How much could I sell my quad core rig from 2008 for?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by KingstonU, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingstonU

KingstonU Golden Member

So I haven't touched my desktop rig in over a year. Too busy with work so use mainly my work laptop for everything lately. It's sad but the rig that I put a lot of thought and care into building in late 2008 is just collecting dust now.

Q9550 Core2Quad, HD4870, P5Q-Pro MB, 4GB G.Skill DDR2-1000, Vendetta 2 CPU cooler, Enermax Modular 82+ 625W PSU, Antec 300 case. Might include my Vertex 1 120GB SSD in there.

The CPU had progressively not been able to maintain it's overclock as I used to have it running at 3.6 GHz stable, now it's 3.25 and much lower voltage. Also the 4870 last I ran it was starting to show artifacting and making a lot of details more neon green colored.

How much could I get for it? With and without the the SSD. I'm in the Toronto area.

2. BoomerD

BoomerD Lifer

Price threads are prohibited here.

3. Sleepingforest

Sleepingforest Platinum Member

Pricing threads are forbidden, but I would generally advise you to look up each part to see roughly how much it costs new, and then knock off 20% for being pre-owned and worn down. If you can't find a part, just apply the markdown that seems to be common (so if all your other parts are 75% less, just go with that for the part you couldn't find).

I don't think you'll get much for your GPU if it's artifacting (and it's going to be 4 years behind).

4. lehtv

lehtv Lifer

Or go to ebay and browse completed listings.

5. Ketchup

Ketchup Lifer

This is what I normally do.

6. OBLAMA2009

OBLAMA2009 Diamond Member

it sounds like you bunged the cpu, you wouldnt want to sell it anyway

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.