How much are you spending on gift for your g/f or wife for Valentine's day?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Not much prolly just flowers and she's been raving about some movie side effects so we're gonna go see that.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
$0 for xmas and $0 for VDay for the wife. Only thing we really go for is anniversaries, even then it is hit or miss.

I get her stuff when I want to, same as her with me. Don't need to wait for some stupid day others deemed important.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011

What is your problem? Do you not respect the privacy that is expected in L&R?

You can use L&R all you want to get off by trying to turn threads on the OP and incessantly attacking them, but just keep it there. Keep the spillover to ZERO.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
My wife's birthday is a few days after V-Day.
I get screwed each year... :(

I hear ya - my wife's is just a couple days before. Fortunately we don't spend much on eachother for valentines/christmas/birthdays. We save the money we would have spent on those and spend them on vacations overseas

sixone

Lifer
May 3, 2004
What is your problem? Do you not respect the privacy that is expected in L&R?

You can use L&R all you want to get off by trying to turn threads on the OP and incessantly attacking them, but just keep it there. Keep the spillover to ZERO.

Troll threads have no expectation of privacy. Thanks, anyway.

Wonderful Pork

Golden Member
Jul 24, 2005
I had flowers delivered to her office (last week, she's on travel this week). Completely surprised her. I used cash back to buy them, so total cost to me was like $10, and she was the envy of the girls at work for a full week.

Nov 8, 2012
$0 on any actual "gifts". We have a yearly trend with chocolate fondue. Most I'm going to need to get is some cheesy flowers (not a huge $100 boque, but just some $5 colorful stuff).

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
OP's gf sounds like a douche just like himself.

No hallmark holidays for us. Instead on Sunday. I'll get her some flowers. Then we're going to take the dogs snowshoeing. Later, taking her to the Hasty Pudding Theatricals annual show. Afterwards, taking her to her favorite restaurant. If we still have any energy, we'll go ice skating.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I have no idea how much dinner will run, they have a wine menu there that's like 20 pages. And single glasses range from $10 to $500. Hopefully she won't order a high end glass, but it's Valentines so it wouldn't surprise me.

I'll estimate $800 between dinner and the bottle of Patron Platinum I bought her.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
No hallmark holidays for us. Instead on Sunday. I'll get her some flowers. Then we're going to take the dogs snowshoeing. Later, taking her to the Hasty Pudding Theatricals annual show. Afterwards, taking her to her favorite restaurant. If we still have any energy, we'll go ice skating.

whoa, you live a craaazy life

ColdFusion718

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2000
I was going to take her to a nice place for dinner. But she also thinks she will be getting gift. So now I have to get a gift for her otherwise she will be mad at me. She doesn't want chocolates or flowers.

So what are you getting and how much are you spending?

Nothing. My wife said she's over the whole fake holiday. We might go have dinner before or after 02/14. We haven't done the whole Valentine's Day thing for 2 years already.

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
Nothing. I'm not even gonna be able to buy myself a bottle of rum this year. I have to work all day, instead of what I usually do on "Fuck you Single People!" day - drink myself into a coma so I can forget how lonely and pathetic I am.

Sep 12, 2004
My wife isn't a big fan of flowers or sweets. She would rather have a nice meal. Seafood is her favorite so I'm making her seared scallops, king crab legs, and spinach raviloi (found some at Costco that are shaped like hearts) in a tomato-vodka-cream sauce with Maine lobster.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Just a few bucks

jergens-ultra-healing-extra-dry-skin-moisturizer.jpg