How many Americans deaths will Trump be directly responsible for due to COVID-45

Page 224 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

How many American will die due COVID-19 due to Trumps incompetence/indiference?

• 1,000,000+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Denly

Golden Member
May 14, 2011
I think you number is low, really low. COVID didn't really gain traction until April, only 4 months ago. The infection rate is increasing every day. We face 5 very long months, with a virus that has a lot of traction.

Any day in July has significantly more infections than even June, and a whole more than May. This is not just because of testing, as the hospitalizations and body count attest.

I fear we will be in the 400 - 500K by year end. By the time we are ready to put COVID into the history books, I fear my 1,000,000+ guess is still valid, all on Trump through his gross incompetence and indifference owns it.

my take is there is no way to know the really # until couple yrs down the road when we compare the norm to 2020/21, the "official" number are off and no one knows how by how much. Any by that I don't mean just USA it apply to all countries. And to your prediction I don't think it will get that high(I sure hope not), the more we know about the virus the lower death # we will get.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
my take is there is no way to know the really # until couple yrs down the road when we compare the norm to 2020/21, the "official" number are off and no one knows how by how much. Any by that I don't mean just USA it apply to all countries. And to your prediction I don't think it will get that high(I sure hope not), the more we know about the virus the lower death # we will get.

If the capacity to provide critical care is X & the number of people who need it to survive is X+n, then n will die. Simple.

Ashes & embers. Dying out. Reopen the economy. Send the kids back to school. Don't wear a mask to own the Libs. Oh, wait. Check that- wearing a mask has always been patriotic & Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia. Hail Trump. He is our voice. He alone can fix it. He will restore Law & Order. Wearing a mask makes him look like the Lone Ranger. Hydroxychloroquine will ward off the virus & the demon semen. Vaccines are just a way to put the Gates/Soros mind control nanobots into your body. There are bus loads of heavily armed Antifas & transgenders coming to your town to put you in Obama's FEMA camps, because Jade Helm & the Deep State plot. Right after they burn Portland to the ground. Only the superpowers of 100 little green men have stopped them so far.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
If the capacity to provide critical care is X & the number of people who need it to survive is X+n, then n will die. Simple.

Ashes & embers. Dying out. Reopen the economy. Send the kids back to school. Don't wear a mask to own the Libs. Oh, wait. Check that- wearing a mask has always been patriotic & Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia. Hail Trump. He is our voice. He alone can fix it. He will restore Law & Order. Wearing a mask makes him look like the Lone Ranger. Hydroxychloroquine will ward off the virus & the demon semen. Vaccines are just a way to put the Gates/Soros mind control nanobots into your body. There are bus loads of heavily armed Antifas & transgenders coming to your town to put you in Obama's FEMA camps, because Jade Helm & the Deep State plot. Right after they burn Portland to the ground. Only the superpowers of 100 little green men have stopped them so far.
Yet we have water carriers here who think this is really is not that odd of behavior by this administration and historically both sides have behaved just as badly.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014

anyone else see this?

HUGE—an @NPR
investigation uncovered info about private firm awarded contract taking over CDC hospital COVID data.

Saw this. Unfortunately, in these times of overwhelming items that are breaking norms every hour, this major issue becomes just a footnote. Make no mistake, this is bad.

Feb 4, 2009
Makes me react like this...
giphy.gif

Brutal but pretty funny

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
Does this surprise anyone ?

anyone else see this?

HUGE—an @NPR
investigation uncovered info about private firm awarded contract taking over CDC hospital COVID data.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
It will look even worse then. People that have medical emergencies are dying not because they have COVID, but the fear OF COVID has them too scared to go to the hospital or call 911. Strokes, heart attacks, etc., have not stopped or even slowed down, but hospital admissions for these emergencies that save lives have dropped off.

I do credit Trump's incompetence as the cause of these preventable deaths.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
yea right, when i see lightning i tell them to get in the pool because it's highly unlikely they will die anyways.

to be fair...the pool is probably OK. ocean = bad, though. lightning + salt water is the problem. Pools and lakes, rivers (fresh water) + lightning isn't really a big deal in lightning storms. ...not as far as physics is concerned, anyway. Electrolysis! look it up.

(water needs salts to actually conduct electricity. salts from humans = sweet in fresh water sources is almost never enough to be worthy of your concern)

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
When did the thread title change? Did the wuflu get renamed or what?

How many Americans will die due to Trump’s indifference and incompetence to COVID-45?

it was never the Wuflu. hat is something that only ignorant puss heads filled with rat shit say. full stop

It is the Trump disease to kill all humans. It is Trump's. full stop. end of story. At this point, it is his to own, and that will never fucking change. The data is unending. It can not be changed. You will literally know people that Trump killed. That can't be denied. This is Trump's pandemic and the world will forever know it as such. The Spanish flu, which had nothing to do with Spain and actually STARTED IN KANSAS YOU DUMB FUCKBUCKET, is still called the "Spanish Flu". Why? Because Spain was the first country, at the apex of the first world war, to publicly admit that the pandemic was real, and that they were experiencing it. Millions had already died everywhere, but Spain gets the blame for admitting it.

So, now, why shouldn't Trump get the blame for feeding the most fertile breeding ground of the pandemic, through denial and utter dumbshit conspiracy witchmongering? Why Not? The US is undeniably, unmistakably to blame for the Spanish Flu, but you shitholes don't admit that. Why isn't this now our fault; while the actual pandemic is, quite observably, Trump's fucking fault. It is.

The world will know this as Trump Flu. Bank on it. Live it, love it, embrace the fact that you support the GOP. This is your fucking pandemic. Sorry, but voting for Trump or "not voting" = this is your fault. end of fucking story.

Good for you.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

anyone else see this?

HUGE—an @NPR

yep.

another impeachable offense. all on its own.

and yet here we are.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
He opened up his presser today saying what a great man he was.

hahahahha. Herman Cain was a fucking idiot. fvck that guy.

I feel bad for his family...maybe, I guess. but what a consummate idiot. He had no qualms about screwing over every last little peon that dared step in his wake.

oh yeah, and fuck that guy.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
it was never the Wuflu. hat is something that only ignorant puss heads filled with rat shit say. full stop

It is the Trump disease to kill all humans. It is Trump's. full stop. end of story. At this point, it is his to own, and that will never fucking change. The data is unending. It can not be changed. You will literally know people that Trump killed. That can't be denied. This is Trump's pandemic and the world will forever know it as such. The Spanish flu, which had nothing to do with Spain and actually STARTED IN KANSAS YOU DUMB FUCKBUCKET, is still called the "Spanish Flu". Why? Because Spain was the first country, at the apex of the first world war, to publicly admit that the pandemic was real, and that they were experiencing it. Millions had already died everywhere, but Spain gets the blame for admitting it.

So, now, why shouldn't Trump get the blame for feeding the most fertile breeding ground of the pandemic, through denial and utter dumbshit conspiracy witchmongering? Why Not? The US is undeniably, unmistakably to blame for the Spanish Flu, but you shitholes don't admit that. Why isn't this now our fault; while the actual pandemic is, quite observably, Trump's fucking fault. It is.

The world will know this as Trump Flu. Bank on it. Live it, love it, embrace the fact that you support the GOP. This is your fucking pandemic. Sorry, but voting for Trump or "not voting" = this is your fault. end of fucking story.

Good for you.
Aren't you special.
Pull up your slip sweety, the mean orange man will be gone in just a few months and you'll be able to go back to pretending everything if fine.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
WH perpetrated a crime against humanity on it's own population because they thought the disease would only hurt people of the opposite political stripe.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/202...s-secret-testing-plan-went-poof-into-thin-air

Against that background, the prospect of launching a large-scale national plan was losing favor, said one public health expert in frequent contact with the White House’s official coronavirus task force.

Most troubling of all, perhaps, was a sentiment the expert said a member of Kushner’s team expressed: that because the virus had hit blue states hardest, a national plan was unnecessary and would not make sense politically. “The political folks believed that because it was going to be relegated to Democratic states, that they could blame those governors, and that would be an effective political strategy,” said the expert.

That logic may have swayed Kushner. “It was very clear that Jared was ultimately the decision maker as to what [plan] was going to come out,” the expert said.

On April 27, Trump stepped to a podium in the Rose Garden, flanked by members of his coronavirus task force and leaders of America’s big commercial testing laboratories, Quest Diagnostics and LabCorp, and finally announced a testing plan: It bore almost no resemblance to the one that had been forged in late March, and shifted the problem of diagnostic testing almost entirely to individual states.

Under the plan released that day, the federal government would act as a facilitator to help increase needed supplies and rapidly approve new versions of diagnostic-testing kits. But the bulk of the effort to operate testing sites and find available labs fell to the states.

“I had this naive optimism: This is too important to be caught in a partisan filter of how we view truth and the world,” said Rick Klausner, a Rockefeller Foundation adviser and former director of the National Cancer Institute. “But the federal government has decided to abrogate responsibility, and basically throw 50 states onto their own.”