How many Americans deaths will Trump be directly responsible for due to COVID-45

Page 297 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

How many American will die due COVID-19 due to Trumps incompetence/indiference?

• 1,000,000+

Results are only viewable after voting.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
That I don't know. I do know that my state (Oregon) has had it's numbers promised and delivered fluctuate all over the place.

Looking forward to even a modestly competent government taking over this situation.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Whew just looking at local Twitter this morning the move to modified 1b with no plan is really creating some chaos. People are mobbing the phone lines of anyplace on the state registry of sites.

H T C

Nov 7, 2018
^

Hopefully that is more organized than here.

TX just opened 1b with 65+ and a list of eligible conditions. Doesn't look like any providers are set up for this yet. Some independent pharmacies have waitlists you can sign up for but most have no info at all. Medical providers also seem to be in the dark about what policy will be. Just a huge mess in the making we saw coming for months but did nothing about.

Here's to hoping it will go as planned.

I think prioritizing based on conditions is a mistake - way too easy to game the system and create confusion. It should just go:

1) health care workers
2) everyone else in decreasing age tiers. Like start with 75+, then 65+, etc. It’s easy to understand and hard to scam, and age is by far the greatest risk factor anyway.

It's not possible to schedule a COVID-19 vaccine: each individual will be called by the National Health Service a few days prior in order to have the him / her ready when his / her time to be vaccinated arrives.

@ least, that's the plan: we'll see how it pans out ...

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Here's to hoping it will go as planned.

It's not possible to schedule a COVID-19 vaccine: each individual will be called by the National Health Service a few days prior in order to have the him / her ready when his / her time to be vaccinated arrives.

@ least, that's the plan: we'll see how it pans out ...
No need to schedule, just have open distribution and anyone who can show they are of the appropriate age gets vaccinated, logged, and told to return to the same location for their follow up. Yes there will be some issues with those who will have difficulty proving their age but that’s already true with the current standard.

The most important thing is to distribute as many vaccines as quickly as possible to the vulnerable (ie: old). No need for it to be perfect, just needs to be decent and, above all else, fast.

It is frankly insane to me that I learned today that Congress/Trump spent basically no money or time this summer and fall figuring out how to actually get the vaccine into people. The incompetence is just unbelievable.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Remember during the campaign when Trump said he had a terrific plan for the vaccine distribution? Sorry but contracting out FedEx and UPS to drive trucks of vaccines to the different states and then have the states take over from there whilst giving no further guidance and almost no financial support was never a "plan".
And then just go to CVS or Walgreen's and get it, right?

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Im kinda questioning what the facts really are with this. Apparently the guy came down with Covid and died shortly after. Seems a little fast and I’m wondering if there might be more to the story than we are being told. Just seems like one of those news stories where later on we discover the original version was full of inaccuracies. Just saying.
Sadly many people die within a few days of becoming ill with Covid. We also don't know how long it took him to seek medical help for a mere hoax.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Sadly many people die within a few days of becoming ill with Covid. We also don't know how long it took him to seek medical help for a mere hoax.
I have one in proximity that dropped on the floor, no warning signs, if so she kept them for her self, was found unconscious hours later ... got the the ER and had raving covid .. she was touch and go there for a weeks time. So yea, it can be fast.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
Remember during the campaign when Trump said he had a terrific plan for the vaccine distribution? Sorry but contracting out FedEx and UPS to drive trucks of vaccines to the different states and then have the states take over from there whilst giving no further guidance and almost no financial support was never a "plan".
Turns out it's as comprehensive as his healthcare plan.

Reactions: hal2kilo

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
I have one in proximity that dropped on the floor, no warning signs, if so she kept them for her self, was found unconscious hours later ... got the the ER and had raving covid .. she was touch and go there for a weeks time. So yea, it can be fast.
There was the guy the lied about symptoms and got on a commercial flight, where he died of COVID. He was able to walk onto an aircraft, but left feet first. This on a 5:29 minute flight

• Wow
Reactions: cytg111

H T C

Nov 7, 2018

Here in Portugal, a retirement home resident aged 106 found out she had been hit with the virus AFTER she was already cured: she had little to no symptoms.

We STILL don't know why this virus hits some people harder than it does others and, while age most certainly plays a huge role in beating this virus, as exemplified by these two cases, the "end result" is not "set in stone".

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
The more I read about this shambles the more I think we should switch to mass vaccination sites sooner rather than later. Put the reservations online like for COVID testing to slot people and take anybody in 1a and in certain age brackets based on dose availability. Pay to run the sites for as many hours as they have vaccine doses to give, none of this closing for holidays or the sun going down stuff. If the state says I can be slotted for a dose at 2am on a Sunday 50 miles away I'd be there with bells on as would most people.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
The more I read about this shambles the more I think we should switch to mass vaccination sites sooner rather than later. Put the reservations online like for COVID testing to slot people and take anybody in 1a and in certain age brackets based on dose availability. Pay to run the sites for as many hours as they have vaccine doses to give, none of this closing for holidays or the sun going down stuff. If the state says I can be slotted for a dose at 2am on a Sunday 50 miles away I'd be there with bells on as would most people.
I got the polio vaccine (oral) when it first came out. It was like this huge event, they had everyone come to the elementary school to get their dose. And I think there was another follow up. I realize that polio wasn't that virulent and so there was no keeping distance and PPE protocols (at least for the recipients). Put some damn money in a bill for the state to get this stuff out as fast as it comes in. I feel like my country is purposely making this to be some kind of trial by fire. F Pubs.

Reactions: MtnMan and K1052

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
I got the polio vaccine (oral) when it first came out. It was like this huge event, they had everyone come to the elementary school to get their dose. And I think there was another follow up. I realize that polio wasn't that virulent and so there was no keeping distance and PPE protocols (at least for the recipients). Put some damn money in a bill for the state to get this stuff out as fast as it comes in. I feel like my country is purposely making this to be some kind of trial by fire. F Pubs.
My first polio vaccine was an injection. Of course that was some serious shit because kids were the primary victim, and parents scared for their kids had no problem wanting to protect them. With COVID, kids are the least likely to suffer consequences of the virus. COVID would be taken much more seriously if kids bodies were the ones filling morgues.

Before the vaccine, polio pretty much dictated summer life. I'm sure my parents were terrified, though they probably did a good job of hiding it. Other parents in the neighborhood, not so much. One mother "heard" that an hour nap in the afternoon would prevent it, so if we were anywhere near Mary's house at 2PM, your ass got hauled into the house and put in bed for an hour.

Last edited:

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
There were 3,880 deaths today on 235K new cases.
There were 7,597 deaths in the last two days on 434K new cases.

We seem to be getting to the territory of 4K deaths/day.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
There were 3,880 deaths today on 235K new cases.
There were 7,597 deaths in the last two days on 434K new cases.

We seem to be getting to the territory of 4K deaths/day.
i hear that's better than 1080p/day.

On a serious note, my local county has an 18% positivity rate, despite Maryland as a state doing well overall. that sent me from "hey things are going alright, people are wearing masks and being smart" to "complete nervous trainwreck get me that vaccine ASAP not leaving the house again".