How many Americans deaths will Trump be directly responsible for due to COVID-45

Page 259 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

How many American will die due COVID-19 due to Trumps incompetence/indiference?

• 1,000,000+

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mar 11, 2004
And... Trump is ready to rally!

He's criminally insane.

You know what? I say we let them. Let them hold a great big event, bigger than Woodstock, lasting for the next 30 days, where they can worship their god-king and Turmp can sit on a throne above them, spewing an endless rant.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
You know what? I say we let them. Let them hold a great big event, bigger than Woodstock, lasting for the next 30 days, where they can worship their god-king and Turmp can sit on a throne above them, spewing an endless rant.

God, No. The poor fools will spread it far & wide. If they were capable of rational decision making, they wouldn't be there. If Trump were rational, he wouldn't invite them, particularly after the garden party fiasco. That's what's wrong with the whole conservative personal responsibility schtick. Anybody who believes it is lying to themselves.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
Well Trump decided he couldn't kill enough people indirectly so now he wants to kill them 'directly'. That's right while infected he will be holding rallies first at the white house then in florida. They 'suggest' attendees wear masks but of course masks are most effective if the infected person, Trump, wears them.

Anyone wanna bet he won't be wearing one ?

• Love

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Been holding off on getting my colonoscopy done for year. Finally, getting back into the diagnostic services system. Looks like I will be required to have a COVID test 4 days before the procedure. Have any of you had this occur?

Funny thing though, I took another colorectal test in the meantime, and it came back negative. So hopefully, it will just be the routine.

pretty much required at any hospital or clinic if you are going in for a procedure. Mom had to do 2 of them in about a week's time a couple months ago, when she was doing cataract and corrective surgery in both eyes.

Reactions: hal2kilo

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Well Trump decided he couldn't kill enough people indirectly so now he wants to kill them 'directly'. That's right while infected he will be holding rallies first at the white house then in florida. They 'suggest' attendees wear masks but of course masks are most effective if the infected person, Trump, wears them.

Anyone wanna bet he won't be wearing one ?

well if he kills them all, I'm sure no one will care.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Especially Trump...

No shit. Think about the Secret Service guys who drove him around to wave at his fans while the crazy bastard was obviously contagious. Think about all the people exposed when he checked himself out, still contagious, descended from the golden doorway to the bulletproof SUV only to be driven around to the other side of the building to board Marine One. And then we get the appearance on the balcony with American flags conveniently placed as a backdrop. Because everything is all about him, about working his bullshit bamboozle on the minds of the vulnerable.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Over 60K today.
Been around 40K for a month or so.
The virus is moving again.

So much for the fat fuck saying its "just (the end) around the corner"

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
In the wake of the garden party fiasco, trump plans an even bigger one-

The invitees best show up, too, or bad things might happen...

And a rally in Florida, for the truly delusional.

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
Over 60K today.
Been around 40K for a month or so.
The virus is moving again.

So much for the fat fuck saying its just (the end) is "just around the corner"

We're #1

Reactions: cytg111
Mar 11, 2004
God, No. The poor fools will spread it far & wide. If they were capable of rational decision making, they wouldn't be there. If Trump were rational, he wouldn't invite them, particularly after the garden party fiasco. That's what's wrong with the whole conservative personal responsibility schtick. Anybody who believes it is lying to themselves.

I don't know what point you think you're making, but no fucking shit Captain Obvious. That's why they should do it for the next 30 days. There's a few reasons I said that.

Feb 4, 2009
I suspect the new moron poster from two weeks ago thought being low on the chart was a good thing. He never confirmed it but his overall lack of understanding and constantly challenging people to say which countries were better.....
Everyone was like well everywhere is better than us.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
The true number of coronavirus deaths in the US “is well over" 250,000, former CDC director says
The true number of coronavirus deaths in the US “is well over" 250,000, former CDC director says
From CNN Health’s Lauren Mascarenhas

The true number of coronavirus deaths in the United States is well over 250,000, former CDC Director Dr. Tom Frieden said Saturday during CNN’s town hall.
Frieden, who served as CDC director under President Barack Obama, said a lot of the confusion about Covid-19 mortality rates is the result of the way fatalities are listed on death certificates.
“If you die from cancer, and you also have diabetes, you still died from cancer,” Frieden explained. “If you died from Covid, and you also had diabetes, you died from Covid.”
“Covid does affect older people much, much more than younger people, and many older people have lots of other health problems, so that ends up on the death certificate,” Frieden said.
“The best way to look at this is actually a statistic called ‘excess mortality’ -- deaths above baseline -- and that's actually quite a bit higher,” he said. “The true total of this, which includes Covid and Covid-associated (deaths), is well over a quarter of a million deaths in the US so far.”
Frieden said there are typically three types of deaths that result from coronavirus.
“People who died from Covid, and were diagnosed with it; people who died from Covid, but weren't diagnosed with it because there wasn't testing, it wasn't suspected, they died at home; and people who've died because of the disruption that Covid causes,” Frieden said.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
The world's most important and prestigious medical journal is calling for an end to the trump administration. It is their first ever foray into politics. This is stunning. I'm trying to draw a comparison and am struggling but I think many people don't grasp just how important or powerful the NEJM is to the country. One way to think about it is pretty much every medication that people out in their mouths was in some way vetted by the NEJM.

• Love

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
Extremely old news.

Now that he isn't killing enough people with covid-19 he is sending those right ringers after democrats.
The world's most important and prestigious medical journal is calling for an end to the trump administration. It is their first ever foray into politics. This is stunning. I'm trying to draw a comparison and am struggling but I think many people don't grasp just how important or powerful the NEJM is to the country. One way to think about it is pretty much every medication that people out in their mouths was in some way vetted by the NEJM.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
This was a good listen if anyone has the time. As a country do we need to stop bickering and get behind educating everyone on the importance of masks. Her thoughts on good public health messaging had me stop and reconsider my attitude towards people who don't wear masks. I think she is right that getting angry and confrontational isn't productive.

SmCaudata

Oct 8, 2006
Piling onto previous statements but some scary numbers.

With the change in reporting im guessing the reported number is going to get further and further from reality.

Lastly, I believe that any physician that lies about cause of death or misleads the public should lose their license. Either it is intentional and they are violating their oath or they don't actually believe reality, which makes them grossly incompetent.

kitkat22

Golden Member
Feb 10, 2005
For those who dont know, cause of death for statistical purposes is actually more challenging than just saying Covid of MI. I sign off on 1-2 death certificates per week and let me share my thought process.

People dont just die from covid, they die from the complications of covid. People dont just die from sepsis but the complications. People die from acite respiratory failure, hemmoragic shock or cardiac arrest to name a few.

Lets say a covid patient comes to the hospital and despite best care dies. The patient most likely died from acute respiratory failure secondary to sepsis due to covid19. You could substitute sepsis with viral pneumonia or acute interstitial lung disease. The point is covid doesnt just cause automatic death.

Lets say someone came in with a large laceration from a MVA and died of blood loss and incidentally was found covid positive. The patient died from hemorrhagic shock due to laceration of femoral artery due to motor vehicle accident. As part of the statistical process there is a drop down requesting the patients covid status at the time of death, but it is NOT the cause of death.

This is why the CDC is having a weird time figuring out death certificates. 6% said primary cause is COVID. That is incorrect, the patient died from complications of covid and the death certificate is intended to provide a "sequence of events" that led to their death.

No physician that i work with would lie regarding the cause of death. There is no point or incentive. It does nothing but confuse the subject.

alexruiz

Platinum Member
Sep 21, 2001
For those who dont know, cause of death for statistical purposes is actually more challenging than just saying Covid of MI. I sign off on 1-2 death certificates per week and let me share my thought process.

People dont just die from covid, they die from the complications of covid. People dont just die from sepsis but the complications. People die from acite respiratory failure, hemmoragic shock or cardiac arrest to name a few.

Lets say a covid patient comes to the hospital and despite best care dies. The patient most likely died from acute respiratory failure secondary to sepsis due to covid19. You could substitute sepsis with viral pneumonia or acute interstitial lung disease. The point is covid doesnt just cause automatic death.

Lets say someone came in with a large laceration from a MVA and died of blood loss and incidentally was found covid positive. The patient died from hemorrhagic shock due to laceration of femoral artery due to motor vehicle accident. As part of the statistical process there is a drop down requesting the patients covid status at the time of death, but it is NOT the cause of death.

This is why the CDC is having a weird time figuring out death certificates. 6% said primary cause is COVID. That is incorrect, the patient died from complications of covid and the death certificate is intended to provide a "sequence of events" that led to their death.

No physician that i work with would lie regarding the cause of death. There is no point or incentive. It does nothing but confuse the subject.

That is a good point, but keep in mind that many of those complications would NOT appear if they didn't get COVID.
The analogy that I use is someone getting in a car crash, but not dying at the scene. What will be the cause of death? trauma? internal hemorraging? stroke because of blood clots?
In the end, however, none of those things would take place if the accident didn't happen.

Reactions: Denly