How many Americans deaths will Trump be directly responsible for due to COVID-45

Page 226 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

How many American will die due COVID-19 due to Trumps incompetence/indiference?

• 1,000,000+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
But the blame also falls on the general population. Selfish people not taking this seriously. No matter how poor leadership handles this, individual actions as a community could also nip this in the bud.

People follow leadership though. If Trump wore a mask and took this seriously, we'd be in much better shape.

Sure there would still be people who refuse to wear masks, but their numbers would be a lot smaller than what we have now.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
Not sure in this rare case I would blame everyone; many of these people are morons who blindly believe fox garbage along with Trump.

But the blame also falls on the general population. Selfish people not taking this seriously. No matter how poor leadership handles this, individual actions as a community could also nip this in the bud.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
People follow leadership though. If Trump wore a mask and took this seriously, we'd be in much better shape.

Sure there would still be people who refuse to wear masks, but their numbers would be a lot smaller than what we have now.

Absolutely. Much of the shit Conservatives believe in never would have occurred to them had it no been astroturfed right into their heads.

Nereus77

Dec 30, 2016
in the United States and Brazil that is currently true, for the vast majority of the world it isn't. that's because the rest of the world has competent leadership that was able to flatten the curve and bring infections down to very small numbers.

South Africa and India are going to post some huge numbers this month 😔

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Throwing this here, as I'm not sure it's worth a entirely new topic. Zoom convo with family in SC and one said that the school district was going to be online-only, but has been forced by the governor to reopen in-person. Quick google later, and I find this confirming it:
Sounds like 'you don't have to do in-person only, but the state superintendent will reject any plans that do not include in-person'. Brilliant move, SC.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004

the message, both words and action, still has to rain down from the very top.

i heard on NPR today of a recent study that showed where masks were mandated, positive cases fell around 20% and where they were only recommended, cases increased by around 80%. i understand there are plenty of other factors but the Trump administration didn't even recommend masks for months while the pandemic grew.

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
Not sure if this was already posted but in case it wasn't, this is the worse offense yet, worse than Ukraine. Assuming it's accurate there's a decent case he should be impeached again, right now.

They decided not to move forward with a comprehensive plan to fight the virus because they thought they could blame Democrats for the deaths. They deliberately decided not to fight a deadly pandemic virus that would kill thousands of the citizens they were sworn to protect... because they thought they could blame someone else.

These people do not need to just be voted out, they need to be prosecuted.
Near Hitlerian in scope and intent.

Reactions: zinfamous

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
If Donald Trump is so hell bent on killing everyone Trump might as well do it all at once. Press the red button Donald, you know you want to.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
Great ! Another REPUBLICAN who doesn't give a shit about kids.

Throwing this here, as I'm not sure it's worth a entirely new topic. Zoom convo with family in SC and one said that the school district was going to be online-only, but has been forced by the governor to reopen in-person. Quick google later, and I find this confirming it:
Sounds like 'you don't have to do in-person only, but the state superintendent will reject any plans that do not include in-person'. Brilliant move, SC.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
It is unreal how political this whole fucking thing has been.

There is a local sports radio I listen to daily and it's CLEAR what side 1 of the guys falls on, and just TODAY they were talking to the governor of Maryland, Larry Hogan, and in the discussion this one host said that he believes he feels sicker because he wears masks, then proceeds to talk about how dirty they are, as if he cannot wash one.

I mean he NEVER said this before and probably NEVER would have had that one idiot governor said the same thing the other day.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
It is unreal how political this whole fucking thing has been.

There is a local sports radio I listen to daily and it's CLEAR what side 1 of the guys falls on, and just TODAY they were talking to the governor of Maryland, Larry Hogan, and in the discussion this one host said that he believes he feels sicker because he wears masks, then proceeds to talk about how dirty they are, as if he cannot wash one.

I mean he NEVER said this before and probably NEVER would have had that one idiot governor said the same thing the other day.

I wear a mask over 8 hours a day and when I’m done, other than being wrinkled it looks clean. If they are getting dirty and gross then take a fucking shower you disgusting piece of shit! (To the radio guy not you of course). I wear the disposable kind though and not the reusable ones (which I know people aren’t cleaning daily which is gross and pointless).

Feb 4, 2009
I wear a mask over 8 hours a day and when I’m done, other than being wrinkled it looks clean. If they are getting dirty and gross then take a fucking shower you disgusting piece of shit! (To the radio guy not you of course). I wear the disposable kind though and not the reusable ones (which I know people aren’t cleaning daily which is gross and pointless).

It is so easy to clean the cloth masks it is trivial. Soap and water, smoosh it around, rinse. Shit you could do it when you wash your hands and leave it in the sun to dry.
Dirty masks are a real lame excuse.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Yeah I mean if your mask is dirty it's 100% on you. He even said "yeah sure you can clean them, but who does that?" Well if you are so worried about your dirty mask, I would think you would do just that.

It was funny because before he made his stupid comment he was like "I am not a doctor, but..."

And when Larry Hogan responded, the very first thing he said was "Well thankfully you are not a doctor..."

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Yeah I mean if your mask is dirty it's 100% on you. He even said "yeah sure you can clean them, but who does that?" Well if you are so worried about your dirty mask, I would think you would do just that.

It was funny because before he made his stupid comment he was like "I am not a doctor, but..."

And when Larry Hogan responded, the very first thing he said was "Well thankfully you are not a doctor..."

Exactly. Hopefully he was called out on it. Maybe a little shame would do him good.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Exactly. Hopefully he was called out on it. Maybe a little shave would do him good.
Here you can listen to it as well.

Starts right around 7:50.