how many of you ride your bike to work and school

Clocker

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2000
I want to get a bike so i can ride to the library and work.

My needs are bringing books and my laptop and I dont want to use a backpack.

does anyone have a similar situation. i want to use my laptop bag and throw it in a compartment or something on the back of the bike. how easy is this.

thanks in advance.

Best
clocker

Quasmo

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2004
they have backpacks now with laptop compartments. I REALLY like mine from Swiss.

Clocker

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2000
No shiot??? can you tell me your model number??? Will it accommodate a laptop bag inside the case???

oynaz

Platinum Member
May 14, 2003
Quite a lot of backpack with dedicated compartments for laptops out there. Go see your local backpack-pusher :)

OVerLoRDI

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
Find yourself a nice backpack, warning though.. be careful the life spans of laptops in backpacks is much shorter than those carried properly in bags. (assuming you treat your backpack like a backpack)

ojai00

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2001
Originally posted by: mercanucaribe
A messenger bag also works fine. THat's what they were made for.

Crumpler and Timbuk2 offer a few messenger bags with laptop compartments. There is also room for your books and anything else you need to stuff inside.

Clocker

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2000
well my reason for not getting a laptop backpack (silly but principled) is that i already bought a targus laptop bag, last month from amazon, its called a city messenger or something. also, i am getting older (30) and I really dont feel like carrying a backpack anymore. Considering i completed gradschool i have been using a backpack for a long long time.

BTW whats wrong with having a model number on your backpack :)

B00ne

Platinum Member
May 21, 2001
What you need is something like this.
Off course you need to have a rack on your bike. But those bags are simply Snap on very easy to handle great quality and it's Ortlieb so it's waterproof.