How many Americans deaths will Trump be directly responsible for due to COVID-45

Page 200 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

How many American will die due COVID-19 due to Trumps incompetence/indiference?

• 1,000,000+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
After all gravity is just a theory.
Clearly they are in the pocket of big physics.
mFt3LRe.jpg

Why bother letting facts get in the way.
(courtesy of the onion)

Reactions: K1052
Jan 25, 2011
I like how now they want to point to the other western nation's, which largely went on full lock down for months, and to my understanding had mandatory mask policies. We haven't mimicked (sp?) them yet, so now we wanna? How convienently rash.
Just shows the utter contempt they have for their supporters and their capacity for independent thought.

What rational person would compare the US to any other country in the world right now and say, hey if they are opening back up so should we?

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
The incompetence of this administration is on fool display.

“Maybe this, rather than Just Say Anything, is the tagline for this administration: "The science should not stand in the way of this." That's certainly been their approach to things in general—the climate crisis, environmental protections, economics, the pandemic. McEnany went on to cite a study indicating children aren't at great risk of severe COVID-19 symptoms, which is true, but they can get Multi-system Inflammatory Syndrome. And she had the gall to pretend she cares about this as a mental-health issue.”

Reactions: uclaLabrat

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

“Maybe this, rather than Just Say Anything, is the tagline for this administration: "The science should not stand in the way of this." That's certainly been their approach to things in general—the climate crisis, environmental protections, economics, the pandemic. McEnany went on to cite a study indicating children aren't at great risk of severe COVID-19 symptoms, which is true, but they can get Multi-system Inflammatory Syndrome. And she had the gall to pretend she cares about this as a mental-health issue.”

Lets just let the Evangels decide everything for us.

• Haha
Reactions: DarthKyrie

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Well Texas let local health officials decide when schools can open in person. Dallas County is issuing an order at 6pm they keeps schools closed to in person instruction through Sept 7 at the earliest. The majority of districts in Dallas County are working on delaying their start of school until Sept 8. It will be interesting to see if the rest change their calendars or start online on August 10th or 17th depending on their current calendars.

Dallas County has had 14 days in a row of 1000+ cases. Cases from Fourth of July should start showing up by the end of the weekend. With delays in results being about 7 days and the incubation time being 2-14 days, any 4th of July spike will be spread over the next three to four weeks.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
And the gas lighting continues. That damn media and they way they always..... push play showing exact quotes.

Ok, full quote just tells us that schools are considered abuse treatment centers and mental health treatment centers.

While they think the science supports them, it just means the kids won't have serious health problems from COVID, but grampy and Grammy that little Johnny gives covid too may not be so lucky. Yea...you're gonna need some mental health treatment for the guilt little Johnny feels when he thinks he gave them covid and they're critically ill.

In states that already had case explosion and subsequent lockdown / declining trends, opening will be heavily monitored, but they'll lock it down again if needed.

Oh, and don't forget the teachers and staff who will die also. You owe it to 'Murica anyways.

Last edited:

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
And the gas lighting continues. That damn media and they way they always..... push play showing exact quotes.

That's some weapons grade gas lighting right there...

'' We have always been at war with Eastasia".

Trump chose well...McEnany can lie nearly as often as Trump himself. Hopefully ...110 or so more shopping days until your boss is evicted and your looking for another job.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Ok, full quote just tells us that schools are considered abuse treatment centers and mental health treatment centers.

While they think the science supports them, it just means the kids won't have serious health problems from COVID, but grampy and Grammy that little Johnny gives covid too may not be so lucky. Yea...you're gonna need some mental health treatment for the guilt little Johnny feels when he thinks he gave them covid and they're critically ill.

In states that already had case explosion and subsequent lockdown / declining trends, opening will be heavily monitored, but they'll lock it down again if needed.

Oh, and don't forget the teachers and staff who will die also. You owe it to 'Murica anyways.

I can tell you how this school thing will go. Kids are going to go back to school. It only takes one. One child, or staff will infect his/her classmates. They will infect others, and we will see mass school closing like we did in March. Especially when the weather starts to cool down. I think it will happen in September though. This virus is too infectious for that not to happen. Parents are going to freak out, as many become sick. Trump and the GOP are playing with fire IMO.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I can tell you how this school thing will go. Kids are going to go back to school. It only takes one. One child, or staff will infect his/her classmates. They will infect others, and we will see mass school closing like we did in March. Especially when the weather starts to cool down. I think it will happen in September though. This virus is too infectious for that not to happen. Parents are going to freak out, as many become sick. Trump and the GOP are playing with fire IMO.

It could. I'm in MA, my kids schools are taking it very seriously, and so far I'm comfortable with their plan. If for whatever reason the kids end up back at home doing school work, both of my sons schools have already indicated it won't be as "fast and loose" as the spring when they were caught off guard. Currently both have full time school as the primary option, with full time work at home secondary, and hybrid as the last because there's more variables and harder to implement in their opinion.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
That's some weapons grade gas lighting right there...

'' We have always been at war with Eastasia".

Trump chose well...McEnany can lie nearly as often as Trump himself. Hopefully ...110 or so more shopping days until your boss is evicted and your looking for another job.
While looking like an airline stewardess from the sixties.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
It was reported that trump has privately stated that a payroll tax cut MUST be included for any new bail out package. Now why does Trump require a payroll tax cut - could it be personal need ?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It was reported that trump has privately stated that a payroll tax cut MUST be included for any new bail out package. Now why does Trump require a payroll tax cut - could it be personal need ?

He's just got to make it about him. Everything. People who are working decent jobs don't need tax cuts. It's just another ridiculous distraction.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
LAand San Diego have said no to school opening.
Orange county said yes to opening for school.
Pretty sure Gov. Newsom is going to tell OC to fuck off.

Reactions: uclaLabrat

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
LAand San Diego have said no to school opening.
Orange county said yes to opening for school.
Pretty sure Gov. Newsom is going to tell OC to fuck off.
This disturbs me. Anaheim, and Orange were about at least 65% Hispanic when I lived down there, I suspect Santa Ana was pretty much the same. This school guy looks milk toast white. I wonder what kind of power play is going on in the old OC.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Remember when "Alternative Facts" was literally the first catchphrase coined by this dumpster fire of an administration, when it wasn't even 24 fucking hours old? (That one came on one of the morning shows after the pathetic inauguration, when the crypt keeper decided to start challenging the photographic evidence of crowd sizes.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
This disturbs me. Anaheim, and Orange were about at least 65% Hispanic when I lived down there, I suspect Santa Ana was pretty much the same. This school guy looks milk toast white. I wonder what kind of power play is going on in the old OC.

Orange County is quite diverse-

Lots of people with Asian or Mexican ancestry, in particular. Still lots of Whites, too.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
Gov. of Georgia now suing the mayor of atlanta to shutdown atlanta requirement of masks.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
For the 4th time, I've had to revise my vote.

The thing is, it only goes up to 1,000,000, and I want to change my vote to 3 1/2 million.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Deaths rising, hospitals full in some big states, PPP has run dry, unemployment boost coming to an end, labor market in ruins, most schools won't be open for the fall, and a president who has failed to meet the crisis at every turn insisting everything is great.

Strange the entire country is getting pissed off...

Trump faces rising disapproval and widespread distrust on coronavirus, Post-ABC poll finds

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...aa9db2-c79d-11ea-a99f-3bbdffb1af38_story.html

Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 7.48.00 AM.png