How many Americans deaths will Trump be directly responsible for due to COVID-45

Page 223 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

How many American will die due COVID-19 due to Trumps incompetence/indiference?

• 1,000,000+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
As I said in the other thread, when you see a politician like Gohmert acting and saying the things they do--just reflect on the fact that a bunch of people living in some area somewhere saw this guy as a great choice. He's getting elected, and getting paid to act like an ass, so I'd say he's not the stupid one in reality.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
Anyone else notice that Florida's testing per day and number of new cases dropped off at the same time? They also have a backlog of over 3k test pending.

1596063211297.png

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Saw this on different forum. Unfortunately person didn’t provide a source. But no reason to not trust the numbers

0ACD8A72-49C3-4071-91AD-E56F15549F20.jpeg

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
Mostly only people who think they are sick are getting tested; so that is expected. Now if we were a first world country like China we could test everyone in florida in a week and discover the true scope of the out break.

Anyone else notice that Florida's testing per day and number of new cases dropped off at the same time? They also have a backlog of over 3k test pending.

View attachment 27119

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
I'm going to go out on a limb and predict a total of 250,000 by year end. I simply have no faith in the foxnews watching trumptards to get their head out of their ass. Can't wait till school reopenings start the next surge.

You fuckers talked a whole lot of bullshit back when New York was doing what needed to be done to try and control this. Even today some of you dipshits are still parroting nonsense. (Out of respect for forum rules, I'm holding back here)
Enjoy your curves

Stopsignhank

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2014
I found the start of this story to be very interesting and when you think about it, pretty scary that we are all not jumping on the same path to get rid of this virus.
If two large planes crashed every day in the US, killing everyone on board, the nation would be despondent.
If the US suffered a loss of life on the scale of the 9/11 attacks -- 50 times over -- the tragedy would be incomprehensible.
But that's how many lives coronavirus has claimed in the US since this pandemic started just six months ago

Cnn link

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
The worse part about it is that it was avoidable. Yes a few people were bound to die but most of the damage could have been avoided. Instead the bullshit right keeps pushing to do the exact opposite of what should be done. With just a small amount of clue this could all be behind us by now; the economy could be booming and the orange crap could sadly maybe have a chance of getting re-elected. Instead - the moron shoots himself in the head not once but a dozen time. Just die already.

I found the start of this story to be very interesting and when you think about it, pretty scary that we are all not jumping on the same path to get rid of this virus.

Cnn link

Reactions: zinfamous

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
I'm going to go out on a limb and predict a total of 250,000 by year end. I simply have no faith in the foxnews watching trumptards to get their head out of their ass. Can't wait till school reopenings start the next surge.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's over 300k. This projection tends conservative. We're already at almost 154K, but today's projection for the model is only 142K-151K. It'll become more evident what path we're on mid-August.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Texas hit 313 today. Hidalgo county was 45 of those. They set the state record for daily dead at 64 yesterday.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Saw this on different forum. Unfortunately person didn’t provide a source. But no reason to not trust the numbers

View attachment 27123

Oh it gets better...

TeleTracking Technologies Awarded Coronavirus Data Contract in Irregular Process - https://www.npr.org/2020/07/29/8966...g-contract-award-process-raises-new-questions

Among the findings of the NPR investigation:

The Department of Health and Human Services initially characterized the contract with TeleTracking as a no-bid contract. When asked about that, HHS said there was a "coding error" and that the contract was actually competitively bid.
The process by which HHS awarded the contract is normally used for innovative scientific research, not the building of government databases.
HHS had directly phoned the company about the contract, according to a company spokesperson.
TeleTracking CEO Michael Zamagias had links to the New York real estate world — and in particular, a firm that financed billions of dollars in projects with the Trump Organization.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I will top at least 500,000 by the end of 2021!!!
The damage has been done!
All in the name of getting votes!!

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004

You fuckers talked a whole lot of bullshit back when New York was doing what needed to be done to try and control this. Even today some of you dipshits are still parroting nonsense. (Out of respect for forum rules, I'm holding back here)
Enjoy your curves
I think you number is low, really low. COVID didn't really gain traction until April, only 4 months ago. The infection rate is increasing every day. We face 5 very long months, with a virus that has a lot of traction.

Any day in July has significantly more infections than even June, and a whole more than May. This is not just because of testing, as the hospitalizations and body count attest.

I fear we will be in the 400 - 500K by year end. By the time we are ready to put COVID into the history books, I fear my 1,000,000+ guess is still valid, all on Trump through his gross incompetence and indifference owns it.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
The reason people are less outraged about this as opposed to murders or terrorist attacks is most disease deaths occur quietly in hospitals or homes. If reporters sent out camera men to homes and hospitals to watch people die, if thousands of them were on the news, then the general public might actually be scared and take this seriously.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
Not much of a limb. Hopefully we will stay below 300,000.

Enjoy your curves

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
As I said in the other thread, when you see a politician like Gohmert acting and saying the things they do--just reflect on the fact that a bunch of people living in some area somewhere saw this guy as a great choice. He's getting elected, and getting paid to act like an ass, so I'd say he's not the stupid one in reality.

Sometimes they're electing one of their own, other times it's someone putting on an act. I'd say Gohmert believes the madness he spouts, someone like Graham knows it's bullshit.

Stopsignhank

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2014

wow, big day again. 1410 new deaths reported :confused:, 67k cases. And CA posts more cases than FL for the first time in a while.
To look at it similar to the new story I quoted. 4 fully loaded 777s crashed yesterday and there were no survivors.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
Florida has another day of just less than 10,000 positives with a record 252 deaths. Seems 20,000 deaths in Florida is within reach by the end of August.