how long does it take to ship something from canada to texas witht he cheapest method

tvdang7

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2005
hi i am a stupid trader

some guy on mirc was advertising an x1800xt for 275 and i bargained him down to 200. i paid half now and later. we talked on aim for a few mins did the transaction and i forgot to save his screen name. well last thing he said was ima shipping it with the cheapest possible method.

well now that i have no aim contact with him and hes not answering emails. im thinking of filing a claim. but i dont think if i can win it since he lives in cananda. so when ever some one files a claim u need to provide ur tracking number and there is no tracking number for international shipments.

my questions are

1) its been 2 weeks does the cheapest method take more than 2 weeks?
2) can i still file a paypal claim? when we live in different countries?

iamaelephant

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2004
I can't see why you wouldn't be able to make a PayPal claim, have you tried emailing PayPal to ask?

Sounds to me like you've been royally screwed.

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Gatecrasher3
it should not take more then 9 days

I shipped a laptop from FL to Canada..I believe I even used air mail. It took three weeks to arrive..I was about to file an insurance claim on it.

I recently (2-3 weeks ago) mailed a document to a local customer, and she still hasn't received it. The mail system can be tempermental (read: broken) sometimes.

DaTT

Garage Moderator
Feb 13, 2003
Paypal will always rule in the Canadians favour.....ALWAYS!

eakers

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
It could still take a bit... I had a customer overnight me a package and it took 8 days.

Sometimes things will get stuck at the boarder.

RaynorWolfcastle

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Ground shipping through the mail can take an eternity, I've sent packages across the continent (from Canada) that took 3 weeks to get there

jupiter57

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2001
In my experience, 4-6 weeks is not unusual for items to and from Canada. If he used "Cheapest Shipping possible", you may be in for a very long wait.
To be safe, I would file a complaint with PayPal at the last minute,( 30 Days?) provided he doesn't show you any proof: (IE: at least a photo or scan of his shipping receipt.) And most definately file the claim if he does not contact you before the time period allotted by PP to file.
Shipping to and from Canada has always been a real pain, but from all the threads in FS/FT, it seems to have gotten worse in the past few weeks.

Sphexi

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2005
Shipping via the cheapest method possible (Post Office) from Canada to the US will take anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 weeks, depending on where you are, and what they put on the customs forms. If they don't hold it at customs, you should get it in about 4 weeks. The difference in price between that cheapest method and the next step up (14 business days) is generally a few bucks at MOST for something that small/light, give it a few more days, then send an email telling the person you'll file a claim if they don't respond, give that a day, then file.

tvdang7

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2005
damn i already filed. owell well see how it goes. he should have answered my emails any way.