How many Americans deaths will Trump be directly responsible for due to COVID-45

Page 85 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

How many American will die due COVID-19 due to Trumps incompetence/indiference?

• 1,000,000+

Results are only viewable after voting.

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
Well, at least someone is thinking. Washington Post: "NPR member station wisely bails on live coronavirus briefings"

Let's hope other news stations and networks follow suit. If no one can or will impeach or remove Trump, at least marginalize him.

Just stop airing his statements, stop asking him questions to which he has no sensible answers, and stop giving him a platform to reach out to people beyond dedicated Fox News viewers. Cut him off the way you should cut off a bad investment or a telemarketer. Continuing to "fluff" him in hopes that he won’t have a temper tantrum is like feeding a five year old candy to prevent a meltdown. This isn’t hyperbole; he literally talks, acts, like a petulant child, and we collectively need to start treating him in the same fashion.

My local TV station here in New Hampshire refused to air this BS, they threw it on their sub-channel.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
You just took second place

Odds are that you warp speed past China by the end of tomorrow.

The real answer is to go to church on Easter & pray for the rapture to come.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
You just took second place

Odds are that you warp speed past China by the end of tomorrow.

Nope. Italy's numbers hadn't come in for the day yet. We're still in third. For at least another 6-8 hours.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
National Security Council gave Trump a 69-page pandemic plan three years ago — he ignored it

On Wednesday, Politico reported the details of a 69-page pandemic response playbook given to President Donald Trump’s team by the National Security Council, outlining key steps the federal government should take to coordinate a response and contain the crisis — and revealed how the White House was catastrophically late to implement the plan’s major suggestions at the start of the coronavirus pandemic.

“The Trump administration, state officials and even individual hospital workers are now racing against each other to get the necessary masks, gloves and other safety equipment to fight coronavirus — a scramble that hospitals and doctors say has come too late and left them at risk,” wrote Dan Diamond and Nahal Toolsi. “But according to a previously unrevealed White House playbook, the government should’ve begun a federal-wide effort to procure that personal protective equipment at least two months ago.”

full report from Raw Story

View attachment 18653

"huhwhatidon'tknow.... but Obama..... Obama? O B A M A."

It's painfully clear, no matter how many glassy eyed Trump lovers and trolls want to deflect, Trump has failed in his duty to serve, protect and defend the nation.
69 pages? Trump doesn't have the mental capacity or attention span to read 69 words, and all but two of them being single syllable words.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Objecting to a provision in the Senate coronavirus bill providing unemployment benefits for people in financial trouble, Sen. Lindsey Graham says nurses are "going to make $24 an hour on unemployment" which he claims would incentivize "taking people out of the workforce."

Just when I thought these people could get any lower. I heard that three senators were going to oppose the bill because it "incentived people to be unemployed." As if nurses ,of all people, would rather be unemployed than work. Fuck off Lindsey!

He's worried that nurses will make too much on unemployment, like when they get laid off during the course of this virus? Is this guy an idiot?

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
He's worried that nurses will make too much on unemployment, like when they get laid off during the course of this virus? Is this guy an idiot?

Yes, were you not aware he has been an idiot since he locked his lips on Trumps asshole?

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
So what now, everytime we air political ads with the orange menace telling lies,
its going to be under the threat of a lawsuit?

Trump's campaign is trying to remove a video of him appearing to call the coronavirus a 'hoax,' saying it's misleading

I mean FFS, there's not enough time in the ad to air the whole several conversations he having with the press.
He said it, its true. Fuck these crybabies.
It's war assholes.

Here's another one from the same group. These videos have been airing on my local cable channels. Their youtube channel is here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS6scxofr3K4j5q7hn6xQmQ

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
National Security Council gave Trump a 69-page pandemic plan three years ago — he ignored it

On Wednesday, Politico reported the details of a 69-page pandemic response playbook given to President Donald Trump’s team by the National Security Council, outlining key steps the federal government should take to coordinate a response and contain the crisis — and revealed how the White House was catastrophically late to implement the plan’s major suggestions at the start of the coronavirus pandemic.

“The Trump administration, state officials and even individual hospital workers are now racing against each other to get the necessary masks, gloves and other safety equipment to fight coronavirus — a scramble that hospitals and doctors say has come too late and left them at risk,” wrote Dan Diamond and Nahal Toolsi. “But according to a previously unrevealed White House playbook, the government should’ve begun a federal-wide effort to procure that personal protective equipment at least two months ago.”

full report from Raw Story

View attachment 18653

"huhwhatidon'tknow.... but Obama..... Obama? O B A M A."

It's painfully clear, no matter how many glassy eyed Trump lovers and trolls want to deflect, Trump has failed in his duty to serve, protect and defend the nation.

There was also a pandemic exercise during the transition from Obama to Trump. Few of Trump's original admin are still there.

But roughly two-thirds of the Trump representatives in that room are no longer serving in the administration. That extraordinary turnover in the months and years that followed is likely one reason his administration has struggled to handle the very real pandemic it faces now, former Obama administration officials said.

“The advantage we had under Obama was that during the first four years we had the same White House staff, the same Cabinet,” said former deputy labor secretary Chris Lu, who attended the gathering. “Just having the continuity makes all the difference in the world.”

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
WOW! proof you are just blowing orange bullshit.
What makes it even more laughable, is he is trying to criticize Obama, all while ignoring one HUGE fact, that Obama had only been in office for 3 months... NOT 3 years like the orange idiot we have now. With only 3 months under his belt, Obama did 1000X better, and was able to keep the nation calm.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I wish a reporter would just ask Trump "Do you have a fucking plan?, What is it and how is it being implemented?"

"I've got a great plan, a really good. It's probably the best plan and you might be surprised, but some very smart people--which I am one, my uncle, very smart like him--have a great plan. You will be so surprised.

But we can't talk about the plan, because then the coronavirus will know about the plan. Only democrats let their enemies know about the plan. This is why they keep losing wars. why Afghanistan and Iraq, why ISIS and terrorism are so strong now. Because Obama and HIllary founded them and failed the American people, why Americans die, because they tell everyone their plans. We won't let the virus know the plan, because that's not how you fight wars"

---crazy how that expected statement is far more likely than not, right?

We'll pass China today. Based on previous trends I expect we'll have 14-15K new cases today which will put us past China.

Not a race I wanted to win.

Republicans never can stand it when we aren't "#1!" So I'm pretty sure they're cheering it on right now. It's the only rational reasoning for defending Trump's handling of the situation so far--they literally want us to have the most deaths than anyone. That's all Trump is accomplishing.

but hey--at least he can finally have the "most" of something for the first time in his life, so there's that.

Last edited:

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
as of right now, we are 800 cases behind Italy per Johns Hopkins:

I suspect we will also see a huge increase of deaths over the next week, closing that gap as well.

Worldmeter has us past them now, by 300:

Of course, as fast as the numbers are changing, in an hour, all I said above will be out dated.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Today, both Italy and the US will surpass China with the US in 1st and Italy in 2nd.

This is like Ford vs Ferrari.

WINNING!!!