
Originally posted by: Boxxcar

read the thread a little more carefully

And you think I missed the point?

webcammie

Aug 24, 2005
I think the present should have some meaning into it (I know that requires thinking and guys dont like that) but it is better to get a gift that is thoughtful than a crappy cheap gift. whatever you do, don't be cheap so 30-50 is a good range for me.

Sex Smurf

Golden Member
Oct 13, 2004
Just go to dinner (so you get something out of it too) and tell the restaurant that it's someone's birthday. Embarrass the crap out of them when the staff start singing Happy Birthday. That's more memorable than a glass head.

2 weeks??!!! You are under no obligation to do anything. The most you should say is, "It's your birthday? Happy Birthday! How about an Egg McMuffin?"

shilala

Lifer
Oct 5, 2004
Being as it's for a guy, and it's only been two weeks, I think drinks and a humjob would be perfect. :)
Any other gift would be overbearing.