How much do you think Adele weighs?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007
Who's fatter Adele or Kelly Clarkson?

Who has the better voice?

Last edited:

surfsatwerk

Lifer
Mar 6, 2008
Thin privilege is drowning a young fat character and everyone just accepting that he “brought it upon himself.” I love Roald Dahl, but I’ve only just come to terms with the fact that he straight up drowned Augustus Gloop in chocolate, forced him through several miles of plumbing, and implied that his ultimate fate might end up being boiled into sweets. And why? Because he was a chubby child, an evil he puts on par with being spoiled, rude, and violent. At least in the Tim Burton adaptation, they make Augustus a little bit of an asshole, but his punishment is still because he dares to be a fat child.

http://thisisthinprivilege.tumblr.com/

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Says the B.M.O.C.
:)
Aren't you 6'6" or something?

Nah, I'm just over 6'1" But, 180 pounds is light, I can easily hoist one of her on each shoulder like a sack of potatoes. Mostly I am a fat guy, but, I am still in semidecent shape. (as in, I have no problems with stairs or walking a dozen miles or swimming across lakes or rivers or whatever.)

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
How insecure do you have to be to talk shit about somebody else?

I forgot, everyone on AT is rich and sexy.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
What does insecurity have to do with anything? It's just an observation like if someone had a giant mole on their face, or if they wore a ridiculous hat. Don't care that she's fat, but she is. /shrug

KT

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Who's fatter Adele or Kelly Clarkson?

Who has the better voice?

Adele.

Kelly Clarkson is more pleasant to my ears. And not as fat.

I must be the only person on the planet who thinks Adele's voice sucks...

She can sing just fine, I just don't particularly care for it. Kind of like how Adele prefers pizza to cheeseburgers. Both taste good, she'd just rather have a 14" Papa John's Supreme for a midnight snack than Five Guys.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Adele.

Kelly Clarkson is more pleasant to my ears. And not as fat.

Ehh, Kelly Clarkson's voice/song choice is like a very good TV movie. Adele's voice/song choice is like an Oscar-winning film.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Women are almost impossible for me to guess weight as they get into the festively plump and beyond range. You can have a man and a woman of a similar build and overall size, yet the guy goes 250 and the woman is 175 or some impossible to understand number.

There are women that are quite literally two of me in dimensional size yet weigh like 10 pounds more than me.

Shit don't add up.

JamesV

Platinum Member
Jul 9, 2011
Nah, I'm just over 6'1" But, 180 pounds is light, I can easily hoist one of her on each shoulder like a sack of potatoes. Mostly I am a fat guy, but, I am still in semidecent shape. (as in, I have no problems with stairs or walking a dozen miles or swimming across lakes or rivers or whatever.)

Just curious... how often do you find yourself needing to swim across lakes or rivers? I can see the stair part, but to include lakes and rivers makes it sound like a regular occurence.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Just curious... how often do you find yourself needing to swim across lakes or rivers? I can see the stair part, but to include lakes and rivers makes it sound like a regular occurence.

Well, not as often as when I was a teenager. I used to love swimming from my grandmothers house over to a place called "sand bay" about a mile and a half away in Lake Michigan.

I would prefer to have a canoe or a kayak though, as it's much easier to go faster and farther and then my shoulders are less sore.

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
Oh, you...
index.php

kwPLDQH.jpg

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Well, not as often as when I was a teenager. I used to love swimming from my grandmothers house over to a place called "sand bay" about a mile and a half away in Lake Michigan.

I would prefer to have a canoe or a kayak though, as it's much easier to go faster and farther and then my shoulders are less sore.
Damn hard to leave crumbs for a trail....

Just sayin'

Come to SC and I'll fatten you up with some S.C. BBQ.

Zin, you can come but you have to bring your own sauce.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
This thread is full of thin privilege. You should all be ashamed of yourself.

So most fat people today came from families that were historically fat and were therefore discriminated against for generations, leading to the institutionalized differences in wealth, social status, and employment opportunities that exist between thin people and fat people today?

Fascinating theory.