How many Americans deaths will Trump be directly responsible for due to COVID-45

Page 20 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

How many American will die due COVID-19 due to Trumps incompetence/indiference?

• 1,000,000+

Results are only viewable after voting.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The world is doing a bad job. You’re so fixated on blaming Trump, you’ve ignored everything else.

Take the New Rochelle cluster. One attorney was at the heart of it. He had no direct contact to any hot spot. Developed symptoms but not enough to stop his daily routine, and rapidly spread it in his immediate community through communal gatherings.

The Washington state elderly care facility got hit due to a party.

You’re so fixated on testing, when testing assumes people will go to get tested when experiencing mild symptoms. If anything, more extensive testing would probably stop the hysterics, because the mortality rate will go way down once we know how many people actually have it.

I suspect this is just like the other threads where you will keep repeating yourself forever as opposed to changing your mind to fit the facts. This much was obvious when you said it was spreading at the same rate as in other countries while also admitting we have no idea as to the rate it is spreading.

The US response is very bad, marked by incompetence, lies, and deliberate misinformation. If you want to deny reality so you can do some sort of global #bothsides then knock yourself out.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
As I have said repeatedly, and numerous news agencies are reporting, there is a debate between Trump and the CDC on balancing protocols with panic.

What didn’t?

Better at what? We’ve been told repeatedly that our health care system is inferior to most of the western world. The rest of the western world is weathering this no better than us.

Dr. Fauci made a public statement saying otherwise

There have also been wildly inconsistent projections on mortality rate as demographic data comes in for Wuhan and other places, not to mention that testing assumes people go to get tested, which is not happening for people only exhibiting minor symptoms. There was initial optimism that this thing was simply a bad flu. Go to any pharmacy or big box store. People are panic buying. Imagine what will happen if there is something to panic about.

You’re Monday morning quarterbacking and politicizing a pandemic. Pathetic.

Despite all of your counter points, you have yet to explain why its still spreading in other parts of the world. This is a global pandemic. As always, you’re solely fixated on Trump. Hence, TDS
Since the 1st documented case was in China I would have expected spread in those areas because they were first. Once the spread started in China we should have learned from what already happened and take action we did not. Here is a story that broke yesterday from one of the early outbreak areas in the US. Seattle tried early on to test but was blocked by the federal government. Eventually they tested without an ok from the Fed. Results came back positive but by then it was too late.

BTW - You still have not answered the question about Trump outright lying in real time in the same room as Dr, Fauci. Why when pointing out Trump is continuing to lie this time about life and death that is politicizing? It's just like the old tired canard pointing out racism makes you the real racist.

BTW - You also have not answered since we already knew what was going on in China what accounts for our delay in ramping up production of testing kits?

Why are you willing to accept Trump lying right to your face?

These 3 in particular were known by government scientists to be false yet Trump proclaimed them anyway. Why is that kind of lying from a President acceptable to you?

He said a vaccine will be ready in just a few months. It won’t. (In the same room as Dr. Fauci)
He said the number of Americans afflicted is going down. It isn’t.
He said anyone who needs a test can get one. They can’t.

COVID-19 hitting our shores is not the issue. It would have happened even if we did everything right. The issues are the outright lying to the public and delays taking action especially in developing test kits. The so called greatest country on earth being outperformed in testing and test kits by South Korea and the virus hit them far earlier then us. However that is now acceptable to you. Proper and timely action would have helped mitigate the spread.

However I'm sure your standards will shift back to normal once Trump is out of office.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarthKyrie

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Since the 1st documented case was in China I would have expected spread in those areas because they were first. Once the spread started in China we should have learned from what already happened and take action we did not.

BTW - You still have not answered the question about Trump outright lying in real time in the same room as Dr, Fauci. Why when pointing out Trump is continuing to lie this time about life and death that is politicizing? It's just like the old tired canard pointing out racism makes you the real racist.

Why are you willing to accept Trump lying right to your face?

These 3 in particular were known by government scientists to be false yet Trump proclaimed them anyway. Why is that kind of lying from a President acceptable to you?

He said a vaccine will be ready in just a few months. It won’t. (In the same room as Dr. Fauci)
He said the number of Americans afflicted is going down. It isn’t.
He said anyone who needs a test can get one. They can’t.

However I'm sure your standards will shift back to normal once Trump is out of office. Pathetic
You didn’t respond to my point about our response relative to global examples. TDS Monday morning quarterback. Pathetic.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
I suspect this is just like the other threads where you will keep repeating yourself forever as opposed to changing your mind to fit the facts. This much was obvious when you said it was spreading at the same rate as in other countries while also admitting we have no idea as to the rate it is spreading.

The US response is very bad, marked by incompetence, lies, and deliberate misinformation. If you want to deny reality so you can do some sort of global #bothsides then knock yourself out.
You haven’t addressed every example I’ve provided that breaks your narrative.

If you want to Monday morning quarterback a global pandemic with TDS, knock yourself out.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
You haven’t addressed every example I’ve provided that breaks your narrative.

If you want to Monday morning quarterback a global pandemic with TDS, knock yourself out.
No example breaks my narrative because the question isn’t if any other nation also handled it badly but if we are handling it badly, and we are.

You are accusing everyone else of being irrationally biased because that’s all you have. You already outed that your opinion isn’t based in facts when you claimed US infection trajectory was similar to other countries when we have no idea of what our infection rate is and the death toll indicates total infections are much higher.

If you want to convince yourself that all these facts are really just deranged liberals being mean then go ahead. I know you’re not amenable to rational argument when you get your back up like this so that’s the end of the discussion from me.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
In the following short story the role of Sean Hannity is played by @Starbuck1975 . How long before Trump fires him?
Dr. Fauci Schools Hannity on Dangers of Coronavirus

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
No example breaks my narrative because the question isn’t if any other nation also handled it badly but if we are handling it badly, and we are.

You are accusing everyone else of being irrationally biased because that’s all you have. You already outed that your opinion isn’t based in facts when you claimed US infection trajectory was similar to other countries when we have no idea of what our infection rate is and the death toll indicates total infections are much higher.

If you want to convince yourself that all these facts are really just deranged liberals being mean then go ahead. I know you’re not amenable to rational argument when you get your back up like this so that’s the end of the discussion from me.
If you concede that others are handling it poorly, the stubborn fixation to blaming Trump can only be attributed to one thing.

When others introduce inconvenient facts, you dismiss them and pull the usual schtick. Backed against a wall indeed.
I answered you question about other responses. Note South Korea.

Now try answering mine.
I have.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
If you concede that others are handling it poorly, the stubborn fixation to blaming Trump can only be attributed to one thing.

When others introduce inconvenient facts, you dismiss them and pull the usual schtick. Backed against a wall indeed.

Other people handling it badly does not in any way absolve Trump from handling it badly. That would only make sense if NO ONE was handling it better, which is obviously untrue.

This is basic, common sense. I know that on some level you know this, you've just got your back up.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Well handled outbreak:

ESzaP25UYAAHrwu

Poorly handled outbreak:

ESzaO20U4AANttg

Guess which one the US looks like:

Apparently pointing out reality now means you hate Trump. lol.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The National Review has apparently come down with a case of TDS:

At the same time, however, it is important that the president’s defenders not be blinded by partisanship of their own into excusing failures of leadership and diminishing the danger of the epidemic itself. This can be particularly difficult because some of the most significant inadequacies of the administration have been the president’s own. So far in this crisis, Donald Trump himself has obviously failed to rise to the challenge of leadership, and it does no one any favors to pretend otherwise.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Well handled outbreak:

ESzaP25UYAAHrwu

Poorly handled outbreak:

ESzaO20U4AANttg

Guess which one the US looks like:

Apparently pointing out reality now means you hate Trump. lol.
and you are deranged

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Then explain why its spreading in countries that have been completely transparent, but also with initial mistakes. Even the Germans acknowledge that Italy getting hit first allowed them to proactively mobilize.

When all is said and done, the resiliency of our healthcare infrastructure and not Twitter will determine the death toll.
thats mindbending ignorant.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Seeing some of the quotes come out of this hearing and the admin is trying to blame the Chinese for their own, ongoing, horrifically bungled response.

Trump and his admin didn't take this seriously when the experts warned to do so and we're all going to live (or not) with the consequences.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Trump statements from yesterday...
During a Tuesday press conference, Trump sought to reassure the public, saying everything from "it will go away, just stay calm," to stating the U.S. has done a "very good job" in testing for the virus, reports CNN's Daniel Dale.

Find one government scientist that agrees with this.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Trump is discouraging facts and encouraging falsehoods. 10's of millions listen directly to him. he's been discouraging trust of the media for as long as he's been around, as well as government. This will impact the spread, no question. Your feels tho

It's scary. I have some older friends who are buying his bullshit about this just being another flu hook line and sinker, and are getting ready to go on a cruise in a couple of weeks.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Agent Orange wants DOJ to investigate media coverage of the coronavirus.

I'm assuming Barr will do it. You help to keep installed and back a dictator, you do moronic dictator fetch quests.

The type of leadership you expect from the President:rolleyes:

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Agent Orange wants DOJ to investigate media coverage of the coronavirus.

I'm assuming Barr will do it. You help to keep installed and back a dictator, you do moronic dictator fetch quests.

The type of leadership you expect from the President:rolleyes:
He is really is walking into that good night kicking and screaming.... screaming fake news and kicking his own shadow. What a perfect moron.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Plus...Next week is "National Sunshine Week", which according to the broadcast email we got here, is:

an annual observance intended to promote a dialogue about the importance of open government and freedom of information.

Buahahahaha!!!!