How much do you tip a house cleaner?

Argo

Lifer
Apr 8, 2000
Do you have a house cleaner? If so - how much (and exactly how) do you tip them? This isn't a family owned business but rather one of those services that sends somebody to your house once or twice a month.

Also, do you just hand them the bill or leave an envelope with their name on the desk?

mcveigh

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2000
no tip unless they are nude.

actually I use a small company for my grandfathers place. they are just 2 women. they get the money so no tip. if it was someone working for a larger company I may consider tipping them but proabably not except for the holidays

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
Dude...it's called a WAGE.

It's not like they're only making $2.13 an hour or anything.

cavemanmoron

Lifer
Mar 13, 2001
Originally posted by: Argo
Do you have a house cleaner? If so - how much (and exactly how) do you tip them? This isn't a family owned business but rather one of those services that sends somebody to your house once or twice a month.

Also, do you just hand them the bill or leave an envelope with their name on the desk?

House cleaner???

No way I can afford it,

and I would have to pick up,
all kinds of junk, before the "Cleaning Person" could do a good job.

I am a bit of a pack rat, and have been working on the house,
there is stuff scattered all over.

Its a bit of work trying to fix up a 100+ year old house.

Stumps

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2001
hmmm I tip myself a 6 pack of MB(Melbourne Bitter) once a week....it's enougth

L

Lola

when we had molly maid cleaning our house, i wrote a check for the amount asked then had two $5 bills(two people cleaning) next to it with a thank you note.
Our house is not that big and it only took about an hour, so i thought that was enough.