How many Americans deaths will Trump be directly responsible for due to COVID-45

Page 298 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

How many American will die due COVID-19 due to Trumps incompetence/indiference?

• 1,000,000+

Results are only viewable after voting.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Also, thanks to the bump in confirmed cases after any public gathering, the mayor of New York has shut down public viewing of the ball drop. You can watch it from your TV like the rest of America. And they will have extra police roaming Times Square.

Denly

Golden Member
May 14, 2011
There were 3,880 deaths today on 235K new cases.
There were 7,597 deaths in the last two days on 434K new cases.

We seem to be getting to the territory of 4K deaths/day.

Getting? 200k case @ 2% = 4k deaths. At this point it is -sadly - a given, just when.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
One thing that bothers me is Trump is constantly whining about people being upset over covid-19 but that's because he handled it about as bad as a person could handle such a crisis. If he actually had handled it marginally it would have gone a lot better for the american people. Why can't he just whine about his inability to handle a crisis rather than the crisis itself. Oh wait that means he would have to own up to being inept.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Well we can lay all the blame on Trump's addled mind for the multitude of unnecessary deaths and it would be justified, but there's one other factor to ruminate over and that's those millions of enablers of his that not only stood by as he began his epic disastrous playdown of the killer pandemic, they cheered him on and began their Trump endorsed rebellion against science and their abandonment of whatever remnants of moral and ethical fiber left in their bodies in order to support Trump's own ridiculous efforts at deploying his misguided GOP approved "herd immunity" strategy.

Trump's supporters are just as guilty as Trump when it comes down to who is accountable for the complete and utter failure of the Trump's administration's response toward mitigating the effects of the pandemic.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Im kinda questioning what the facts really are with this. Apparently the guy came down with Covid and died shortly after. Seems a little fast and I’m wondering if there might be more to the story than we are being told. Just seems like one of those news stories where later on we discover the original version was full of inaccuracies. Just saying.

I was only questioning the rapid deterioration of Luke Letlow from contacting the virus and it turns out he actually died of a blood clot no doubt brought on from his infection with Covid. Covid can cause blood clots that could endanger one’s life and endangering the recovery more so than the Covid itself. This answers my question concerning the cause of death and why it happened so swiftly. That’s all.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Now the orange menaced COVID-19 accomplice serial killer is finally talking about COVID-19.
Trump Rages Over His Own Administration's COVID-19 Death Toll: 'Fake News'

Any number (election votes, dead people) he doesn't like, just call it fake.
I hope he's screaming that when they haul his lard ass from court to prison.

17 days cannot come fast enough.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Ugh my brother is still having lung problems after finally PCR testing negative for COVID-45 a couple of weeks ago but can't see a pulmonologist because they're all busy trying to put out fires in our local hospitals, and he was a ridiculously healthy person before COVID. In his early 30s. Now my early 40s cousin whose body was in great shape is in the hospital having to get oxygen after an almost certain COVID infection. Anyone who tells you this only affects old people and unhealthy people is a lying motherfucker. Shit my cousin in law died of it at 35 a few months ago.

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
Ugh my brother is still having lung problems after finally PCR testing negative for COVID-45 a couple of weeks ago but can't see a pulmonologist because they're all busy trying to put out fires in our local hospitals, and he was a ridiculously healthy person before COVID. In his early 30s. Now my early 40s cousin whose body was in great shape is in the hospital having to get oxygen after an almost certain COVID infection. Anyone who tells you this only affects old people and unhealthy people is a lying motherfucker. Shit my cousin in law died of it at 35 a few months ago.
That's the thing, it's completely unpredictable, you never know if COVID is going to be a mild cold or if it's going to fuck you up real good.

So far one of my wife's high school friends died from COVID, she was in her early 30's. Our good friends have identical two year old twins (split in the womb), one of them just had bad sniffles, and the other one had to spend 5 days in the ICU fighting for his life. A 2 year old nearly died from it, it was bad enough that they had to transfer him to a specialty childrens hospital. He pulled through, but damn. And then there are all the stories of the "long haulers" who technically recovered but can't go up a flight of stairs anymore, we have one of those too, a college freshmen/sophomore, a former runner, can't run anymore now, that's kind of over now, potentially forever.

It's really depressing. I stopped checking dead count long time ago because what's the point? I know it's horrible, I know who's responsible, but I can't do anything about it, I can't make others take it seriously, I can't make 70 million people care. The other day I saw a guy walk into gas station convenience store completely unmasked, and this is in fairly liberal major city suburbs, from what I understand it's much worse than that in red states.

Anyway, it's just sad is all.

Reactions: pauldun170

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
That's the thing, it's completely unpredictable, you never know if COVID is going to be a mild cold or if it's going to fuck you up real good.

So far one of my wife's high school friends died from COVID, she was in her early 30's. Our good friends have identical two year old twins (split in the womb), one of them just had bad sniffles, and the other one had to spend 5 days in the ICU fighting for his life. A 2 year old nearly died from it, it was bad enough that they had to transfer him to a specialty childrens hospital. He pulled through, but damn. And then there are all the stories of the "long haulers" who technically recovered but can't go up a flight of stairs anymore, we have one of those too, a college freshmen/sophomore, a former runner, can't run anymore now, that's kind of over now, potentially forever.

It's really depressing. I stopped checking dead count long time ago because what's the point? I know it's horrible, I know who's responsible, but I can't do anything about it, I can't make others take it seriously, I can't make 70 million people care. The other day I saw a guy walk into gas station convenience store completely unmasked, and this is in fairly liberal major city suburbs, from what I understand it's much worse than that in red states.

Anyway, it's just sad is all.

Yeah I'm worried about my brother becoming a long hauler. Before COVID he walked 20 miles a day for his work, not kidding. Now he says when he lies down he can only do it on his left side or fetal if he wants to sleep after first testing positive in early December and then testing negative finally a couple of weeks ago. Really worried about my cousin. She's a nurse so I wouldn't be surprised if she got exposed to a pretty large viral load.

Scary about the twins, glad to hear they seem to be ok now. Ugh you have a kid who is a long hauler? Lung inflammation still there after kicking the virus?

At least on the positive side, even though I live in a fairly red part of the San Antonio, Texas area complete with Trump flags and truck nuts, mask usage is pretty universal out here and has been ever since we had a huge wave in summer (the wave that killed my cousin in law).

Last edited:

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
One thing that bothers me is Trump is constantly whining about people being upset over covid-19 but that's because he handled it about as bad as a person could handle such a crisis. If he actually had handled it marginally it would have gone a lot better for the american people. Why can't he just whine about his inability to handle a crisis rather than the crisis itself. Oh wait that means he would have to own up to being inept.
I vote him for laziest president in American history. How bout it.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I am reminded of a couple things after watching the anti-mask crowd in 2020, and Donald doing a lousy job.

1. Reagan did a horrible job dealing with HIV and even went so far as to label it a gay disease, both to the general public and also to government agencies. He dragged his feet and meddled with the CDC at every step. He fostered hate and paranoia with the gay community and America as a whole. He's probably the main contributor to America having an AIDS epidemic.

2. Millions of dumb ignorant fearful hateful white conservatives bought the bullshit that it was a gays-only disease or a blacks-only disease and yet also used it as an excuse to discriminate and pull their kids out of school and actually demand gays and/or AIDS patients be sent away or put in camps or forced into separate hospitals.

THIRTY YEARS LATER those exact same people said there was no coronavirus. Then they said it won't make it to America. Then they said it won't spread in America. Then they said its not actually dangerous and we don't need masks and we don't need lockdowns. Then they said its OK if kids get it because it can't hurt them. Then they demanded kids go back to school because teachers don't count as people and they demanded all the lockdowns be lifted.
In slightly less than one year 300,000 Americans have died from COVID and over a period of decades 700,000 Americans have died from AIDS related diseases.

Also, those exact same people whined the fucking liberals were using a deadly pandemic for political motives.

esquared

Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Reactions: MtnMan

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
These, I think, are daily records.
260K+ new cases.
4100 deaths.

Just fixing to post these sad stats under the topic "meanwhile in America" but then shit, that's as fake as the election result.

esquared

Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Just fixing to post these sad stats under the topic "meanwhile in America" but then shit, that's as fake as the election result.
4100 daily deaths is a COVID-19 death every 21 seconds.
😷

This has long (last couple months) been the primary cause of death in the US.
IIRC, the prior #1 (now #2), is heart disease at approx 1800 deaths per day.
I could be off on the heart disease numbers.
We have a few doctors here that can probably verify that.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
😷

My neighbor is an ER doc. I don't see him that often, and I'm sure his hours are brutal. Chat with his wife from time to time, and he has been living in the basement while family live upstairs. He comes home, showers, changes, etc., when dinner is ready he comes up, sits at the far end of the table, and eats off paper plates and plastic forks, at least that was how they were doing it in late summer.

I see him on occasions, typically while I'm walking the dog, and he's jogging or riding his bike. He looks like he has aged 5 years in the past year.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
Hum. NPR had an interview with an ER doc who lives in the basement (to protect his family)... wonder if it was the same fellow.

My neighbor is an ER doc. I don't see him that often, and I'm sure his hours are brutal. Chat with his wife from time to time, and he has been living in the basement while family live upstairs. He comes home, showers, changes, etc., when dinner is ready he comes up, sits at the far end of the table, and eats off paper plates and plastic forks, at least that was how they were doing it in late summer.

I see him on occasions, typically while I'm walking the dog, and he's jogging or riding his bike. He looks like he has aged 5 years in the past year.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
😷

You're spot on, cancer is a close #2 behind heart disease.
The 7-day MA of COVID-19 deaths has exceeded 1800 since early December.

As many had predicted, these numbers are getting worse before they get better.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
Just remember even when Trump leaves office he will still be responsible for all the people who die the next 2 or 3 months. Probably 200,000-400,000.... What a way to legalize mass murder.

Reactions: DarthKyrie