How many Republican Senators will be sent home?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I really hope we can jettison some of the more deserving people in Congress. Collins and Lady G come immediately to mind.

You guys see Jon Ossoff mop the damn floor with that dirtbag Purdue? Holy crap, now that was a whoopin. And Purdue's staff canceled final debate haha Run Davie run! Hide! The bad man can't put the boots to ya if he can't find ya!

Last edited:

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I really hope we can jettison some of the more deserving people in Congress. Collins and Lady G come immediately to mind.

You guys see Jon Ossoff mop the damn floor with that dirtbag Purdue? Holy crap, now that was a whoopin. And Purdue's staff canceled final debate haha Run Davie run! Hide! The bad man can't put the boots to ya if he can't find ya!
Saw it and loved it, Purdue looked like a puppy caught peeing on the living room rug.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
That’s why you add more states too - to decrease this long term advantage.

Regardless, there is a very good reason Republicans haven’t eliminated the filibuster. The senate rules already let republicans pass their type of bills (tax cuts) with a simple majority. They don’t care about much else so the filibuster is used only to block things like the expansion of health insurance. It should have been eliminated long ago but we can still do it now.

If they don’t care about norms then why does it matter what Democrats do?
Obviously it matters because most Democrats do care and respect the rule of law.
I gave a specific concern where Chuck Schumer might add two justices to the Supreme Court, basically leaving us where we'd be (net -1) if Merrick Garland was given a fair vote. OTOH, you can almost bet that a future version of MoscowMitch would add 4 or more justices if that gave them a bigger majority.

But your arguments are valid, and it seems likely that the filibuster will go the way of the dodo bird.