How many Americans deaths will Trump be directly responsible for due to COVID-45

Page 225 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

How many American will die due COVID-19 due to Trumps incompetence/indiference?

• 1,000,000+

Results are only viewable after voting.

H T C

Nov 7, 2018
only nine days later and we are just shy of 1,500 deaths in a single day.

will we reach 2,000 again within the next week?

Question: this is with "Remsedivir" (or whatever it's name is) and that steroid UK doctors found that cuts the fatality rate by about 1/3 (don't recall the name) being used, right?

If so, how many more deaths would be occurring without them, i wonder ...

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Question: this is with "Remsedivir" (or whatever it's name is) and that steroid UK doctors found that cuts the fatality rate by about 1/3 (don't recall the name) being used, right?

I'm going to guess around 1/3rd more. ;)

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
Probably not a lot up to this point. Going forward the story might be different. However, we are too focused on just deaths as the illness has serious lasting harm to many people after they 'get better'. This really is a disaster far far worse than people realize.

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
Would you people just stop. The man shut down travel from China, when everyone was against it. "Don't do they said, it will save hundreds of thousands of lives!" but he did it anyway, saving all those lives. Who knows how many of us typing here owe our lives and our gratitude to DJT for saving us, please consider donating to his next fund raising dinner.

A fucking American hero, he should award himself the medal of freedom, or at least put a gold star on his daily report card.

H T C

Nov 7, 2018
Oh I was just making a joke. I agree we don’t know.

What i was trying to say is that the current USA daily COVID-19 death toll is actually similar to the highest it has ever been, if not for those two drugs.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Would you people just stop. The man shut down travel from China, when everyone was against it. "Don't do they said, it will save hundreds of thousands of lives!" but he did it anyway, saving all those lives. Who knows how many of us typing here owe our lives and our gratitude to DJT for saving us, please consider donating to his next fund raising dinner.

A fucking American hero, he should award himself the medal of freedom, or at least put a gold star on his daily report card.

Forgot the /s or actually serious o_O

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Not sure if this was already posted but in case it wasn't, this is the worse offense yet, worse than Ukraine. Assuming it's accurate there's a decent case he should be impeached again, right now.

Most troubling of all, perhaps, was a sentiment the expert said a member of Kushner’s team expressed: that because the virus had hit blue states hardest, a national plan was unnecessary and would not make sense politically. “The political folks believed that because it was going to be relegated to Democratic states, that they could blame those governors, and that would be an effective political strategy,” said the expert.

That logic may have swayed Kushner. “It was very clear that Jared was ultimately the decision maker as to what [plan] was going to come out,” the expert said.

They decided not to move forward with a comprehensive plan to fight the virus because they thought they could blame Democrats for the deaths. They deliberately decided not to fight a deadly pandemic virus that would kill thousands of the citizens they were sworn to protect... because they thought they could blame someone else.

These people do not need to just be voted out, they need to be prosecuted.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Not sure if this was already posted but in case it wasn't, this is the worse offense yet, worse than Ukraine. Assuming it's accurate there's a decent case he should be impeached again, right now.

They decided not to move forward with a comprehensive plan to fight the virus because they thought they could blame Democrats for the deaths. They deliberately decided not to fight a deadly pandemic virus that would kill thousands of the citizens they were sworn to protect... because they thought they could blame someone else.

Holy shit, so much to unpack in that article. The corruption we're seeing is unprecedented.

Republicans have no respect for their voters, and even less respect for people who don't vote with them.

I guess denying science has it's problems, like it might lead you to believe that a virus cares about politics.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
So Kuntner and Co. are so incompetent that they can’t even manage a cartoon supervillain scheme to shirk blame for a deadly pandemic. Predictably to anyone with a brain, the virus is ravaging red states now and yuge numbers of people blame Trump for it. Great going, Jared the Jenius!

Queue up every self own gif on the internet for Jared

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
So Kuntner and Co. are so incompetent that they can’t even manage a cartoon supervillain scheme to shirk blame for a deadly pandemic. Predictably to anyone with a brain, the virus is ravaging red states now and yuge numbers of people blame Trump for it. Great going, Jared the Jenius!

Queue up every self own gif on the internet for Jared
It’s kind of amazing that they are not only so evil as to not care so long as it’s only killing democrats, but so stupid as to think having an uncontrolled pandemic in certain parts of the country wouldn’t be likely to spill into other parts, considering we have no internal border control.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005

If this turns out to be true they need to be brought before the International Crimes Court and prosecuted for crimes against humanity. This is not just treason against the US, but against the species.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
It’s kind of amazing that they are not only so evil as to not care so long as it’s only killing democrats, but so stupid as to think having an uncontrolled pandemic in certain parts of the country wouldn’t be likely to spill into other parts, considering we have no internal border control.

Evil morons is the best I can come up with here.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Evil morons is the best I can come up with here.

This is exactly how I've pictured a conference room in Trump Tower:

maxresdefault.jpg

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012

It’s astounding watching some of my elderly in laws vote year after year for the ghouls killing their small, rural, very Republican town. But, apparently, the tears of others are more satisfying than having a post office that can promptly and affordably deliver checks, bills, medicine, packages, ballots... whatever you need. Trump decimated rural areas with his trade war, resulting in the need for huge farm subsidies to keep people from starving. But...They’re too invested in the alternate reality. So they turn a blind eye.

If every state was red, this administration still wouldn’t have had an effective national response to this pandemic. It would have amounted to Kushner saying, “The national plan is...for anyone who is sick to go to their local ER. Great! Let’s get that Tweeted out. That’s a wrap everyone!, See you tomorrow.

What we ended up with was incompetence and maliciousness. Which is possibly marginally worse than just the incompetence.

LBJ once said, “If you can convince the lowest white man he’s better than the best black man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he’ll empty his pockets for you.”

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014

I'm going to guess around 1/3rd more. ;)

Actually, 50% more. ; )

Last edited:

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Holy shit, so much to unpack in that article. The corruption we're seeing is unprecedented.

Republicans have no respect for their voters, and even less respect for people who don't vote with them.

I guess denying science has it's problems, like it might lead you to believe that a virus cares about politics.
Oh come on, you can take more corruption, can't you?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

Our Reich probably expected their great and wonderful genes to ward off the virus.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Basically, if you're human and are around a large group of other humans, it's likely you can fall sick with this virus.

in the United States and Brazil that is currently true, for the vast majority of the world it isn't. that's because the rest of the world has competent leadership that was able to flatten the curve and bring infections down to very small numbers.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
in the United States and Brazil that is currently true, for the vast majority of the world it isn't. that's because the rest of the world has competent leadership that was able to flatten the curve and bring infections down to very small numbers.
But the blame also falls on the general population. Selfish people not taking this seriously. No matter how poor leadership handles this, individual actions as a community could also nip this in the bud.