How many Americans deaths will Trump be directly responsible for due to COVID-45

Page 50 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

How many American will die due COVID-19 due to Trumps incompetence/indiference?

• 1,000,000+

Results are only viewable after voting.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Technically, the three races are caucasoid, mongoloid, and negroid, but this forum isn't exactly full of scientists and a shit load of people cry "BIGOT!" any time they hear words like that.

Technically there are no races. They have no valid scientific usage, and the qualities used to define them are completely arbitrary. The entire race nomenclature is outdated and no longer used. If you go back further, or look at different cultures, they used different determinations for what was a 'race', so you are just picking a specific set and claiming it is somehow 'valid'.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
I get it. But fuck man I get torn apart for posting one tidbit that people think is wrong. I guess other's inaccuracies are ok. But youre now saying meh it doesnt matter. The intent is.

OK intent. Coronavirus originated in China. True or false?
Once again, as I pointed out in another thread (or was it this one?) the origin nomenclature is not needed, because we all know what virus we are talking about, and ALL the corona viruses are from China so it does not even give us a unique identifier for this one.

You only add qualifiers like that if it adds information or uniquely identifies something. We don't need it uniquely identified (and adding China to the name wouldn't do that anyway), so what information is he trying to add?

Reactions: DarthKyrie and pmv

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Technically, Trump has a long history of xenophobic and racist language. Sure, words on their own may not be perceived as such, but simply add context and intent and viola, bigotry galore.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Technically, the three races are caucasian, mongoloid, and negroid, but this forum isn't exactly full of scientists and a shit load of people cry "BIGOT!" any time they hear words like that.

Those are obsolete archaic categories, as far as I know not really used in science. I can remember when they were still in encyclopedias, though. They were still considered almost respectable when I was young. Which is one reason why I find it jarring when Americans use 'caucasian' as a synonym for 'white'. It never meant 'white', as it included South Asians. But the terms themselves are not used any more in scientific contexts because they are based on dubious 19th century ideas.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
In any case, Trump is just trying to ramp up the nationalist tensions, which I'm sure is really going to help the situation. I'm happy to accept that the racism-encouraging consequences of his language are not his primary motivation this time.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Technically, Trump has a long history of xenophobic and racist language. Sure, words on their own may not be perceived as such, but simply add context and intent and viola, bigotry galore.
He has discriminated in his housing but for some reason 62 million Americans didnt care.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
Coronavirus 3.18.20.jpg

Here's the March graph of confirmed positives in Nevada using data from The Nevada Independent (Link). Sure doesn't look good from a "we've got it contained" point of view.