How many war heroes has Karl Rove vilified and slandered so he could protect Mr. AWOL? Rove = AVOIDED DRAFT - DNS

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GoPackGo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2003
Originally posted by: arsbanned
Robert McNamara confirmed the soldiers were torturing, raping, murdering drug addicts?
Twisting words doesn't count as effective argument, mmkay? Google is your friend, learn a little something about what McNamara said.

So what you are saying is that a vast majority of Vietnam Veterans are criminals?

Show me where I said that. This is fun.

I despise Jane Fonda and what she did in Vietnam, but that has fvck all to do with John Kerry, unless you're a Republican running scared.

I am NOT a Republican running scared.

I was stating that Kerry (and Fonda by the way) claimed that American soldiers were torturing, raping, murdering drug addicts.

You brought McNamara into the equation. If he had nothing to do with my statement, then he shouldn't have been brought up.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: GoPackGo
Originally posted by: arsbanned
Robert McNamara confirmed the soldiers were torturing, raping, murdering drug addicts?
Twisting words doesn't count as effective argument, mmkay? Google is your friend, learn a little something about what McNamara said.

So what you are saying is that a vast majority of Vietnam Veterans are criminals?

Show me where I said that. This is fun.

I despise Jane Fonda and what she did in Vietnam, but that has fvck all to do with John Kerry, unless you're a Republican running scared.

I am NOT a Republican running scared.

I was stating that Kerry (and Fonda by the way) claimed that American soldiers were torturing, raping, murdering drug addicts.

You brought McNamara into the equation. If he had nothing to do with my statement, then he shouldn't have been brought up.
What a Hysterical Tool. When did Kerry say all Soldiers were toturing, raping and murdering drug addicts?

GoPackGo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2003
Originally posted by: Gaard
Was Kerry lying?

On the scale that Kerry was claiming before Congress? Absolutely....

What scale was Kerry claiming?

From Kerrys testimony...

We are here in Washington also to say that the problem of this war is not just a question of war and diplomacy. It is part and parcel of everything that we are trying as human beings to communicate to people in this country -- the question of racism, which is rampant in the military, and so many other questions such as the use of weapons; the hypocrisy in our taking umbrage in the Geneva Conventions and using that as justification for a continuation of this war when we are more guilty than any other body of violations of those Geneva Conventions; in the use of free-fire zones, harassment interdiction fire, search-and-destroy missions, the bombings, the torture of prisoners, the killing of prisoners, all accepted policy by many units in South Vietnam. That is what we are trying to say. We are also here to ask, and we are here to ask vehemently, where are the leaders of our country? Where is the leadership? We are here to ask where are McNamara, Rostow, Bundy, Johnson, and so man others? Where are they now that we, the men whom they sent off to war, have returned? These are commanders who have deserted their troops, and there is no more serious crime in the law of war. The Army says they never leave their wounded. The Marines say they never leave even their dead. These men have left all the casualties and retreated behind a pious shield of public rectitude. They have left the real stuff of their reputa- tions bleaching behind them in the sun.

and

"If we don't withdraw," Kerry said, "if we maintain a Korean-type presence in South Vietnam, say 50,000 troops or something, with strategic bombing raids from Guam and from Japan and from Thailand dropping these 15,000 pound fragmentation bombs on them, et cetera, in the next few years, then what you will have is a people who are continually oppressed, who are continually at warfare, and whose problems will not at all be solved because they will not have any kind of representation.

"The war will continue," said Kerry. "So what I am saying is that yes, there will be some recrimination but far, far less than the 200,000 a year who are murdered by the United States of America."

200000 murders ayear, I would say is large scale

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Weren't we talking about this...B. Went before Congress and claimed the soldiers were torturing, raping, murdering drug addicts.

I asked if Kerry was lying when he said that. You said that on the scale Kerry was talking about, yes. Right?

Let me ask again. Was Kerry lying?

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000

Any soldier who would associate himself with Hanoi Jane is scum in my book, has no business being president, and should not be allowed to be a Senator.

he sat a few rows behind Fonda before she was Hanoi Jane! anyone who trys to make something out of that is scum in my book, and shouldn't be alowd to post here. :D

GoPackGo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2003
Weren't we talking about this...B. Went before Congress and claimed the soldiers were torturing, raping, murdering drug addicts.

I asked if Kerry was lying when he said that. You said that on the scale Kerry was talking about, yes. Right?

Let me ask again. Was Kerry lying?

Yes...200000 murders...a soldiers who kills in a war is not a murderer.

when you use the word murder over deaths or even kills, it is designed to illicit a specific response, is it not?

GoPackGo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2003
Originally posted by: TheSnowman

Any soldier who would associate himself with Hanoi Jane is scum in my book, has no business being president, and should not be allowed to be a Senator.

he sat a few rows behind Fonda before she was Hanoi Jane! anyone who trys to make something out of that is scum in my book, and shouldn't be alowd to post here. :D

He was the leader of the organization that she was a major financial support of "VVAW" so there is more of a connection than you would like to admit

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000

He was the leader of the organization that she was a major financial support of "VVAW" so there is more of a connection than you would like to admit

How old are you, jr.? Did you serve? What freakin history book are you reading from, or are you just begging to be flamed every time you post your bullsh!t? :|

GoPackGo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2003
Originally posted by: Tripleshot

How old are you, jr.? Did you serve? What freakin history book are you reading from, or are you just begging to be flamed every time you post your bullsh!t? :|

Ok..not "THE" leader but "A" leader

Kerry On Executive Committee

and

In January of 1971, they organized war crime hearings called the "Winter Soldier Investigation" in Detroit, sponsored by Jane Fonda, among others. One hundred and fifteen veterans, as well as Robert Lifton, presented testimony about atrocities committed in Vietnam, while Fonda, and antiwar activist, Mark Lane, filmed the testimony and arranged for distribution.

from Proof of funding - more proof probably exists - but not gonna search the world over