How much is a good shovel at Fred Meyers B&M?

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
I seriously need to dig out our drive way, our Accord is crying out in pain :(

Entity

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
$10-15, but buy a shovel from Sears instead. The handles are warranteed for life if you buy the Craftsman line.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: dartworth
:camera:'s

Wife just downloaded them to her desktop, I'll post them later.

Damn Sears is far away I think I'll just buy a no name brand shovel for $10.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
lol, yeah.. 10 - 20$ at the most I would imagine.

They very well may be sold out tho. :p

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Fortunately our neighbor was nice enough to lend us their shovel.

Shoveling a large driveway and sidewalk isn't as easy as it looks!

Mermaidman

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
How much was the sex change operation at Fred Meyers B&M? Oh wait--it's just a wig and make-up . . .

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Mermaidman
How much was the sex change operation at Fred Meyers B&M? Oh wait--it's just a wig and make-up . . .

I was able to PM against Safeway using a double coupon which saved me $1, so it only cost $89.

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Cornellius Pass Fred Meyer was sold out. They were about 22 bucks, IIRC. Bi-Mart has two models, both plastic. They were something like 18-22 bucks. They were junk (unless you consider it a one-use-then-trash purchase.) Target had some plastic ones, don't remember the price. Probably sold out by now. Lowe's has a good lightweight metal one with a wooden handle for thirty bucks, with the rest of the garden tools. Should last a long time. We needed a good one, so we got it there.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Bryophyte
Cornellius Pass Fred Meyer was sold out. They were about 22 bucks, IIRC. Bi-Mart has two models, both plastic. They were something like 18-22 bucks. They were junk (unless you consider it a one-use-then-trash purchase.) Target had some plastic ones, don't remember the price. Probably sold out by now. Lowe's has a good lightweight metal one with a wooden handle for thirty bucks, with the rest of the garden tools. Should last a long time. We needed a good one, so we got it there.

Thanks for the sound advice, I really appreciate it.

A neighbor let us borrow a traditional metal and a plastic shovel. The plastic was made for snow because it the square flat head but it SUCKED at breaking up the ice/snow.

The shovel I borrowed today was also square flat but it was metal, huge difference and perfect for snow.