How many Americans deaths will Trump be directly responsible for due to COVID-45

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

How many American will die due COVID-19 due to Trumps incompetence/indiference?

• 1,000,000+

Results are only viewable after voting.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Is Trump also responsible for the inadequate testing across Asia, Europe and pretty much the entire world at this point, and the international travel that’s continued unobstructed over the last few weeks? Please. The global response has been inadequate, because testing assumes that people with mild symptoms will make the effort to get tested.
Is Trump responsible for the slow response in this country?

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Now this dumb MF'er is saying that he has a "natural ability" and "I really like this stuff, I really get it" as he second guesses medical professionals. Says he has a "super genius uncle" that taught at MIT, so it's in his gene's. Of course I am stunned that he actually knows of genes. I bet Pence doesn't, who is a subscriber to intelligence design brand of stupidity.

I'll bet his base is eating this stuff up. I'm guessing he'll lose a big part if his base in Florida when the virus passes through because old folks.
... and claims CDC officials ask him how he knows so much about the coronavirus

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I'll bet his base is eating this stuff up. I'm guessing he'll lose a big part if his base in Florida when the virus passes through because old folks.

If that virus gets going in the long term care, nursing home facilities the death count will skyrocket as has been observed in Kirkland. Yea, Florida could be a problem.

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
Is our response measurably different than any other country? Your politicizing a pandemic. If anything, I think our government is not feeding the hysterics.

S Korea is testing 10k / day, Italy has quarantined a dozen towns, China quarantines an entire province. Yes, our response is very different. I don't care who is to blame, we can figure that out after the fact. We need to stop treating this like it doesn't matter. The absolutely pathetic amount of testing we have done is putting our healthcare workers and their families at risk.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Coronavirus is going to expose decades of Republican failed policies on health care. All the lies about "best healthcare system in the world." The lie that you can leave tens of millions of people uninsured and hope for a healthy society. Supreme court crooks and their allies at the state level gutting Medicaid expansion. Lawsuit to throw tens of millions off health insurance in the middle of a pandemic. Cutting services to the bone and failing to plan for outbreaks. All of it is going to hit the fan.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
One week ago on Feb 29 there were 70 US cases.

Today, 377.

That is over 5 times as many in just one week.

If it continues to multiply by a factor of 5 every week it won't take long to be a major epidemic.

377x5 = 1,885

1885 x 5 = 9,425

9,425 x 5 = 47,125

47,125 x 5 = 235,625

235,625 x 5 = 1,178,125‬

1,178,125‬ x 5 = 5,890,625‬

5,890,625‬ x 5 = 29,453,125

7 weeks until the end of April and the magical saving of the warmer weather Trump promised would stop this.

Hysterical maths are fun.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Well fuck. Now it's 400. From 377 to 400 in a single day/

Hmmm.

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Up to 10k is my vote. Trying to stay optimistic

I don't think that's realistic. If as few as 10% of the population catches it & it's 1% fatal, that's 330K people. It may be considerably worse than that. It seems likely that it will become part of the permanent epidemiological landscape, as well, like colds & influenza.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Now this dumb MF'er is saying that he has a "natural ability" and "I really like this stuff, I really get it" as he second guesses medical professionals. Says he has a "super genius uncle" that taught at MIT, so it's in his gene's. Of course I am stunned that he actually knows of genes. I bet Pence doesn't, who is a subscriber to intelligence design brand of stupidity.
Oh he knows the word “genes” but he has no concept of a double helix... His brain is so utterly fried... I think they prop him up on meth at his rallies, the rest you see is the remains..

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Is our response measurably different than any other country? Your politicizing a pandemic. If anything, I think our government is not feeding the hysterics.
Trump is politicizing an economy he didnt buld. And yea your response is VERY different... Turn on your TV and watch Trump. There. Done. Why are you still speaking?

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Trump is politicizing an economy he didnt buld. And yea your response is VERY different... Turn on your TV and watch Trump. There. Done. Why are you still speaking?

Thank you. Trump saying he wants the people to stay on the ship so the numbers look better is totally disconnected from reality & purely political. It's also astoundingly stupid. Cases & fatalities in US waters will obviously be counted as US cases. It can be no other way.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
In a non-Trump alternate reality, our President would have been able to say "Let me introduce Rear Adm. Timothy Ziemer from the National Security Council. He does great work & his team has been preparing for something like this for years. He'll head up the effort with my complete confidence & support. Please direct all your questions to him."

But this is Trump world where truth isn't truth & it's all about him like everything else. He's never been in a situation he couldn't bullshit his way out of until now. Coronavirus can't be convinced to believe him.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
So... the Spanish flu could be no more serious than the common cold too. Or it could kill you in 3 days. That's how many flu viruses work, and oddly enough, largely dependant on how human societies react to the infection. Downplaying the risk might be a smart political strategy, but it doesn't make the risk go away. It increases it. So I'm more inclined to listen to and take the advice of the medical professionals without the glaringly obvious political conflict of interest.

Starting (or adding to) a panic situation is a risk also. It’s a fine line to walk between not conveying the severity of the situation and urging people to take the appropriate steps, and causing stampedes. Unfortunately Trump is not the person who I’d want to have to figure out where that line is and walk it, but we have to play the cards we’re dealt.

Reactions: Mai72