How many Americans deaths will Trump be directly responsible for due to COVID-45

Page 84 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

How many American will die due COVID-19 due to Trumps incompetence/indiference?

• 1,000,000+

Results are only viewable after voting.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Objecting to a provision in the Senate coronavirus bill providing unemployment benefits for people in financial trouble, Sen. Lindsey Graham says nurses are "going to make $24 an hour on unemployment" which he claims would incentivize "taking people out of the workforce."

Just when I thought these people could get any lower. I heard that three senators were going to oppose the bill because it "incentived people to be unemployed." As if nurses ,of all people, would rather be unemployed than work. Fuck off Lindsey!
Saying "Republican piece of shit" has now become redundant.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Well, at least someone is thinking. Washington Post: "NPR member station wisely bails on live coronavirus briefings"

Let's hope other news stations and networks follow suit. If no one can or will impeach or remove Trump, at least marginalize him.

Just stop airing his statements, stop asking him questions to which he has no sensible answers, and stop giving him a platform to reach out to people beyond dedicated Fox News viewers. Cut him off the way you should cut off a bad investment or a telemarketer. Continuing to "fluff" him in hopes that he won’t have a temper tantrum is like feeding a five year old candy to prevent a meltdown. This isn’t hyperbole; he literally talks, acts, like a petulant child, and we collectively need to start treating him in the same fashion.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Well, at least someone is thinking. Washington Post: "NPR member station wisely bails on live coronavirus briefings"

Let's hope other news stations and networks follow suit. If no one can or will impeach or remove Trump, at least marginalize him.

Just stop airing his statements, stop asking him questions to which he has no sensible answers, and stop giving him a platform to reach out to people beyond dedicated Fox News viewers. Cut him off the way you should cut off a bad investment or a telemarketer. Continuing to "fluff" him in hopes that he won’t have a temper tantrum is like feeding a five year old candy to prevent a meltdown. This isn’t hyperbole; he literally talks, acts, like a petulant child, and we collectively need to start treating him in the same fashion.
Like the idea but we need to hear from Dr. Fauci. Could reporters just stop asking Trump questions and go straight to Uncle Tony?

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Like the idea but we need to hear from Dr. Fauci. Could reporters just stop asking Trump questions and go straight to Uncle Tony?
I wish a reporter would just ask Trump "Do you have a fucking plan?, What is it and how is it being implemented?"

Atari2600

Golden Member
Nov 22, 2016
Look at your numbers. That means swine flu only had a fatality rate of about ~0.02%. I don't know or can't remember what they did, but obviously the response is going to be different when it's not even higher than seasonal influenzas. A quick glance shows it's all BS. In fact, I'm seeing stuff suggesting he did too much.

His assessment on the nation’s response is incorrect. The Obama administration issued two emergency declarations*, triggering billions of dollars in spending toward vaccines and other public health response measures.

*Starting when there was only twenty cases.

Soundly disagree with the author of that link.

The author deemed it political as it was in his own opinion, then political.

Any action a president takes makes things political. Can't be helped.

So better to make the safe call and err on side of caution.

Declaring an emergency could have sunk the markets - how would that have looked for re-election in said author's eyes?

Atari2600

Golden Member
Nov 22, 2016
Objecting to a provision in the Senate coronavirus bill providing unemployment benefits for people in financial trouble, Sen. Lindsey Graham says nurses are "going to make $24 an hour on unemployment" which he claims would incentivize "taking people out of the workforce."

Just when I thought these people could get any lower. I heard that three senators were going to oppose the bill because it "incentived people to be unemployed." As if nurses ,of all people, would rather be unemployed than work. Fuck off Lindsey!

I always thought he was an asshole.

But that is a whole new level of pond scum.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Saw this and couldn't approve more, Fauci's new mask that could save thousands!

2ys5gdh2cvo41.png

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
After Atreus21 taps out who will be the next intellectually dishonest Conservative to show up?

Please don't call those people Conservatives, they are no more conservative than you or I. What they are is rabid partisans, my party is always correct types.

Atari2600

Golden Member
Nov 22, 2016
Here are the numbers from Nevada through yesterday. Man, this thing is really losing steam. Gonna be able to reopen any day now, WELL before Easter.

"Its going to magically disappear any day now..."

tick tock tick tock

"yep, any day now...." *looks at clock again*

"Here Mike, this is my watch not working, its still here"

"Oh Great, Wise & Divine leader, your watch is the best watch ever, its all ours that aren't working. The peasants aren't praying hard enough for it to go away, its not your responsibility to make them pray harder."

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
You know what would make this all go away? A few dozen Trump rallies.

Don't forget to tailgate guys.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
National Security Council gave Trump a 69-page pandemic plan three years ago — he ignored it

On Wednesday, Politico reported the details of a 69-page pandemic response playbook given to President Donald Trump’s team by the National Security Council, outlining key steps the federal government should take to coordinate a response and contain the crisis — and revealed how the White House was catastrophically late to implement the plan’s major suggestions at the start of the coronavirus pandemic.

“The Trump administration, state officials and even individual hospital workers are now racing against each other to get the necessary masks, gloves and other safety equipment to fight coronavirus — a scramble that hospitals and doctors say has come too late and left them at risk,” wrote Dan Diamond and Nahal Toolsi. “But according to a previously unrevealed White House playbook, the government should’ve begun a federal-wide effort to procure that personal protective equipment at least two months ago.”

full report from Raw Story

View attachment 18653

"huhwhatidon'tknow.... but Obama..... Obama? O B A M A."

It's painfully clear, no matter how many glassy eyed Trump lovers and trolls want to deflect, Trump has failed in his duty to serve, protect and defend the nation.

Called it, he pulled a damn Dubya.

'You covered your ass, thanks, bye' *tosses papers to aid for shredding*

As long as they get elected repugs will continue to fuck over America like this.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
within the next day or two, the US is going to surpass Italy and China to become the most infected nation in the world with the most Covid-19 cases.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Atreus 21's question is fundamentally dishonest. "Is Obama responsible for 10K swine flu deaths?" The truth is that Obama is responsible for doing what he could to keep the toll as low as it was. Obama was also responsible for making a pandemic response team part of the NSC who Trump ignored & then disbanded. Broken system? Who broke it?

Reactions: zinfamous

Gabe323

Apr 29, 2002
within the next day or two, the US is going to surpass Italy and China to become the most infected nation in the world with the most Covid-19 cases.
Just more tests to run! He loves our test numbers! Nobody can beat our test numbers!

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
You just took second place

Odds are that you warp speed past China by the end of tomorrow.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
We'll pass China today. Based on previous trends I expect we'll have 14-15K new cases today which will put us past China.

Not a race I wanted to win.

Reactions: DarthKyrie