How many times have you contiplated suicide?

Thanatopsis

Golden Member
Feb 7, 2000
Seriously? Never. Semi-seriously - I let myself ponder it for about 2 minutes, and then decided I had way too much to live for.

nateholtrop

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2000
TRP dont be sorry for me....serious

I almost did it this winter and once last spring i came reallly close.

nate

happykitten

Golden Member
Feb 6, 2001
I think everyone thinks about it at one point or another... especially during the turbulent adolescent years. Lots of "what would they (parents/friends/whoever) do if I were gone" thoughts.

I've never seriously contemplated it, but I've had a few fleeting thoughts... is everything okay now, hon?

Hugs for you,
~kitten

Phobic9

Golden Member
Apr 6, 2001
I joke about it a lot. I have really low (next to none) self-esteem but I doubt that I would actually ever kill myself.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
I've contemplated it several times.
I've even caught myself sitting on my bed with my rifle loaded.

But I know I'm only being selfish by thinking like that. I know I have things to live for. I know I have people who love me, and I know people who I love.

I have more to live for than I do to die for.

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
once pretty seriously...i was younger though...and stupid :D everything was a mess

abracadabra1

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 1999
several times.

but only 3 times seriously though.

i normally came to the realization that doing so would void any and all love and care given to me by anyone, ever. and to me, that was definately a form of sacrilege- dishonoring my family, and myself.

i've got to much work left to do. i'm not weak, and i'm not going to lose, so fuck it.

sorry about the cursing mods, it just felt right.

Noriaki

Lifer
Jun 3, 2000
If you consider the mid teenage years seriously considering it, then I did frequently.

But it's been at least 4 years since I thought of it, I grew out of it.

Total Refected Power

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
I seen these threads before and was saddened to see so many people who have had these thoughts. I have no doubt that the number of affirmative responses will sadden me again. :(

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
once pretty seriously...i was younger though...and stupid :D everything was a mess

SilentBoB

Golden Member
Nov 13, 1999
constantly

It's not a matter of "What would they do if I were gone?" It is a matter of who that "they" is. I have nobody and nothing but a head full of morbid doubt for my self worth. What gets me by is the healthy mentality. It doesn't matter who loves me, it doesn't matter what I have. What matters is who I love and what I give. I love everybody. Every soul, every person. And I wish there were people to tell me the same.

Sublime - What I Got

ugh

Platinum Member
Feb 6, 2000
Uhh... What for? Life sucks sometimes, but get through with it. You only live once (so they say), so enjoy it :D

Belegost

Golden Member
Feb 20, 2001
Well let's see:
three attempts,
more serious thoughts then I can recall
and an almost constant semi-serious thinking about it.
In fact it's become a stock joke with my friends and I.

bigbootydaddy

Banned
Sep 14, 2000
couple of times, gf broke up, school sucked, work sucked, felt i was going nowhere, was in major debt, car kept screwing up, all my friends were in a city outside of houston, my parents were constantly ill, but then i realized it wouldnt do anygood.

and then ATOT wouldnt be as cool without a BBD.:)

if anyone thinks about it, honestly and all kidding aside, talk to someone, heck even if you feel more comfortable talk about it here, im sure we can think of a million reasons to live but none more than the goal of finding your smile:)

Nutdotnet

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2000
I did a few times.

Once when I was 16 I came real close. Took a ton of pills, and drank a whole bunch of sh!t I shouldn't had. I ended up in an institution for two days. Why two days? Because I saw all these other kids who were WAY more messed up then I was and realized that the reasons I wanted to die were pointless. I straightned up REAL QUICK. That is why they only kept me for two days. They saw that I didn't belong there so they sent me home, which was definetly a GOOD thing.

I have never thought about suicide since then, I have now realized how precious life really is. My father died last September. It wasn't his choice to die. His death hurt SO many people, why would anyone want to cast that kind of pain onto anyone else? You never know when your life is going to end. That is part of the beauty of life.

Commiting suicide is a selfish act.

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000
semi-serious thinking (as in why-not, not like "sure, right now") maybe 3 or 4 times, but rational thinking has always shown me that it doesn't make sense to do it.