How much does the office of homeland security scare you

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Not very. I work on a daily basis with local and state law enforcement agencies in the metro DC area and the DHS which works wth us very closely is just about the most disorganized and innefective agencies around.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: tnitsuj
Not very. I work on a daily basis with local and state law enforcement agencies in the metro DC area and the DHS which works wth us very closely is just about the most disorganized and innefective agencies around.

Well.. that gives me the warm and fuzzies! But, like any new organization it takes time to stake out turf. I guess?

CQuinn

Golden Member
May 31, 2000
I'd feel better with a J. Edgar Hoover running it. then at least we would know
all the paranoia is focused at the top.

give me reasons it should scare us

Because "the DHS which works with us very closely is just about the most disorganized and ineffective agencies around. "

I does take time to stake out turf, but the whole idea behind the DHS was to consolidate
the turf so it would not have to take time to get critical parts of the job of gathering intelligence
and coordinating Federal, State and Local agencies to protect citizens and critical infrastucture.

The agency has had over two years to get its act together, and we almost seem to be
worse off with our intelligence apparatus than we were when the respective agencies
(FBI, CIA, NSA, etc) were deliberately not talking to each other.

Not to mention the ongoing mishandling of personnel for the transportation security administration.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I am always concerned with phenomenon like the homeland Security Department. Just from the title you can sense it's origin in right winged paranoid psychosis.

One thing you see when you do see is that the sickest among us are the most prosecutorial. It is the nature of mental illness that it seeks to punish. Law enforcement is always the first to tend toward fascism. Mental illness is the disease that sees others to be as worthless as one feels oneself to be without knowing that that's what's going on. In law enforcement there's a lot of exposure to people who act out those worthless feelings and hence a greater possibility of taking that for real human nature. Mental illness is the belief that man is evil. We don't want that belief in power. We manifest our beliefs in reality.

buckmasterson

Oct 12, 2002
As a threat to me or my privacy, not at all. As a threat as being an over-budget monster, it makes me want to run and hide.

bulldawg

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
I am always concerned with phenomenon like the homeland Security Department. Just from the title you can sense it's origin in right winged paranoid psychosis.

One thing you see when you do see is that the sickest among us are the most prosecutorial. It is the nature of mental illness that it seeks to punish. Law enforcement is always the first to tend toward fascism. Mental illness is the disease that sees others to be as worthless as one feels oneself to be without knowing that that's what's going on. In law enforcement there's a lot of exposure to people who act out those worthless feelings and hence a greater possibility of taking that for real human nature. Mental illness is the belief that man is evil. We don't want that belief in power. We manifest our beliefs in reality.

babble, babble, blah, blah, blah.

As far as DHS, I don't lose much sleep over it.

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Originally posted by: bulldawg

Yeah, it probably requires too much thought for you to understand the point he was making.

bulldawg

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Insane3D
Originally posted by: bulldawg

Yeah, it probably requires too much thought for you to understand the point he was making.

I didn't put much thought into his point after the second sentence.

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
I didn't put much thought into his point after the second sentence.

Exactly. You don't have to agree with everything he says, or the way he says it, to see that a valid point was made.