How many people became Sox fans tonight?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Chompman

Banned
Mar 14, 2003
You just mad cause more people like the team that beat you guys?

Doesn't bother me, never did care for baseball as a sport to watch, now womens volleyball is what you call a "spectators sport" :D

erikistired

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2000
been disappointed by red sox loses since i was a little kid, does that count? never liked atlanta, looking for a favorite team trading baseball cards with my buddies and playing little league. i was masochistic so i latched onto the sox. and finally a world series win!

pancho619

Platinum Member
Feb 4, 2000
Originally posted by: Geekbabe
32 years of nail biting suffering here ! The Red Sox nation is a great place though,new citizens are welcome:)

The people here are going wild! This is totally outragous in a sedate town on a weekday night!

Shouldn't you be out celebrating?

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: pancho619
32 years of nail biting suffering here ! The Red Sox nation is a great place though,new citizens are welcome:)

The people here are going wild! This is totally outragous in a sedate town on a weekday night!

gotta work in the morning:)

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: pancho619

gotta work in the morning:)

I'm sure every business in Boston will open late tommorow. :)

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer: to all true Boston and NY fans!!!!!!!! Death to bandwagoners!!! SOX FOR LIFE!!!

RedPickle

Golden Member
Sep 25, 2002
Originally posted by: ThePresence
Originally posted by: RaynorWolfcastle
Bah, that means nothing. :)
People have been calling a Sox WS win for years and years. ;)

I'm 1 for 1 though :p

Okay, fine.
I called the Eagles to win the Superbowl at the begining of this season. Looking good so far. :)
Too bad I'm a Giants fan. :(

Go Gints!!!

RedPickle

Golden Member
Sep 25, 2002
Originally posted by: SP33Demon
:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer: to all true Boston and NY fans!!!!!!!! Death to bandwagoners!!! SOX FOR LIFE!!!

OMG... I agree...with you... :Q

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: jjsole
I was a red machine fan, happy to see them lose in the 70's.

But this year's team is the most remarkable post-season team I think I've ever seen. The championship drought is one thing of course, but the way they fought back from almost certain death and then never looked back was something any competitor in any sport can appreciate, especially with the amount class that this group has. :thumbsup:

CLASS?! That I will argue about.

I can't think of anyone that didn't have class or showed a lack of class - even ramirez kept his ego in check imo, even when he choked in the outfield. From their starting rotation, through their hitters, schilling, lowe, martinez, wakefield, damon, ortiz, francona etc... a lot of positive team chemistry throughout the team.

Who would you argue about?

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
I was a red machine fan, happy to see them lose in the 70's.

But this year's team is the most remarkable post-season team I think I've ever seen. The championship drought is one thing of course, but the way they fought back from almost certain death and then never looked back was something any competitor in any sport can appreciate, especially with the amount class that this group has. :thumbsup:

CLASS?! That I will argue about.

I can't think of anyone that didn't have class or showed a lack of class - even ramirez kept his ego in check imo, even when he choked in the outfield. From their starting rotation, through their hitters, schilling, lowe, martinez, wakefield, damon, ortiz, francona etc... a lot of positive team chemistry throughout the team.

Who would you argue about?

I never had a problem with Manny, I don't think he's classless, just alittle absent minded perhaps. Damon may be one of the classiest ball players, though you'll never guess it by looking at the man. However, Pedro defines lack of class. His headhunting is notorious, and many other things he's done in the past.

oogabooga

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2003
"YEA SOX FOR LIFE!! WOOOOOOO!!!!"

is what i heard from the guy who was cheering for the yankees 10 days at wingnuts, the place i watched the game at. He became a bandwaggo- err red sox fan tonight.

Freejack2

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
Enh, I'm certainly happy for the Red Sox and seeing as I spend a lot of my work time in Mass I'd rather that they won then the Cardinals.

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
I lived in Boston for a few years growing up, but I wouldn't call myself a Sox fan. I do like them better than the Yankees and Cards, though; I'm just glad the Astros didn't win. Call me evil.

MDE

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I've been a Sox fan (White Sox that is :p) for as long as I can remember. I'm mostly glad that the Yankees choked and the curse talk will stop coming from Boston, but will continue coming from the North Side of Chicago :beer:.

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Originally posted by: MDE
I've been a Sox fan (White Sox that is :p) for as long as I can remember. I'm mostly glad that the Yankees choked and the curse talk will stop coming from Boston, but will continue coming from the North Side of Chicago :beer:.

i'd much rather see the W/Sox with than the Bosox. eh, its history now.

im somewhat glad the curse talk is over (maybe?). lets move on to next season.

machintos

Golden Member
Mar 1, 2003
Not a sox fan but I was happy they won. I'm still bitter because the cards beat the stros.