How long does Newegg take to ship?

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
I just placed an order and, of course, want everything RIGHT NOW!!! What is the average TAT for an order there?

Status Legend:
Step 1: Order has been received. Your credit card has not been charged yet. Please allow 1-2 business days for your order to process and ship.
Step 2: Order has been successfully charged. Additional address verification will be performed as needed. Please allow 1-2 business days before shipping. No Change orders will be allowed at this time.
Step 3: All verifications are complete. All items have been succesfully retrieved. Please allow 1 business day before shipping.
Step 4: Your order has been packed and sealed. Please allow 1 business day before shipping.
Step 5: Your order has been shipped. Your package tracking number is provided below.
Void: Your order is no longer valid. All voided orders cannot be reprocessed. It must be re-ordered. Please call our customer service line for any questions or assistance.

dcdomain

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2000
Where you located? They ship from both CA and NJ. So depending on where you are. The retarded thing is, most of their stuff is in CA, so I live in NJ and I once ordered a couple of items, some of them had to be sent from CA.

Usually comes within a week.

Sentinel

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2000
you will get the stuff within about 5 days, until then just forget you even ordered it :brokenheart:

Icepick

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
I ordered a hard drive and RAM from Newegg on a Wednesday night and received the order the following Monday. This was using their least expensive "standard" shipping option. Based on my experience I'd say you can expect to receive your order by Friday if you're using standard shipping.

Zero Plasma

Banned
Jun 14, 2004
They also ship from Tn. And I would say if you ordered today then Thursday or Friday. Just wait until you get your tracking number then you can check on the web.:)

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
I live in NJ, so of course everything has to come from CA except for 1 - which is coming from TN :roll:

up to status 2 :)

bay

Aug 9, 2004
ordered a whole new system on friday, case came from TN, parts from CA and they both arrived here in WI today (monday) with just the standard super saver shipping.....

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
It takes me about 4 days from the time I order til the time I get it. I usually get it 1-2 days before Newegg says i'll get it.

Rike

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2004
Newegg's motto seems to be, "Under-promise, over-deliver." That's why everyone is so happy with their deliver times. They tell you it will be there on Friday, but it comes on Thursday and you're happy:D. Great marketing. Just look at how big they are and how many of us don't care.

aka1nas

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
Their CA warehouse is relatively close to me(within 20 miles) so if they ship it the day I place my order(which happens most of the time) I get it within 48 hours or so.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Usually I get my stuff pretty quick.

I ordered some stuff on 11/10. It's been sitting at step 2 (waiting to be packed in warehouse) since 11/11. This look slower than usual. BTW, your legend is diff than what I see on my order status.

Address Verification Result: GOOD - Your Ship To address has been successfully confirmed. Your Order will be shipped in 1-2 business days.
Your order is at step 2 of 5: being prepared in the Warehouse

Gurck

Banned
Mar 16, 2004
Using their standard 2-3 day fedex, I generally get stuff 3 days later, occasionally 2... lately though I hear they've been out of whack, supposedly due to flood damage at one of their facilities. I haven't experienced this, but I also haven't ordered anything in the last 1-2 months.

chocoruacal

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2002
Out of hundreds of orders, I'd say better than 75% of them ship the same day I place the order, IF it is coming from Cali. If it comes from NJ, it almost always gets shipped the day after. However, due to the 1 day difference in transit times, almost every order I place is on my doorstep within 4 days. I can't recall a single order that took longer than two days to ship.

EvilManagedCare

Nov 6, 2004
They usually come before the estimated FedEx arrival date. It takes about 2-3 business days after shipped from Newegg itself. Don't be discouraged about what step Newegg is on, because at the drop of a hat it can go from step 2 to 5. It does not take 5 business days to process your order barring unforseen circumstances. I'm hooked on Newegg, their prices always seem to come under Tigerdirect and ZZF. Plus, their website is organized better. BTW I am not a Newegg employee :)

ThePiston

Nov 14, 2004
I ordered last night (Monday late), it will ship Tuesday afternoon, and I'll get it Friday. So, 4 days for me. I've been ordering from newegg for years and years... they have slowed on taking the order and shipping a little. It used to be always same day, now you have to pay to get that and it might not go out same day.

I love newegg... why bother with waiting for "Brown" over a week... Fedex rules.

Thegonagle

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2000
In my general experience, they ship the same or next day, depending on a few factors--mostly the time of day and day of the week; excluding weekends, it's usually not more than 36 hours assuming your billing address, etc., on your credit card verifies and the shipping address is the same as the billing address.

Com807877

Jun 26, 2001
I'm kind of disapointed with the shipping times. I ordered parts two days ago and paid for overnight shipping... yet the status page still says it hasn't even shipped.