How many people have actually started using iTunes or a similar service to purchase music regularly?

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
I'm downloading the ROTK soundtrack from iTunes right now. I bought another CD about a week ago. It's become my source for all of the more mainsteam music that I lsiten to, even though a lot of indepent stuff is still hard to find.

I've started buying some lesser-known CDs at best buy. I haven't caught onto the online-music purchasing thing yet, since I like the tangible benefit of buying a real CD, but most of the smaller bands are on sale at BB for about $7 most weeks, which is a perfect price, IMHO.

BatmanNate

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Nope, I pretty much only buy CD's when I go to shows. Lucky for me there's always a good show happening in Seattle. :)

saxophonoia

Platinum Member
Nov 6, 2003
Yeah I do it for music that I don't really want to pay full price for. Usually I just use iTunes for some jazz cd's i don't feel like ordering from somewhere else and use allofmp3 to get the rest

tart666

Golden Member
May 18, 2002
Originally posted by: pulse8
I'm not paying that much to download a CD until it's lossless.

and not until itunes switches to a portable format (so I can play the music that I purchased in another program / on a non-ipod portable player)

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: tart666
Originally posted by: pulse8
I'm not paying that much to download a CD until it's lossless.

and not until itunes switches to a portable format (so I can play the music that I purchased in another program / on a non-ipod portable player)
Exactly. Until then it's Amazon or DeepDiscountCD for me.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I use buymusic.com occasionally...prefer wma to aac because my cheapo mp3 player doesn't do aac. Apple's licensing is better though.