How much does your computer weigh?

NAC

Golden Member
Dec 30, 2000
I upgraded my computer today - changed the power supply from 550 to 850 watts (EVGA 850 P2), and upgraded the second water cooler to a thicker 120mm radiator (Corsair H80i v2).

I also gave my computer a name. The Beast. Dual Xeon E5-2670 processors in a full tower case. I have 32 gigs ram, 7 HHD/2 SSD totaling over 13tb, plus another 16tb of external drives that I rotate for backup. A GTX 960 serves as video card. I plan to get a second one eventually, hence the beefier power supply. I do video and photo editing, and basically no gaming.

So... to my topic. I was lugging this thing from under my desk and damn it is huge and heavy. I got out the scale, and would you believe 62.8 pounds. I guess I like my computers a little chunky.

Reactions: VirtualLarry

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
No idea of how much it weighs, but my Be Quiet case is 31 pounds by itself.

I ended up putting a smooth piece of wood underneath it so I could slide it on the carpet and out if needed. When I first built it and needed to move it, it really hurt my back trying to pick it up while bent over / leaning. I wasn't making that mistake again. :)

Reactions: VirtualLarry

Gt403cyl

Jun 12, 2018
No idea what mine weighs (no scale handy) but I will say it’s pretty heavy if I had to guess probably 50lbs ish...

Case alone is 21lbs, liquid is another 3lbs, psu, CPU, motherboard and ram another 20lbs, 2 rads, pump and tubing another 7-8lbs, drives another 2-3lbs so yeah about 50ish lbs.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Have to dig out the luggage scale and rig it up to get the weight on mine, but it's about as heavy as I want to make it.

I just switched from a Fractal R5 midtower to a Phanteks Enthoo Pro full tower, and the Phanteks is lighter because of the insulation panels in the R5 making it weigh 28lbs empty. Most of the weight besides the PSU is from a 280 AiO cooler, 3 HDDs and 2 RX 580s.

In hindsight, I wish I had gotten a slightly larger full tower. The Phanteks is not much bigger than the R5 was.