How many Americans deaths will Trump be directly responsible for due to COVID-45

Page 83 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

How many American will die due COVID-19 due to Trumps incompetence/indiference?

• 1,000,000+

Results are only viewable after voting.

abj13

Golden Member
Jan 27, 2005
Here's a thought experiment.

Why does Atreus21 complain about what happened during the 2009 pH1N1 pandemic under Obama, but not laud Obama's efforts during the 2014 Ebola epidemic?

Why does Atreus21 state that the only thing he knows about the response to the 2009 pH1N1 pandemic was a declaration in October 2009, but then purposely claims ignorance towards events set in place by the Obama Administration in April 2009?

Hmmmmmm......

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I did. I don't know how Obama oversaw it. I just know that he did oversee it. Now answer mine.

Well if you don’t know what he did then I can’t answer your question as I would need to know what happened to know if it was blameworthy.

You on the other hand decided Trump was being held to an unfair standard vis a vis Obama without even knowing what happened. Do you seriously not see that you did exactly the thing you’re accusing others of?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Here's a thought experiment.

Why does Atreus21 complain about what happened during the 2009 pH1N1 pandemic under Obama, but not laud Obama's efforts during the 2014 Ebola epidemic?

Why does Atreus21 state that the only thing he knows about the response to the 2009 pH1N1 pandemic was a declaration in October 2009, but then purposely claims ignorance towards events set in place by the Obama Administration in April 2009?

Hmmmmmm......
I mean we both know the answer - partisanship. People are attacking Trump’s incompetence so it must be an unfair double standard. Actually checking if it IS an unfair double standard is apparently unnecessary.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

abj13

Golden Member
Jan 27, 2005
I mean we both know the answer - partisanship. People are attacking Trump’s incompetence so it must be an unfair double standard. Actually checking if it IS an unfair double standard is apparently unnecessary.
Wait, people actually need to do research to understand a situation in order to invoke the usage of "Buttt Obama?" Shocked I must say. Shocked!

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Well if you don’t know what he did then I can’t answer your question as I would need to know what happened to know if it was blameworthy.

You on the other hand decided Trump was being held to an unfair standard vis a vis Obama without even knowing what happened. Do you seriously not see that you did exactly the thing you’re accusing others of?

This is some truly boss-level evasion.

President Obama handles Crisis A with process A yielding result A. You have no opinion on the competence of how it was handled.

President Trump handles Crisis A with process A yielding result A. Would you still have no opinion?

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
National Security Council gave Trump a 69-page pandemic plan three years ago — he ignored it

On Wednesday, Politico reported the details of a 69-page pandemic response playbook given to President Donald Trump’s team by the National Security Council, outlining key steps the federal government should take to coordinate a response and contain the crisis — and revealed how the White House was catastrophically late to implement the plan’s major suggestions at the start of the coronavirus pandemic.

“The Trump administration, state officials and even individual hospital workers are now racing against each other to get the necessary masks, gloves and other safety equipment to fight coronavirus — a scramble that hospitals and doctors say has come too late and left them at risk,” wrote Dan Diamond and Nahal Toolsi. “But according to a previously unrevealed White House playbook, the government should’ve begun a federal-wide effort to procure that personal protective equipment at least two months ago.”

full report from Raw Story

h-UTm72bEF5PXiRaD9SOQ1W1Pa24mavtgTWTPYjdKDE.gif

"huhwhatidon'tknow.... but Obama..... Obama? O B A M A."

It's painfully clear, no matter how many glassy eyed Trump lovers and trolls want to deflect, Trump has failed in his duty to serve, protect and defend the nation.

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
This is some truly boss-level evasion.

President Obama handles Crisis A with process A yielding result A. You have no opinion on the competence of how it was handled.

President Trump handles Crisis A with process A yielding result A. Would you still have no opinion?

Yes.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Finally, amendments out of the way, final voting in the Senate on the Coronavirus Response is in progress.

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
10,000 dead and 60 million infected and you have no position. Yet under Trump so far we're at a fraction of those numbers and he's completely incompetent. If Trump had overseen swine flu like Obama had, would you still have no position?

Look at your numbers. That means swine flu only had a fatality rate of about ~0.02%. I don't know or can't remember what they did, but obviously the response is going to be different when it's not even higher than seasonal influenzas. A quick glance shows it's all BS. In fact, I'm seeing stuff suggesting he did too much.

His assessment on the nation’s response is incorrect. The Obama administration issued two emergency declarations*, triggering billions of dollars in spending toward vaccines and other public health response measures.

*Starting when there was only twenty cases.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Finally, amendments out of the way, final voting in the Senate on the Coronavirus Response is in progress.
Not going to watch CPAN2 anymore, so far, 95 to 0 for. On to the HOR, hopefully, Pelosi et al surrogates, got stuff they wanted in the bill and it should go through. Then, I guess it's back to the Senate if HOR approves.

Reactions: pcgeek11

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
National Security Council gave Trump a 69-page pandemic plan three years ago — he ignored it

On Wednesday, Politico reported the details of a 69-page pandemic response playbook given to President Donald Trump’s team by the National Security Council, outlining key steps the federal government should take to coordinate a response and contain the crisis — and revealed how the White House was catastrophically late to implement the plan’s major suggestions at the start of the coronavirus pandemic.

“The Trump administration, state officials and even individual hospital workers are now racing against each other to get the necessary masks, gloves and other safety equipment to fight coronavirus — a scramble that hospitals and doctors say has come too late and left them at risk,” wrote Dan Diamond and Nahal Toolsi. “But according to a previously unrevealed White House playbook, the government should’ve begun a federal-wide effort to procure that personal protective equipment at least two months ago.”

full report from Raw Story

View attachment 18653

"huhwhatidon'tknow.... but Obama..... Obama? O B A M A."

It's painfully clear, no matter how many glassy eyed Trump lovers and trolls want to deflect, Trump has failed in his duty to serve, protect and defend the nation.

He also failed to attend all those briefings a president is supposed to get between election and inauguration. None of this is a surprise. Its obvious and the situation was inevitable.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
10,000 dead and 60 million infected and you have no position. Yet under Trump so far we're at a fraction of those numbers and he's completely incompetent. If Trump had overseen swine flu like Obama had, would you still have no position?
Nice comparison with something that happened in the past with something just getting started.

Sometimes dishonesty knows no bounds.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
So what now, everytime we air political ads with the orange menace telling lies,
its going to be under the threat of a lawsuit?

Trump's campaign is trying to remove a video of him appearing to call the coronavirus a 'hoax,' saying it's misleading

I mean FFS, there's not enough time in the ad to air the whole several conversations he having with the press.
He said it, its true. Fuck these crybabies.
It's war assholes.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
So what now, everytime we air political ads with the orange menace telling lies,
its going to be under the threat of a lawsuit?

Trump's campaign is trying to remove a video of him appearing to call the coronavirus a 'hoax,' saying it's misleading

I mean FFS, there's not enough time in the ad to air the whole several conversations he having with the press.
He said it, its true. Fuck these crybabies.
It's war assholes.

I mean, yeah, I'm pretty sure he (his surrogate) will certainly sue over attack ads. That's who Trump is.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Objecting to a provision in the Senate coronavirus bill providing unemployment benefits for people in financial trouble, Sen. Lindsey Graham says nurses are "going to make $24 an hour on unemployment" which he claims would incentivize "taking people out of the workforce."

Just when I thought these people could get any lower. I heard that three senators were going to oppose the bill because it "incentived people to be unemployed." As if nurses ,of all people, would rather be unemployed than work. Fuck off Lindsey!

• Wow
Reactions: DarthKyrie