How much do sites like Asian Avenue, Black Planet, etc make a year?

anonymouschris

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2001
Really curious to find out. What do you guys think? Any other websites worth mentioning that base their revenue on advertising? Which one do you guys think make the most?

AlwaysWong

Nov 7, 2000
I don't know how much, but CommunityConnect has lasted this long so far. Can't say the same for Excite at Home or a few hundred other companies.

AzNmAnJLH

Golden Member
Feb 26, 2002
they must not make a whole lot i've noticed that pop up ads are showing more often and start up pages go directly to some product they are pushing guess that they don't make much because a few years ago they didn't have to resort to those tactics

Anghang

Platinum Member
Apr 30, 2001
one of the reasons they've lasted this long (AA launched in summer 1997 if memory serves me correctly) is cuz a lot of their stuff was homebrewed, they didn't make outrageous deals that would of put them in debt like outsourcing the programming, graphics, etc...

and how much do they make a yr?...beats me...kinda wish i stuck with them tho...but then again, i also like where i am now, so no regrets :D

but more power to communityconnect.com for lasting this long :)...its actually helped me a lot during my travels to get local information...

HamSupLo

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
I hate the ads on Communityconnect. They are actually of those community Internet sites that managed to stick around. I think they've managed to stay alive by not blowing huge chunks of money on advertising or pile up a bunch of unless services on their site. I think they will be ok if they stick to their core offerings.

murphy55d

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
They probably make a LOT because the Asian Prince mentions them in his site. I would assume he is an advertising force like no other.

:p