how much does it cost to have a place put a new tire on your wheel?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by spanky, Dec 9, 2004.

1. spanky

spanky Lifer

right now, i am in need of some new tires. if i go to walmart, they'll charge around $50 for the tire and like $10 for each tire to be put on. if i go to tirerack.com, i can buy each tire for $30 + $7 shipping. would i end up saving much by bringing my tires into an auto place and having them put the tires on for me?

2. KLin

KLin Lifer

they'll probably charge you a lot more than if you bought the tires from them. I wouldn't be surprised if they charged around 100 bucks or more to mount the tires on the wheels and put them on your vehicle.

3. EagleKeeper

EagleKeeper Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
    Staff Member

Most places will charge you for the cost of balancing and stem if you buy the tire from them; plus a disposal fee for the old tire.

You can try to negotiate some of the costs down, however, at a tire shop, you would have better luck.

4. Guest

I had it done in ohio for about $5. I told them i was in a jam, and asked nicely if they could help. Local shops can work with you while other places like wallyworld cant.

5. Quixfire

Quixfire Diamond Member

Most of the places I work with charge are $8-12 to mount &amp; balance a tire on a rim.

6. se7en

se7en Platinum Member

keep in mind wally world offers a service plan on tires for like 7-8 bucks that includes putting it on, lifetime warranty on the tire (as determined by the mileage of the tire), rotating/balacing, and flats.Their tires are so so but with that plan can't really go wrong.

To mount and balance a tire where i use to work (econo lube) we charged like 9, plus tire disposal 5, and thats just to put ONE on.I would hit up waly get a price on 4 and check out that warranty got that for my gf a few months back and she just had to replace one from getting a nail in it...went as smooth as ice didnt have to pay anything :beer:

Most tire have like a 40k-60k warranty or whatever but still have to pay to have them rotated to maintain even wear....