How many people in ATOT need help at life?

DaShen

Lifer
Dec 1, 2000
After reading these threads today...

WTH

WTH Part Deux

As well as many other classics in the never-ending amount of people that seem to have issues that really shouldn't be issues at all.

I will get rid of the links if it offends anyone, but seriously.... WTH!

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Sometimes I wonder how a lot of these doofuses make it through daily life. It is truly amazing.

DaShen

Lifer
Dec 1, 2000
Originally posted by: loup garou
Sometimes I wonder how a lot of these doofuses make it through daily life. It is truly amazing.

Man, I might be in a crabby mood this morning, but seriously. How does someone get to that point? :confused:

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
honestly, who doesn't need help with life sometimes? not all of us post about it on messageboards though.

DaShen

Lifer
Dec 1, 2000
Originally posted by: moshquerade
honestly, who doesn't need help with life sometimes? not all of us post about it on messageboards though.

The idea though is that most people can function normally. They might need help every once in a while, but man, some of the stuff ATOTers ask help for can get pretty sad. :(

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
i can function day to day, i just need help with social stuff. i think i may be anti-social...

for instance, on sunday, my sister had a small birthday party for my niece. it was my immediate family, her bf, and 3 of her friends.

i don't know any of these people, her bf is a complete @sshole, and I have nothing in common with any of them. so i kind of stayed in the outside of the room and then later on just went to another room and watched tv. i'm very uncomfortable around people i don't know very well.

i agree that i can't believe some of the stuff that people post on here. like the guy who posted about the fire that was like 50 feet from his house and he's on ATOT asking what he should do.

DaShen

Lifer
Dec 1, 2000
Originally posted by: pontifex
i can function day to day, i just need help with social stuff. i think i may be anti-social...

I used to be (people would describe me as a nice guy but a loner). There is still time to change, you just have to work at it (you may offend people on the way while you are working at being social, don't let it get to you). Mind you, I am still much of a hermit, but I have almost no problems in most social environments.

A friend from ATOT that I recently hung out with took me to a place I was uncomfortable in, but that is a different story.

archiloco

Golden Member
Dec 10, 2004
yeah i am in a grey area too...most of the days i can function, but there are some of those days, but i guess it would be boring without those type of days.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: DaShen

WTH

WTH Part Deux

As well as many other classics in the never-ending amount of people that seem to have issues that really shouldn't be issues at all.

Wow, talk about losers...That's pathetic.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Be a life coach! Easy money and suckers will line up by the dozens :D

Ausm

DaShen

Lifer
Dec 1, 2000
Originally posted by: Fenixgoon
i'll admit it - i suck with teh womenz :D

otherwise, i'm doing alright :p

Trust me. I have some good friends who are girls (I used to think that wasn't possible, but I have changed my mind over the years), and even some that are interested in me (I have no earthly idea why... I am an uber geek ;) :p ), but the ones that I have been interested in, I have had literally the worst timing in the world (seriously bad timing <things that I have no control over, too> ). ;)

It is cool though. It just means I can save up my money and spend time on my hobbies and studying.

sinucus

Feb 3, 2004
Just think of it this way. If you give all the YAGTers good advice they will be able to procreate. So my suggestion is to give them the worst adivce humanly possible to solve these problems. ATOT is not the answer for your YAGT woes, look at all the YAGT posts and then think, "Do I really trust THESE people to answer me?" think about it...

sinucus

Feb 3, 2004
Do they still have that MTV call-in sex show? They had one of the man show guys and some Phd on it. I haven't watched tv in years so I'm not sure. Maybe you guys should call into that show.

DaShen

Lifer
Dec 1, 2000
Originally posted by: sinucus
Just think of it this way. If you give all the YAGTers good advice they will be able to procreate. So my suggestion is to give them the worst adivce humanly possible to solve these problems. ATOT is not the answer for your YAGT woes, look at all the YAGT posts and then think, "Do I really trust THESE people to answer me?" think about it...

:thumbsup: :laugh: Nice... but I don't think most ATOTers are at the bottom of the food chain/web. They just need to mature. (At least the new crowd that are all in college or high school)

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Do they still have that MTV call-in sex show? They had one of the man show guys and some Phd on it. I haven't watched tv in years so I'm not sure. Maybe you guys should call into that show.

umm...that show is asking questions about sex. those guys asking the YAGT are usually asking how to get the girl to go out with them or like them. so that show would be worthless to them, as they aren't even getting that far.

DaShen

Lifer
Dec 1, 2000
Originally posted by: pontifex

umm...that show is asking questions about sex. those guys asking the YAGT are usually asking how to get the girl to go out with them or like them. so that show would be worthless to them, as they aren't even getting that far.

Agreed. Actually focusing on that stuff will often make a guy make talking to a girl more than it really is (a shy guy will overthink stuff if you put sexual attraction into the issue).

Best advice. Work on just talking to girls in general as human beings, and you will find it easier to get a girl. That being said, sometimes things are out of your hands, and if you don't get the girl <if you don't treat them in your head as the only girl for you -- bad mentallity>, don't fret about it. There is still a chance it may happen later, but even if it doesn't, if you can talk to girls in general, then there will be no problem talking to another amazing girl when you find one.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Originally posted by: DaShen

WTH

WTH Part Deux

Answer