How much is a car wrap

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Zebo, Oct 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zebo

Zebo Elite Member

Anyone done this? In my case it would be a 20 ft race car hauler wrap? Shell is 7 ft tall 20 ft long. Both sides and back?

[​IMG]

#1 Zebo, Oct 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2014
  2. punjabiplaya

punjabiplaya Diamond Member

i was talking to the guy at a shop yesterday who was doing my tires, and he's getting a wrapping maching thingy whatever the hell it is and he was getting estimates of around 3-5k for a full car wrap. so I guess you can extrapolate from there

3. Zebo

Zebo Elite Member

Wow. I think I'll paint it instead. Looks better last longer. There is a kid around here that told me he'd air brush and clear urethane whole trailer for $3000.

4. Apex

Apex Diamond Member

It varies quite a bit from place to place. It also depends on how much detail work you want done. Big flat surfaces tend to cost less, since they're easier to do.

5. The-Noid

The-Noid Diamond Member

The good wraps at cost are about $2-3 a square foot (my friend is a supplier to all of the big wrap companies). He has always told me if you are paying more than $5 a square foot for a car you are getting ripped and he deals with over 2000 houses.

7x20x$5 is $700 for each long side + the shorter sides. I want to say you could get it done for $2,500. I did my S6 for around $2,200 for one of the places he referred me too.

As for looking better, I can't tell the difference nor can anyone else unless you look from inches away. He had a big booth out aT SEMA (spelling) where he had 3 wrapped cars and 3 unwrapped and put up a contest to see who could tell each from 5 feet. Results were 50% who could guess which was which, so basically dead guess work.

I also live in central US so things are going to be cheaper than if it were on the coasts.

#5 The-Noid, Oct 23, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  6. thescreensavers

thescreensavers Diamond Member

The issue with wrap I dont care how good a quality it is, it will break down, I think they are rated for 5 years but under what conditions. The worst thing to happen is trying to remove the wrap after sometime and it comes off only in small pieces. Or the vinyl will start to crack.

All issues where paint does not have issues in.

imo Vinyl is a short term thing. Paint can last a life time.

#6 thescreensavers, Oct 24, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  7. Zebo

Zebo Elite Member

There are certain designs paint would look better like say layering smoke or flames with an air brush and some a wrap would look better such as a photograph. You can't have any depth to a vinyl print like you can with paint tho nor any metallic or pearls. I just want something more aesthetically pleasing than great big solid flat panels and still debating which way to go. I will also have my store logo & location so people see it. Why not get some advertizing in at the track or hauling shit around I figure. Anyway thanks for heads up on what I should pay.

#7 Zebo, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  8. Greenman

Greenman Lifer

Spam post deleted.

This is for the most part incomprehensible. Or perhaps I have dementia and have lost the ability to read. Other than "wraps" and "Texas", I didn't get a thing out of it.

#8 Greenman, Dec 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2014
  9. LTC8K6

LTC8K6 Lifer

Necro spammer. Try not to quote their links. :)

10. Squeetard

Squeetard Senior member

What's a Necro spammer?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.