How many Americans deaths will Trump be directly responsible for due to COVID-45

Page 86 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

How many American will die due COVID-19 due to Trumps incompetence/indiference?

• 1,000,000+

Results are only viewable after voting.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Hey, we just passed China about 5 minutes ago. We now have the highest number of cases in the world. We're number 1!

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Elmhurst Hospital had 13 COVID-19 deaths yesterday. It was reported some passed away without ever being admitted because of lack of beds. I saw a report on TV that some guy with virus systems had been to the that hospital three days in a row, waited many hours each day, and still hasn't been able to get a test.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
This could be another thread, but here's the question.

If Trump is defeated or the GOP loses the Senate, then we must have him put on trial, or impeached, removed from office and put on trial.

Given the evidence we have so far -- not all of it meeting reasonable doubt standards but certainly meeting scientific standards and prompting more investigation -- there should likely be several charges. These should probably include more illegality suggested by the Mueller Report and buttressed by additional evidence.

There will likely be charges brought for tax fraud.

There will be charges for obstruction of justice.

There could likely be charges related to the Ukraine back-channel and coverup -- more obstruction of justice.

There will be charges for felony FEC violations related to the Stormy Daniels coverup.

Possible charges for money-laundering. I don't think I've run out of items I remember for the last three years of this disaster-president, and I might not have it all correct, but the sonofabitch deserves to serve time -- I don't care how many of the electorate think he's the best thing since white bread.

Trump was warned by intelligence experts in January about a potential pandemic, but did nothing. His team mismanaged the repatriation of cruise-ship passengers when they were processed at Travis AFB and March ARB. He had disbanded the response team that Obama had set up for the Ebola crisis.

Are these things criminal? Could a criminal case be made for his irresponsibility? He's cost us a likely $2 Trillion to which we add all the other costs up to this point. He's so far contributed to the deaths of 1,100 Americans, as of today, given the logic that his decisions or lack thereof would've made a difference early in the year.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Oh cool the people that are telling us that Medicare for all is a political impossibility are now fantasizing about prosecuting a president.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
Of course in US as of March 26 2020 test kits are extremely scarce and there is a huge backlog on obtaining test results so we can assume this data is is an extreme lower bound. For other countries - well some have plenty of test kits and others are less likely to report accurate data though no one knows for sure...

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
While Trump is responsible for those he hire and he has indeed hired some of the least qualified people one could find (it appears the only true criteria for joining team Trump is absolute loyalty) he was not happy about how the cruise ship was handled so i'll give him a pass on that screw up. Still if we had had test kits in abundance by mid feb we probably could have saved 2 trillion dollars this week.

His team mismanaged the repatriation of cruise-ship passengers when they were processed at Travis AFB and March ARB.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
This could be another thread, but here's the question.

If Trump is defeated or the GOP loses the Senate, then we must have him put on trial, or impeached, removed from office and put on trial.

Given the evidence we have so far -- not all of it meeting reasonable doubt standards but certainly meeting scientific standards and prompting more investigation -- there should likely be several charges. These should probably include more illegality suggested by the Mueller Report and buttressed by additional evidence.

There will likely be charges brought for tax fraud.

There will be charges for obstruction of justice.

There could likely be charges related to the Ukraine back-channel and coverup -- more obstruction of justice.

There will be charges for felony FEC violations related to the Stormy Daniels coverup.

Possible charges for money-laundering. I don't think I've run out of items I remember for the last three years of this disaster-president, and I might not have it all correct, but the sonofabitch deserves to serve time -- I don't care how many of the electorate think he's the best thing since white bread.

Trump was warned by intelligence experts in January about a potential pandemic, but did nothing. His team mismanaged the repatriation of cruise-ship passengers when they were processed at Travis AFB and March ARB. He had disbanded the response team that Obama had set up for the Ebola crisis.

Are these things criminal? Could a criminal case be made for his irresponsibility? He's cost us a likely $2 Trillion to which we add all the other costs up to this point. He's so far contributed to the deaths of 1,100 Americans, as of today, given the logic that his decisions or lack thereof would've made a difference early in the year.

After Trump leaves office, they will find copious evidence not only proving crimes we already know about, but crimes we also so far have no idea about. There will be plenty more there hidden on those codeword servers.

So far as him ever being prosecuted, I'll believe that when I see it.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Many, including some democrats and left wing, are saying this is not the time to criticize Donald Trump or to criticize his handling of the pandemic. I say, this is EXACTLY the right time.
If the citizens fail to call Trump out on a daily basis, fail to check Trump at every turn, fail to question every action and reaction from Donald Trump then the insanity and denial from Donald Trump would have no limits.
Trump would and probably will in the near future compare Americans returning to work and their risk of exposure to the risk of getting in a car wreck on the way to work.
We think the leadership is bad now, we haven't seen anything yet. And all the while, Mike Pence standing behind the president on camera nodding his head in agreement with every insane word and insane comment out of Donald Trump's mouth.
A MIRACLE if America survives this. A MIRACLE !!!!!!

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
The fear is that he will scrub everything when he leaves office. While this might remove a lot of evidence it will also leave the new administration blind as to what foreign deals are in play.

After Trump leaves office, they will find copious evidence not only proving crimes we already know about, but crimes we also so far have no idea about. There will be plenty more there hidden on those codeword servers.

So far as him ever being prosecuted, I'll believe that when I see it.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I'm hoping his disloyal servants are stockpiling evidence so they have stuff to release the day he leaves office. With the amount of leaks up to this point I suspect most of his people do not like him but are afraid of his wrath.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I'm hoping his disloyal servants are stockpiling evidence so they have stuff to release the day he leaves office. With the amount of leaks up to this point I suspect most of his people do not like him but are afraid of his wrath.

oh, you must mean the deep state department.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
This has not only been a record day for new cases and deaths in the U.S. as we've had for 6 straight days now, for new cases we went WAY up from yesterday, by a much larger increment than previous days. +13,355 yesterday, +16,991 so far today. That is worrying. If the curve doesn't flatten soon, things are going to get ugly.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
This has not only been a record day for new cases and deaths in the U.S. as we've had for 6 straight days now, for new cases we went WAY up from yesterday, by a much larger increment than previous days. +13,355 yesterday, +16,991 so far today. That is worrying. If the curve doesn't flatten soon, things are going to get ugly.
Unfortunately, with new outbreaks popping up across the country, I expect thing will get much worse.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Its going to get very very very ugly, amazing ugly, we haven't seen so much ugliness before. You are going to see so much ugliness you will turn to stone.