How many Americans deaths will Trump be directly responsible for due to COVID-45

Page 280 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

How many American will die due COVID-19 due to Trumps incompetence/indiference?

• 1,000,000+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Well almost 160k cases day. Shit we will hit 200k by Thanksgiving with ease. 500k/day by years end without shut downs.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Well almost 160k cases day. Shit we will hit 200k by Thanksgiving with ease. 500k/day by years end without shut downs.
Thank god we’ve finally adopted the kill as many as possible approach. What we need answers to is why President Biden is sitting on his ass doing nothing to get the resources of the federal government working on this problem. Senate Republicans should start hearings and move to impeach him immediately.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
You didn't watch Cuomo say that on GMA.

You let a rightwing talking idiot pound shit into your brain about what they want you to think Cuomo said. That's actually what happened.

Do you understand?
Literally was Gov. Cuomo saying that he didn't like that the vaccine wasn't ready two months later because Trump's Admin would be ones to develop and execute the initial distribution of the vaccine. He outlined his 2 options and they are to either change that or will work to completely stop it until Joe Biden becomes President. You can say I spun that and a I'm a deplorable racist liar or anything else but those were his words. You are a moron and thinking that you are going around "punching not-sees" to make your unimportant existence a little more meaningful and virtuous.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
@MtnMan The worldwide cases data is readily available, but it's complete conjecture for you to say we should have fewer than 3000 deaths. I'm as vocal a critic of DJT as almost anyone, but you can't pin all 240k deaths on him. I clearly made my point; if he's 100% responsible as you claim, then pretty much every leader in half of western Europe has 10s of thousands of deaths on their hands too. It's just not that simple.

Although South Korea has had some challenges, they are arguably in the 98th percentile of countries in handling COVID-19. The point I was trying to make is that knowing how many "deplorables" are our fellow Americans, it's literally impossible to think that we would have been one of the best in the world if only our federal leadership was great. There are other cultural factors and variables that would have still worked against us.

I wholeheartedly agree that we could have done a LOT better, and it's a damn shame the U.S. is burning itself on fire while there's nobody steering the ship for another 70 days.

As esquared just pointed out, Germany is a great comp. A large population country (1/4 of the U.S.) that has suffered along with the rest of Europe, but demonstrates what a response in the top quartile looks like.

South Korea
Unites States
leadership reacted quickly and decisivelyleadership called it a hoax and did nothing.
1 case for every 1830 people1 case for every 30 people
1 death for every 111,000 people1 case for every 1335 people.

Leadership, or the complete lack of puts this national disaster in Trump's lap.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Literally was Gov. Cuomo saying that he didn't like that the vaccine wasn't ready two months later because Trump's Admin would be ones to develop and execute the initial distribution of the vaccine. He outlined his 2 options and they are to either change that or will work to completely stop it until Joe Biden becomes President. You can say I spun that and a I'm a deplorable racist liar or anything else but those were his words. You are a moron and thinking that you are going around "punching not-sees" to make your unimportant existence a little more meaningful and virtuous.

USF a school so bad Brandonbull can attend.

You dishonest fuck. He is concerned the Trump Admin will fuck up the distribution like they have everything else involving Covid. You are a liar, the people who told you this story are liars. Right wing media outlets losing their shit over this are lying.

Watch the entire interview if you dare (direct from GMA so it isn't cut up to remove the context)

Last edited:

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
USF a school so bad Brandonbull can attend.

You dishonest fuck. He is concerned the Trump Admin will fuck up the distribution like they have everything else involving Covid. You are a liar, the people who told you this story are liars. Right wing media outlets losing their shit over this are lying.

Watch the entire interview if you dare (direct from GMA so it isn't cut up to remove the context)
Geez, why do you want to get in the way of his red-faced screaming into a mirror that LIBBRUUUUUULS DONE DID IT SO TRUMPS OK.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
South Korea
Unites States
leadership reacted quickly and decisivelyleadership called it a hoax and did nothing.
1 case for every 1830 people1 case for every 30 people
1 death for every 111,000 people1 case for every 1335 people.

Leadership, or the complete lack of puts this national disaster in Trump's lap.
Look, I agree with you and many that DJT is highly culpable for death and destruction by COVID-19. Your comparison table just tells me what we already know.

What I clearly disagree with is the assertion that virtually all the deaths are on his hands, or that a competent POTUS would have guided the country to a South Korea-like outcome. In my estimation, they are something like 98th percentile. Even Germany, which has done reasonably well IMHO, now has uncontrolled spread of the virus based on the figures I'm seeing.

It really wasn't that long ago (summer) that Italy was being commended for forcefully bending the curve down to a very low baseline after a horrific early wave of death. But many western populations have reverted their prior vigilance, and country after country is getting slammed now. It's not just a DJT failure.

I think his math is a bit off, but esquared said that if the U.S. had an outcome on par with Germany (after adjusting for population), we'd have 48k deaths. IIRC some researcher modeled this and last month concluded the Trump admin's disastrous failures led to about 100k more deaths.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Geez, why do you want to get in the way of his red-faced screaming into a mirror that LIBBRUUUUUULS DONE DID IT SO TRUMPS OK.
It won't matter what I say to that delusional fool. Just hoping a few others don't fall for the same lies.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
I think his math is a bit off, but esquared said that if the U.S. had an outcome on par with Germany (after adjusting for population), we'd have 48k deaths. IIRC some researcher modeled this and last month concluded the Trump admin's disastrous failures led to about 100k more deaths.
His math is spot on. Germany has 146 deaths per 1M population - the US 749 per 1M population.
When extrapolated to the population of each country, the US should have only 48K deaths.
That dumps 200,000 death square in Trumps lap.

side note: If you want to challenge someone's facts, do with facts, not "I think...."

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
His math is spot on. Germany has 146 deaths per 1M population - the US 749 per 1M population.
When extrapolated to the population of each country, the US should have only 48K deaths.
That dumps 200,000 death square in Trumps lap.

side note: If you want to challenge someone's facts, do with facts, not "I think...."
His math was 40k and I adjusted it for accuracy. His point still stands. Not sure why you're getting snarky about facts, as you have an opinion and I have mine. We're actually in full agreement on the broad strokes.

Besides, being responsible for 200k deaths is still different from 100% responsible for all of the U.S. deaths. Anyway, let's agree to disagree. There's no way to prove who's right in any case. I didn't answer the poll in the OP anyway. And like I said before, the U.S. is setting itself up for a world of tragedy in the final two months of the Trump admin, while the Covidiot in Chief fiddles.

Denly

Golden Member
May 14, 2011
Trump and Troop walking free within days of catching covid is like oil to fire, it gave "some" the impression covid don't matter. If Trump and co was hospitalized for weeks people might take it more seriously.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Fucking hell, 161,541 new cases today in the US. What are we going to be at 300k per day by a week after Thanksgiving?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Herd Mentality. It's coming.

MAGA

My employer is starting to send this out to all employees:

"You may be wondering: Will herd immunity protect us from COVID-19?

Many of us have heard about the benefits of herd immunity, or the concept that when a large portion of a community becomes immune to a disease, it makes the spread of disease unlikely. Herd immunity is only relevant if natural infection leads to permanent or long-term immunity and we don’t yet know enough about what it means to be immune to SARS-CoV-2.

Given the uncertainty with SARS-CoV2 immunity, preventing infections is crucial. Take the following scenario: if we have no vaccine and no improvement in therapies for COVID-19, and we assume 60% of the population needs immunity for the outbreak to decline on its own, the public health implications are grim. Close to 2 million people will die, there will be 10 million hospitalizations for COVID-19 alone, and the health care system will be overwhelmed, leading to capacity constraints."

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
For the past serval weeks this number slowly ticked up from about 14K to 19K. Today it jumped to 32K.

1605305925364.png

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
COVID-19 cases:
Two days ago - 144K
Yesterday - 162K
Today - 182K and counting
What's tomorrow's number? 200K?

Remember the orange menace saying "we're rounding the corner"?
Today he said "cases will fall rapidly"

Fucking COVID-19 serial killer.

Stopsignhank

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2014
This is what he said in April when the CDC recommended to wear masks.

Time video link.

“The CDC is advising the use of non-medical cloth face covering as an additional voluntary public health measure,” Trump said in the monotone he uses in scripted moments. He explained that studies have shown even people with no symptoms can spread the virus. Then he added: “So it’s voluntary. You don’t have to do it. They suggested for a period of time. This is voluntary. I don’t think I am going to be doing it.”

You really need to watch the video to see how he downplays wearing a mask

What a Dick Head.

Reactions: Meghan54