How many years apart are your parents in age?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ohtwell

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
My mom is 48 (she'll turn 49 in Nov.) and my dad just turned 53.

They are around 4.5 years apart. :)

: ) Amanda

LaBang

Golden Member
Jan 31, 2001
Originally posted by: SaltBoy
Originally posted by: LaBang
My parents are 23 years apart. My dad is 74 and my mom is 51.

Wow... care to tell their story? :Q

Sure, but I don't really know what to say.

My dad was previously married and had 2 kids (they are almost 40 now). His wife divorced him when he was around 50. He was wealthy enough that he decided to retire and just live his life. He traveled a lot for the next few years being mostly a vagabond. He met my mom when they were both on a 3 month safari in Africa. Somehow they fell in love (my mom more so). When the safari was over, my dad didn't have anywhere that he needed to go. He moved to berkeley where my mom had lived since going to UC Berkeley. After two years or so, they married.

At the time, no one really supported them. My dad was almost as old as my mom's parents. Her friends were weirded out. But my dad was an adventurous, smart, and charismatic person. It all worked out.

Right now I am 18 and my dad is 74. When I was younger, I never realized how old my dad really was. Now he is starting to seem old. But he is still very sharp and fun. My friends say that my dad is cooler than any of their parents. I don't care, I love them both.

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999

yay, there is hope for me.

<< wants to date around till he's 30-35, then marry a 20-25 y/o hottie :Q :D

<< leveraging double standard. :Q :D

Salvador

Diamond Member
May 19, 2001
Mom and dad are 3 months apart at 60 yrs old (mom's still 59), but now they are both dating much younger. Dad's girlfriend is 19 and mom's is 32.

Sal

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Salvador
Mom and dad are 3 months apart at 60 yrs old (mom's still 59), but now they are both dating much younger. Dad's girlfriend is 19 and mom's is 32.

woah, your 60 y/o dad is dating a 19 y/o chick?? That guy is a freaking pimp.

"Call me daddy baby" :Q:Q :D:D

hans007

Lifer
Feb 1, 2000
my parents are 2 years apart. my dad is 45 and my mom is 43.

they got married when they were 23 and 21. most of my friends say i have pretty young parents, since i'm 21 already.

Salvador

Diamond Member
May 19, 2001
woah, your 60 y/o dad is dating a 19 y/o chick?? That guy is a freaking pimp
Neither of them look 60. I'd say they both look to be in their 40's.

I used to date older women when I was younger and now I date younger women. I don't think I've dated many women my own age come to think of it.

Sal