How many interviews did you go on

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: oldsmoboat

edit: well, 1 if you could the interview for the job I got... but by the time I got to the interview phase, it was basically a formality.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
I had maybe 4 phone interviews with different companies, and one other onsite. I felt I did well in that interview, but that company ended up hiring someone else. No big deal, since I'm better off where I am now.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
Interviews aren't the problem. The question should be, how many companies have you contacted with resumes and letters for posted positions that didn't even bother to respond with an automated reply acknowledging your application? In my own experience, 5% of companies actually respond.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Originally posted by: loki8481
Originally posted by: oldsmoboat

edit: well, 1 if you could the interview for the job I got... but by the time I got to the interview phase, it was basically a formality.

I already had a job with the same outfit, I just post and bid to a new job at a new location.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
About 6 discrete interviews, but 3 repeat ones for the job I am in.

I had a terrible interview with a headhunter in NYC. It was the most awkward and screwed up interview ever and I went away thinking "WTF was that?". She never called me back and I never pursued

What was funny was that this past Feb I was in Vegas for the industry conference. One of my female coworkers from a different business units came to dinner with us and invited a friend. It was the headhunter. Talk about awkward.

summit

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2001
i was 4/5 on my first interview go around. i was very shocked only 23andme.com turned me down.

polarmystery

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2005
2, yes my first interview made me feel like a total moron when I forgot most of the fundamentals of electrical engineering. They made me take a test during the interview in front of a panel. That was difficult.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
1 which was an interview with the manager then a tech assessment with the supervisor type person.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
121. For real. Got laid off from BMG after 10 years. Got a great package but took me 7 months and 121 interviews. 98% of the rejections were do to being overqualified or the fact that the job I was interviewing for was less than what I made at BMG and they were afraid I would leave soon for a higher paying job, which is asinine as any job you have, if you can make more, you would leave for anyway. Finally landed my current job and have been here for 4 years. Took a big paycut but still was within my means.