How many people still use Netscape at all?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Redneck

May 20, 2000
Can anybody tell me why the great ie5,with all its wisdom, has to load its page not found screen when an add banner doesnt work? Might it just be easier to put an x in the frame that the ad was in, instead of making me reload the page, sometimes several times?

jonnyGURU

Moderator <BR> Power Supplies
Oct 30, 1999
Red: What?

Where in 7.1 are you talking about? If you're talking about the GUI, I always use KDE and as far as 7.1 goes, KDE looks like KDE so I don't know why you would imply that 7.1 is any more &quot;Windows 3.1ish&quot; than any other Linux release. You're probably thinking about Gnome. Gnome is for sadists. We're talking PRE 3.1ish. Were talking 3.0! ;)

Guygye

Jun 14, 2000
I use it pretty often, I must admit I use IE more than I'd like to but thats because its there at work, if netscape was loaded on all the machines I use then I'd use that more.

~zonker~

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2000
I rarely use anything but Netscape on Win2K...

Bill Gates can take his browser software and explore the nether regions of the competitors he ruthlessly and illegaly drove out of business and come out smelling like he took a shower IMO