How many Trumpers will go to jail

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

How many Trumpers will eventually be sent to jail?

• none. everything will be back to "normal" until the next election

• 2-3 a few token scapegoats to save appearances

• 10+ most major players in the attempted coup

• house-cleaning. a vast purge of anyone who has collaborated.

• NO OPINION

Results are only viewable after voting.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Accepting a pardon is an admission of guilt, so it is exempt from self incrimination.

I think that depends on how broad the pardon is. if it's targeted it may not, if overly broad who knows.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
I think that depends on how broad the pardon is. if it's targeted it may not, if overly broad who knows.
I'm betting the pardons are going to be super broad. Trump is not going to take any chances that they catch them on something he didn't think of, so the pardons are going to be 'For any crime they might, or might not, have committed'. The courts have never weighed in on how how broad a pardon can be, and this court was practically hand picked to come to the verdict that since the Constitution does not limit the pardon powers the President can do practically anything. It is also why I think this court will uphold self pardons, and damn the consequences.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I think so as well. If so will he then be vulnerable to the sixteen state felonies that were previously dismissed?
Assuming we're talking about NY that was shot down by the NY Supreme Court for double jeopardy reasons. :( Unless there is something still outstanding I'm not aware of.