How many Americans deaths will Trump be directly responsible for due to COVID-45

Page 82 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

How many American will die due COVID-19 due to Trumps incompetence/indiference?

• 1,000,000+

Results are only viewable after voting.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I didn't make an opinion. I asked if Obama was as responsible for the death toll from swine flu as Trump is for C19.

That doesn't strike me as a question that merits all these gymnastics.

I heartily agree! All I need to know to answer that question are the bad actions Obama took! We know Trump’s bad actions make him responsible for deaths but we don’t know if Obama did similar things, that’s what I keep asking you for!

Strange how you’re desperately avoiding telling me what they are. Why is that?

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
I heartily agree! All I need to know to answer that question are the bad actions Obama took!

Or didn't take, correct?

We know Trump’s bad actions make him responsible for deaths but we don’t know if Obama did similar things, that’s what I keep asking you for!

Strange how you’re desperately avoiding telling me what they are. Why is that?

Well, to be honest I don't know what Obama did beyond calling a national emergency in October 2009, five months into the crisis. Can you name what else he did?

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
I didn't make an opinion. I asked if Obama was as responsible for the death toll from swine flu as Trump is for C19.

Trump is responsible because of the many things he has done wrong. Those things have been listed for you, repeatedly. Obama would be responsible if he did similar things wrong. Why you are having such a hard time with this is a mystery.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Or didn't take, correct?

Well, to be honest I don't know what Obama did beyond calling a national emergency in October 2009, five months into the crisis. Can you name what else he did?

So in other words you decided people were employing a double standard between Trump and Obama without even knowing what Obama did. Surely you see the irony here? Haha.

As for what Obama did or didn’t do that’s up to you to come up with. After all, you’re the one arguing there’s a double standard.

Reactions: Thump553

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Or didn't take, correct?

Obama’s acting director of health and human services declared H1N1 a public health emergency on April 26, 2009.

That was when only 20 cases of H1N1 — and no deaths — around the country had been confirmed.

Two days later, the administration made an initial funding request for H1N1 to Congress. Eventually $7.65 billion was allocated for a vaccine and other measures.

H1N1 was declared a pandemic by the World Health Organization on June 11, 2009.

In other words, the Obama administration’s public health emergency declaration came more than six weeks before the pandemic designation.

Now you're going to quibble about "national emergency" and "public health emergency".

abj13

Golden Member
Jan 27, 2005

If there was further evidence of how much a troll you are, this is it. Not only are you purposely repeating false information put out there by partisan hacks, it takes very little effort to find what Obama mobilized in April 2009

Not only did he tell the threat was real and serious, he asked for emergency funding, offered considerations towards closing schools and formulating contingency plans, and declared a public health emergency when the first 20 cases were detected.

Don't bother posting if you are going to continue to be a lazy and intellectually dishonest.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Trump is responsible because of the many things he has done wrong. Those things have been listed for you, repeatedly. Obama would be responsible if he did similar things wrong. Why you are having such a hard time with this is a mystery.

Tomorrow's a brand new day. Trump will be back to dunk on his supporters, like Atreus, all over again. And they'll love him for it.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
So in other words you decided people were employing a double standard between Trump and Obama without even knowing what Obama did. Surely you see the irony here? Haha.

As for what Obama did or didn’t do that’s up to you to come up with. After all, you’re the one arguing there’s a double standard.

But you don't know what Obama did either, and therefore his response was competent? Despite the death toll?

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
If there was further evidence of how much a troll you are, this is it. Not only are you purposely repeating false information put out there by partisan hacks, it takes very little effort to find what Obama mobilized in April 2009

Not only did he tell the threat was real and serious, he asked for emergency funding, offered considerations towards closing schools and formulating contingency plans, and declared a public health emergency when the first 20 cases were detected.

Don't bother posting if you are going to continue to be a lazy and intellectually dishonest.

He's about to pull a "who me" and quibble.

Feb 16, 2005

Go find out how many times Obama lied about the response, what his actions were in the timeline and then compare that to trump.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007

That's great. I never alleged he was incompetent.

• Haha
Reactions: JSt0rm and ch33zw1z

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
But you don't know what Obama did either, and therefore his response was competent? Despite the death toll?

For about the twentieth time I have no position on whether it was competent or not, which is why I have repeatedly asked you for information on it so I could answer your question. When will you be providing it?

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
For about the twentieth time I have no position on whether it was competent or not, which is why I have repeatedly asked you for information on it so I could answer your question. When will you be providing it?

10,000 dead and 60 million infected and you have no position. Yet under Trump so far we're at a fraction of those numbers and he's completely incompetent. If Trump had overseen swine flu like Obama had, would you still have no position?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
10,000 dead and 60 million infected and you have no position. Yet under Trump so far we're at a fraction of those numbers and he's completely incompetent. If Trump had overseen swine flu like Obama had, would you still have no position?

How did Obama oversee it, specifically? What did he do that you think was wrong?

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
How did Obama oversee it, specifically? What did he do that you think was wrong?

I don't know. But however he did, if Trump had somehow been president in 2009 and done the exact same thing, would you still have no opinion?