How many Americans deaths will Trump be directly responsible for due to COVID-45

Page 322 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

How many American will die due COVID-19 due to Trumps incompetence/indiference?

• 1,000,000+

Results are only viewable after voting.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
That's s huge number of deaths and based on population, they could have 200,000,000+ cases just based on their population being 4X the size of the US.

No sane person could ever think China has only 103,000 covid-19 cases
Uh oh, you know who will be here any minute to refute this.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
Sir, you do realize that we, in the great nation of Florida, were only holding onto these tests to make sure they actually work. We're now ready to release them into the wild everglades. But it seems the expiration date is over. Which we all know is Biden's fault. Ya got any more of 'dem test kits?
Of course but will they expire before you are able to determine if they can be released into the wild everglades ?

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
Looks like Florida has rising death numbers from the recent wave.

Huh, I'm surprised Florida is still reporting COVID numbers at all...

EDIT: and going by the numbers, 430K weekly infections vs 470 weekly deaths, that's 0.1% kill rate which seems far too low... Granted these are not apple to apple comparisons as deaths are a lagging indicator, but again, unless I'm missing something these stats are seriously out of line with the rest of the country.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002

EDIT: and going by the numbers, 430K weekly infections vs 470 weekly deaths, that's 0.1% kill rate which seems far too low... Granted these are not apple to apple comparisons as deaths are a lagging indicator, but again, unless I'm missing something these stats are seriously out of line with the rest of the country.
While we shouldn't be shocked if florida numbers are fudged; we should also acknowledge that omicron is less deadly. I've not tracked deaths in other states but perhaps a % dead per infected from other states would help indicate if florida is dodging the numbers again.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004

On the site linked below there were many days FL didn't report, while other states were reporting their highest numbers. They are again reporting cases, but it sure looks like they have the best hospitals in the world, or they are fudging the number of deaths, big time, where FL deaths are single digit and virtually every other state is reporting triple digit deaths.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
That's a real fridge hanger for Ronnie DeathCult to be proud of. Should make some great debate fuel for the state that routinely had the highest some of the highest cases in the country and only reporting 3 deaths a day for months on end.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
112,000 cases in California yesterday.
That's more that China's 103,000 total cases since the beginning of the pandemic,
in one effing day.

Now if you believe that........................................

BTW, we had 1,350,000 cases yesterday in the US

"Slow the testing dooown"

• Love
Reactions: DarthKyrie

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
That's a real fridge hanger for Ronnie DeathCult to be proud of. Should make some great debate fuel for the state that routinely had the highest some of the highest cases in the country and only reporting 3 deaths a day for months on end.

The moment it takes more than a tweet to explain the numbers, you've lost the voters.
And you opponent can easily counter with other numbers which may or may not be relevant to your argument. But it'll sound good.
However complicated stats turn out, it is just an argument, not an advantage.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
The moment it takes more than a tweet to explain the numbers, you've lost the voters.
And you opponent can easily counter with other numbers which may or may not be relevant to your argument. But it'll sound good.
However complicated stats turn out, it is just an argument, not an advantage.

Checks notes... Uh that was a tweet

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Not sure I have the data right, but read that male life expectancy went down about 2 years during the pandemic.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Checks notes... Uh that was a tweet

Though it links to a paper in a journal. The graph on it's own probably, for many people, would require an explanation as to what "excess death rate" is and why it is meaningful. Plenty of COVID-minimisers have simply refused to comprehend the whole concept of "excess death rates" (even though that's what the flu-death figures they like to cite are generally based on).

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Though it links to a paper in a journal. The graph on it's own probably, for many people, would require an explanation as to what "excess death rate" is and why it is meaningful. Plenty of COVID-minimisers have simply refused to comprehend the whole concept of "excess death rates" (even though that's what the flu-death figures they like to cite are generally based on).
How many people in this country know how to read a basic XxY chart period. Bet they never made a batwing chart for aligning a D to A converter.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

And yet, when it suits them, they attempt to use the excess death rates to blame the vaccine for killing people.

A primary logic problem with the conspiracy theory echo chambers is that they ALWAYS believe in conspiracies that directly contradict each other. Example: "The Virus has never been isolated and germ theory is a myth" vs " the virus was positively identified as a bio weapon by the US and/or China illuminati derp state save the children!

Reactions: DarthKyrie

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I originally picked 10k but changed it to a million a few months later. Never thought it actually would make it that far considering vaccines have been widely available for over 12 months now.

Obviously I failed to consider the stupidity of the anti-vacc crowd.

Last edited:

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Can I just take a moment and applaud the Hollywood granola eating elites who took their anti-vax horseshit and sold it straight up to red state America??? Like they literally found a way to convince these "conservatives" who hate them/hate their lifestyle to give up the one thing that could save them in a pandemic. Bravo! Ohh but the best part was convincing them JFK Jr. was coming back from the dead to join their side!!!